Status Update - 27th June 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Re: Status Update - 27th June 2018

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Greywolf01 wrote:Ok so you guys think the bait barrels are ok? Baiting is supposed to have your targets come eat. That is not happening. It is not ok and you all need to "FIX IT" Stop selling bait and anything to do with baiting of all animals til its done. No more damn excuses.
Did you actually read my post? I said something about how the barrels are working (not as they are supposed to) and about selling bait sites and bait - about not putting these items on sale right now. It's my right not to be upset about the game despite seeing its flaws. And so is sharing my opinion after you have shared yours numerous times in the last few weeks.

And believe it or not, the devs are trying to find a fix. Did you ever try to achieve something in your job and couldn't make it work as easily or quickly as you wanted to? How does it feel if someone accuses you of making "damn excuses" in that situation?
Image Image Image
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

I can confirm the feeders aren't working correctly, Had Boars attracted to my feeder for about 10 seconds then all of a sudden they lost interest and started trotting off. :roll: :lol:
I've tried this 3 times and same thing happened.
I guess there goes my two purchases of Hog Bait I brought go down the drain.
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
Greywolf01
Tracker

Post by Greywolf01 »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
Greywolf01 wrote:Ok so you guys think the bait barrels are ok? Baiting is supposed to have your targets come eat. That is not happening. It is not ok and you all need to "FIX IT" Stop selling bait and anything to do with baiting of all animals til its done. No more damn excuses.
Did you actually read my post? I said something about how the barrels are working (not as they are supposed to) and about selling bait sites and bait - about not putting these items on sale right now. It's my right not to be upset about the game despite seeing its flaws. And so is sharing my opinion after you have shared yours numerous times in the last few weeks.

And believe it or not, the devs are trying to find a fix. Did you ever try to achieve something in your job and couldn't make it work as easily or quickly as you wanted to? How does it feel if someone accuses you of making "damn excuses" in that situation?
Whatever. You will do what and when you want no matter what we post. This is ****** many people off and yes im one retired ***** of member. HAGD
EW_Graham
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by EW_Graham »

Greywolf01 wrote:
Tanngnjostr wrote:

Whatever. You will do what and when you want no matter what we post. This is ****** many people off and yes im one retired ***** of member. HAGD
You do realise you are talking to a volunteer moderator and not a member of staff? He has no "horse in this race" when it comes to bait barrels, and has no involvement on their fix or lack of. Tanngnjostr is a volunteer moderator who gives his free time willingly to work towards keeping this forum a nice place to visit (even against others best efforts sometimes...), please post with a little more civility in the future.

NOTE (this applies to everybody):

This is NOT going to become yet another bait feeder thread, we have one open, which I replied to within the last few days saying we have a developer actively working on just this right now. We read you loud and clear, now we just need time to fix it. Future posts about this subject will be deleted as OT, if it persists after that, further action will be taken. I'm inclined to agree with the points that are being made that it's the same complaints being propagated throughout the forum, which is harming the overall health of it. Expect moderation to be a lot firmer going forward with regards to OT posting.
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Post by Generalkommendant »

I really like the look of the new English outfit. I think it's a bit pricey but it's looks great.

And also:

Graham, regarding your post above, I have some words for you. 1. Self-righteous. 2. Arrogant. 3. North Korea.

"...keeping this forum a nice place to visit (even against others best efforts sometimes...)"

You think it's an ongoing conspiracy or something?

"This is NOT going to become yet another bait feeder thread..."

Why not? It's an update thread. The barrels seems to be on many people's minds when it comes to updates.

"Future posts about this subject will be deleted as OT, if it persists after that, further action will be taken."

But is that the best way you know of handling this?

"...same complaints being propagated throughout the forum, which is harming the overall health of it."

The censorship would harm the overall health. I think most of us know that in heart.

"Expect moderation to be a lot firmer going forward with regards to OT posting."

Hail the leader(?)!

What the heck is this?!
EW_Graham
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by EW_Graham »

And that right there is just the type of post I was addressing folks. This should be a nice place for EVERYBODY to visit, staff included. Ad hominems wont be accepted.
DaveyCockett
Tracker

Post by DaveyCockett »

I want to make a point that the credit card system has been called out for not working. ( not starting thread over using it for an example). I bet that issue will have been fixed already? To make my point it is how you receive your income for the EM$ so it was put to the top of the bug list asap right. Granted yes it is a pain for the player not to be able to purchase memberships. But my point is out of all the bugs pointed out such as my report on the .300 and .270 iron sights not being right. I get told not to post it more than once it has been noted but never fixed or addressed since in any posts. They are still broken. The bait sites mean nothing to me because they are a waste of money and time when you can run and gun just as good. But the fact that is has caused such a huge stir and has not been attacked as one of the first things on the board. We do not want new clothes yet if you cant fix the other issues we do not want new guns. We do not want people in the team creating more items for sale until the items in game work. So to make my point clear on this you have a short crew at the moment. That short crew should be focused on support and game operations not creating or developing more for sales. What I am and many others are requesting is you put making new items or maps or animals or anything new on the back burner until you fix the issues. We understand you are a business and are in it to make money. But this is the communication issue number one your in it for your money not your players. Graham your comment came across as an employee whom does not care how it affected us. If you are just there for a pay check and don't want to be the person who deals with members or complaints I suggest you make a power move and shoot for the top of the ladder. But you are the person who deals with us so you need to put on your costumer service face even if you don't want to.
EW_Graham
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by EW_Graham »

I’m happy to service customers Davey, that doesn’t however include personal attacks. People are absolutely allowed a voice, but not in every post about unrelated things. CS is an element of this role, but so is taking action to keep this forum pleasant for as many people as possible. If people can’t follow the spirit and rules of the forum then they’ll simply have to enjoy it on a view-only basis.
DaveyCockett
Tracker

Post by DaveyCockett »

I would love for you to service me also ;) Joking aside my posts here are not personal. I would like it to be noted being rude to Graham is not my intentions and un called for by anyone. I am frustrated and would like for things to be fixed and word things strongly. Please do not use my comments or posts as ammo or an opening to take a shot over the bow. If you have something personal to say send it in a private message.
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

Guys we want to make the forums less toxic, but unfortunately it's not actually EW that is making it this bad . We are super lenient with policing the forum rules around here, but in order to restore peace we will be following them to the written words. We have heard you all loud and clear that you are not happy with things at the moment and it will all get fixed. But for the sake of harmony in here, it's time for everyone to take a big breath and reflect on it all, you can do this voluntarily, or the decision will be made for you. Enough is enough and the excessive negativity is doing this community no good.

TK

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”