Status Update - 27th June 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Beano8U
Scout

Re: Status Update - 27th June 2018

Post by Beano8U »

Nice new clothing but just thinking that Red Fox should be included in the species list as fox hunting was also classed as a gentleman's sport. This is why the Red Fox was introduced into Australia after all. :)
As for the trophy/rare of the week. We all knew it was going to be quiet around the office so it would make sense that the winners would be chosen from a 2 week entry period. Not sure why people are so upset?

Andhii
Scout

Post by Andhii »

Beano8U wrote:We all knew it was going to be quiet around the office so it would make sense that the winners would be chosen from a 2 week entry period. Not sure why people are so upset?
It's not the first time EW has been slipping from announced deadlines or plain forgotten something, which over the years has had a negative impact on many players view of the company. And sadly, won't be the last time either.

Holiday or not, you still have business to maintain, you cannot release all workers and have a complete shutdown. You need people in the office handling the usual business and incase something goes south.
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/andhii
"Never argue with an idiot...they drag you to their level and beat you with experience."
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Post by Generalkommendant »

No wonder things are moving slowly when at least half the office always seems to be on sick leave, parental leave or vacation. And then there's the "upcoming vacations in July" on top of that.

Swedish regulations at its finest. Same salary no matter what.

Sorry EW. But this is ridiculous. Stop selling bait until you've resolved the issues with the barrels. Acting like pirates for Pete's sake.
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

Generalkommendant wrote: Acting like pirates for Pete's sake.
Spoiler:
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

The overall condition of the game, content quality, communication and general attitude of the development team and community Over the past 6 months has degraded significantly imo . Got to say that this has got to be probably the worst it’s been for the forums and game as a whole. its not particularly an enjoyable place for me to spend time atm. Whiterime was bad but not this prolonged or wide spread. It just seems to be wall to wall and seems to have been so for all of 2018
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

L3M182 wrote:The overall condition of the game, content quality, communication and general attitude of the development team and community Over the past 6 months has degraded significantly imo . Got to say that this has got to be probably the worst it’s been for the forums and game as a whole. its not particularly an enjoyable place for me to spend time atm. Whiterime was bad but not this prolonged or wide spread. It just seems to be wall to wall and seems to have been so for all of 2018
How would you like the communication to change? What has not been communicated over the last 6 months?
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

TreeKiwi wrote:
L3M182 wrote:The overall condition of the game, content quality, communication and general attitude of the development team and community Over the past 6 months has degraded significantly imo . Got to say that this has got to be probably the worst it’s been for the forums and game as a whole. its not particularly an enjoyable place for me to spend time atm. Whiterime was bad but not this prolonged or wide spread. It just seems to be wall to wall and seems to have been so for all of 2018
How would you like the communication to change? What has not been communicated over the last 6 months?

Come on mat, we’re mates and I have the most respect for you, but can you hand on heart say that the current situation is harmonious?. It’s not the lack of communication, it’s the timing and the content of the communication. If it’s not late it’s vague. The forum and community is your stomping ground. Youre here daily and you must have seen/felt the change in attitude in the community and that all stems from something. Honestly pal this goes for the community and the team, simply nobody seems to care anymore, And I think that’s really sad.
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Its not, what has not been communicated these past monts ,but, what was communicated and how it was communicated TK .

L3m182 could not have said it any better imo.

People that have 1-2 years of playing this game , cannot even start to understand what some old members are talking about .
They think that this game is good . You should have seen it back then.
There was way less major bugs affecting gameplay and issues , that makes this game now , really less enjoyable , for me anyway .

Yes, i'll say it again , i've been a players for almost 5 years and the gameplay , is the worst i've seen so far .
Instead of improving , its degrading . Not good if you ask me .
Wanting to add stuff all the time is killing this game . Without any improvements and a certain quality control, it will never regain the expected , reasonnable grade it had once or even get better .

Creating a group of independent testers on seperate server is a must imo. I've mentioned that on the forum once and i stick to it . Limitation of bugs and major issues before introducing them into the game is vital , even if its to delay a certain update / patch .
As for communication , i think EW should reduce their replies , their post to once a week or so . Imo , there are too many discussions all over the forum , on any given subject and could be confusing to some . We can have a week with full conversations all over the forum and replies from EW one week and then way less or even none in another week or two .

Didn't we have less but once a week post from them back then !? Regular, important, announcements is just what we need , not more . No conversations between individuals . They want to chat , do it in a PM way .

More and more people are getting upset ,are complaining, are not happy about the state of the game it is right now and i'm one of them .
A little change in EW's attitude towards the members would be nice . A comprehension of our opinions, our thoughts, our suggestions . Showing impartiality , fairness , equality towards everyone . Regaining respect and thrust from some of us .

Sadly , there will always be people that don't demand much and will remain in the back seat and follow .

I hope and wish that this game could turn around and be a really good game to play , like it was before , really .

Keep the faith .

Adding another thought here : Whenever EW says that a post, an opinion, a thought is toxic , negative, of topic ,etc , they are a direct results of EW's actions , decisions , period . Whether EW likes it or not .
Last edited by DYEUZ on July 1st, 2018, 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

L3M182 wrote:
TreeKiwi wrote:

Come on mat, we’re mates and I have the most respect for you, but can you hand on heart say that the current situation is harmonious?. It’s not the lack of communication, it’s the timing and the content of the communication. If it’s not late it’s vague. The forum and community is your stomping ground. Youre here daily and you must have seen/felt the change in attitude in the community and that all stems from something. Honestly pal this goes for the community and the team, simply nobody seems to care anymore, And I think that’s really sad.
Yes I have and I wish I was working at the moment :D When I get back it's the first thing I will be getting on top of. Murphy's law that it all goes pear shaped just before I leave :lol:
DaveyCockett
Tracker

Post by DaveyCockett »

TreeKiwi wrote:
Hey TK lets be real. You guys put up a competition and the end has passed and gone. Our response as to why is always the same. Matt is gone and I was sick or some other blanket statement. And it took days to respond to us.
Second, every single one of you have a twitter linked to the EW account and have seen the question as to where the stream was and if there would be one. Needless to say no response no stream and a blanket statement again like sorry it happened. No it did not just happen! I set an alarm and was up at 6:30 in the morning ready and waiting with other members wondering the same, spent the whole hour waiting. And your telling me through out the day Graham never once checked twitter or the forum to see? Or had no time in his sick day, hours ahead of my time zone and could not post a no stream today? This is crap on many levels sorry if you are sick and not feeling well. Delegate the job to someone else. That is one of the many communication issues I have a problem with. The other main communication issue is you are not listening to what we request at most times if at all.
Like continuing to add more items to sell before addressing bugs. I have been playing this game since the begging and can agree with the statement that you are not catering to the players of the game but the wallets of the creators. How long can you sustain this business model before it goes **** up? If the 600 people who play this game give up on it and what it could be you are done. You do not get enough new traffic to keep the lights on do you?

So if you are a member of this game and you are reading this and agree. Reply to this comment with "Fix it" and lets see how many of us are fed up with the way it has been going.

I am at the point of not returning when my membership expires. I would hate for that to be the case but it seems that the EW does not care who sticks around as long as someone is paying for a membership or new items.
Last edited by DaveyCockett on July 1st, 2018, 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”