Status Update - 27th June 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Reggy
Scout

Re: Status Update - 27th June 2018

Post by Reggy »

EW_Graham wrote: Regarding the stream, I was sick this last week, along with TK on leave, and AC out on vacation unfortunately there was simply no-one to hold it, apologies for that. Business resume as normal for next Thursday!
EW_Graham wrote:Well, It's unfortunate a genuine apology wasn't enough Davey, not sure what more I can offer there. It might interest you to know though that I was doing MANY things during my sick day to try and keep our three game's communities ticking along the best I could. Unfortunately the scheduling WAS off on the posts, I messed the time up as it was in 12hr format in our tool instead of 24, apparently mistakes are more common when one is feeling like they've been run over by a bus. :/ In the future though I'll be sure to put my health on the back shelf and triple-check. Apologies.
@Graham - I don't see a genuine apology, I see an excuse with the word "apologies" at the end. 30 seconds to tweet the stream is off, so excuse not reason IMO. No remorse, no empathy just an excuse. I honestly think you forgot about tHC & the stream due to other game communitys but refuse to admit that, or you could have just said something like - "I was sick and unable to tweet about the stream, my apologies" OR you could have just owned it and said "Hey guys I screwed up, sorry", instead of blaming everyone that is on leave/vacation/whatever. That people might understand as you're only human and deal with mostly Steam. But why is it tHC is last and the other of your game's communities always have priority? Is it tHC is older and NOT gaining new players where the others ARE gaining new players? Probably just a perception on my part, possibly a phone setting. ;)
EW_Graham wrote: In the future though I'll be sure to put my health on the back shelf and triple-check.
Really professional there. The fact you posted that is truly sad as you sound like an immature 12 year old! You're not an unpaid volunteer but rather EW's paid representative on this forum and that is how you respond, really not good, not good at all! I know you are young, but I hope you're not really that immature. When is Alena coming back?

FIX IT!
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

EW_Graham wrote:
DaveyCockett wrote:
EW_Graham wrote:
I've poked Mat to do some judging. Please bear in mind he is technically on leave just now, so it may not be right away. The main post will be updated as soon as we have some winners.
What about the stream? You dropped the ball on that one and I feel you guys should make it right because that was scheduled for me and I wake up at 6:30 am just to be a part of it. And does "as soon as we have some winners" mean you are extending the competition and the entries that have posted are not being considered winners? Or are you gonna honor the date set and pick from the short list of participants?
It'll of course be judged up to the original end date. Regarding the stream, I was sick this last week, along with TK on leave, and AC out on vacation unfortunately there was simply no-one to hold it, apologies for that. Business resume as normal for next Thursday!
I see an apology there, and I took it as such. It wasn't slathered with whipping cream (Graham is always no-nonsense) but that the gaff was unintentional was self explanatory. Things have deteriorated rather quickly since, and that goes both ways.

I was disappointed there was no stream as well, but then I remembered, I also have a life. He was sick. Nuff said.

Fix it.
Spoiler:

Say what you mean, mean what you say; decide upon it, do it, defend it. Keep an open mind, admit when you're wrong, forgive and forget.
EW_Graham
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by EW_Graham »

EW_Graham wrote:But why is it tHC is last and the other of your game's communities always have priority? Is it tHC is older and NOT gaining new players where the others ARE gaining new players? Probably just a perception on my part, possibly a phone setting. ;)
Look at my post. It was made after 11pm on a Sunday night. If it was a case of not caring about the game I'd have been tucked up in bed reading or asleep at that point, instead of browsing the forums and posting here. Unfortunately during this time of low staffing my attention spread thinly across ALL of our games although of course it makes sense tH:C is the one you'll notice the most, it being your personal favorite. This is merely temporary until we get more bodies back in the office.

About my apology, I wrote that with the belief the posts had gone out, and was merely apologising for the stream not happening. At that point I hadn't realised I'd made the scheduling mistake, and presumed the info was out there.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

some people get mad but if people arent sure or dont understand whats going off at the moment with avalanche and how busy it is and its summer time. so most people in sweden are off on holidays.dont go too crazy about it.this was mentioned that the crew would be thin on the ground for summer holidays.

grahams been to e3, there is rage 2 being done , theHunter franchize , Generation_Zero , xbox stuff , community work on here . matts on leave . give him a break.
saldas1983
Hunter

Post by saldas1983 »

Fix it.
Beano8U
Scout

Post by Beano8U »

