Game Update - 4th July 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Re: Game Update - 4th July 2018

Post by TheSheWolf »

Known Issue:
There are currently some new issues with the UI layout. This will be addressed in a future patch. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.
I'd assume it's this, from patch notes, mentioning again in case some ppl missed it.
Seifer
Hunter

Post by Seifer »

TheSheWolf wrote:
Known Issue:
There are currently some new issues with the UI layout. This will be addressed in a future patch. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.
I'd assume it's this, from patch notes, mentioning again in case some ppl missed it.
How many of us know what a UI layout is? I don't :?
Spoiler:

Don't mind me, I'm just thinking out loud ;) Mike (Seifer210) ♉
XxStrong1xX
Outfitter

Post by XxStrong1xX »

Some comments on the dog 'fixes". I do not own a dog so this is just observations from hunting with my partner.

Her scenthound now tends to stay "heel" most of the time unless sent out to track game.

He no longer seems to be very interested in tracking wounded game and no longer barks when he has found a dead animal.

Also and most important to me. I asked yesterday in the Stream if the MP dog bug had been fixed and Matt said that it had. But come to find out this morning he now says he was replying to a different question. So we tested this and she was unable to use her dog when I hosted. :(

Not complaining and sure there are some bugs to be expected with any change. Just wanted to let the powers that be aware of the issues. On a positive note, hearing mostly good feedback on the pointers. :)

Playing off and on since 2010. My original forum profile https://forum.thehunter.com/memberlist. ... le&u=13071
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

Seifer wrote:
TheSheWolf wrote:
Known Issue:
How many of us know what a UI layout is? I don't :?
A "UI" is a User Interface. It just means all graphical displays and so forth that you interact with. It didn't even occur to me that anyone might not know what it was; it's a daily-use term in gaming, though in fairness, I think a lot of TheHunter players come from the hunting community rather than the gaming one.
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

XxStrong1xX wrote:Some comments on the dog 'fixes". I do not own a dog so this is just observations from hunting with my partner.

Her scenthound now tends to stay "heel" most of the time unless sent out to track game.

He no longer seems to be very interested in tracking wounded game and no longer barks when he has found a dead animal.

Also and most important to me. I asked yesterday in the Stream if the MP dog bug had been fixed and Matt said that it had. But come to find out this morning he now says he was replying to a different question. So we tested this and she was unable to use her dog when I hosted. :(

Not complaining and sure there are some bugs to be expected with any change. Just wanted to let the powers that be aware of the issues. On a positive note, hearing mostly good feedback on the pointers. :)
Yeah sorry mate, I would never intentionally give you bad information. I do remember answering one of your questions, but I don't think it was with regards to that. My bad!
XxStrong1xX
Outfitter

Post by XxStrong1xX »

TreeKiwi wrote:
XxStrong1xX wrote:Some comments on the dog 'fixes". I do not own a dog so this is just observations from hunting with my partner.

Yeah sorry mate, I would never intentionally give you bad information. I do remember answering one of your questions, but I don't think it was with regards to that. My bad!

It's okay Matt I understand. But I and a lot of other players would really like to see this get fixed. :)

Playing off and on since 2010. My original forum profile https://forum.thehunter.com/memberlist. ... le&u=13071
JamboWhoDat
Hunter

Post by JamboWhoDat »

Tried my RFF barrel in northern swamp area. Only two bears were in the area and none came to barrel. Also can't use yellow glasses with old 16x spotting scope. I get that old bug where view through spotting scope is off center and double crosshairs.
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

I lifted & replaced my barrel, and now the bears come right to it again. Give that a try.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
wvmtman59
Spotter

Post by wvmtman59 »

Mine are working great. Thanks Devs
whiteonyx
Scout

Post by whiteonyx »

Thanks for the update. Great to hear that baiting works again ;)

And big thanks for the German pointer - brings back memories, of times past by, when me and my friend was hunting pheasants wit our German pointers :) gives bird hunting a new dimension
Hunting is living

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”