I can't believe how angry everyone seems. I know I have been angry in the past but later found it was my errors on most occasions.
I have only been playing for a few years. But I remember the time I suggested changing the render distance of animals.
Man, was I shot down for that. Multiple people (theHunter veterans) said "It can never happen" I felt like I was being made the biggest idiot in the community and even stayed away from the forums for a few weeks after that.
Guess everyone is forgetting major developments like that.
I know there are still bugs. There always will be, as the game is still being actively developed and improved.
The weekly status updates usually include regular bug fixes. Whats been fixed and what's being worked on. Good enough for me.
I enjoy my holidays (even though I am forced to use all my annual leave to cover my wage with a foot injury) The EW staff should also be allowed to enjoy there's.
Keep up the great work. I am a pleased customer :D

Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Beano8U wrote:I can't believe how angry everyone seems.
I know I'm considered a fanboy anyway, so obviously no surprise to anyone, but: I agree wholeheartedly.

We just got one of the most requested features with increased render range, and for such a major patch that was considered impossible for many years it worked pretty smooth if you ask me. Add to that the long requested feature of multiplayer deployables and the nice option of creating your own shooting ranges. The only real issue that's left from this patch, after most things have been fixed during the last weeks, is the bait sites that aren't working like they are supposed to. (At least the bear barrels are not completely broken by the way, you just have to change your strategy a little bit.) Mind you, that's a minor part of the game - it affects five species and you can still hunt them, though not quite as effective I admit. (I agree that bait sites shouldn't be put on sale at the moment though, at least not without a notice of their state)

And now people are complaining about a live stream that was canceled without notice. About a new clothing set that has almost the same stats as another set. And yes, I know the hit boxes can be frustrating, but we all know it's been there for ages and it's probably so deep in the code that it's unlikely we'll ever see a change. Don't get me wrong: I've had my share of frustrating moments in this game - just a few days ago I lost a hard effort of four hours in a community competition because of a server issue. But I understand that no game of this size and age is ever going to be perfect or bug free. Not going to happen! And if you ask me how many of my hunts are seriously affected by bugs (seriously affected means: I'm frustrated and quit), I'd say no more than maybe 1 or 2 percent! Minor bugs, I do see them more often of course, but they don't take away the fun for me.

Could communication be better? I do agree that some things could be communicated earlier or more precise by EW. But to me it feels like the quality of communication has suffered on both sides. The mood in the forum has gotten so toxic in the last weeks that it reminds me of the times of the WRR fiasco. :(
Image Image Image
Beano8U
Scout

Post by Beano8U »

Sorry for a double post but it was actually mentioned in a previous staff update that staff members would be enjoying their Summer holidays for the next few weeks.
I am sure the EW team deserve a break. Especially if they are sick or other circumstances "arrive".
Not sure if I said it already, but congrats on the arrival of a new family member TK! Hope you and the missus are going ok with the new ratbag in your life :P

aussieshooter
Spotter

Post by aussieshooter »

The message boards over the last few months seemed to have taken a dark turn. It seems one person complains about something, then someone agrees and adds something they also don't like, and then it just snowballs from there. I know of one user who (although only ever a lurker) doesn't check the boards anymore, because to quote them "its just a bunch of complaints". Even in this topic one person says the communication isn't enough, another says cut it back further. It's impossible to please everyone and trying to do so displeases all. Personally I think the game is the best its ever been. And I've been playing since not long after launch. Evolving games always have bugs, its the nature of the business.

It might also be noted that some of the comments about how many people are on holidays and leave are coming across, and it may be unintentional, as envious. The Nordic countries do have a lot of holidays and benefits. However they also rank consistently in the top 10 happiest and healthiest peoples in the world. Might be something the rest of the world should look at.

The bait barrels - The issue has been brought up here goodness knows how many times in the last few weeks. EW have said they're looking into it. That's it. Those who like bait hunting now have 3 choices: use the sales to stock up for the coming year, adjust the style of hunting to actually go after the bears that are attracted but not coming close to the barrels, or stop baiting until it is fixed. If you feel you should be compensated contact support.

The clothes - I mean really, there are so many different clothes does it really matter. Find something you like and roll with it. Buy 'em if you like the way the look I guess.

Graham - mate if you are crook, it can't be helped. 90% of the people out there who follow the streams and the message boards won't get bent out of shape about it. Its not the end of the world. Someones health - be it physical or mental - is the most important thing. Maybe do a super stream next week and offer an extra prize or two to make up to those who missed you last week.

TK - Go and spend time with the bub and missus. Worry about this place when you are officially back on deck. I'm confident it'll still be here.

Cheers to all.
Greywolf01
Tracker

Post by Greywolf01 »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
Beano8U wrote:I can't believe how angry everyone seems.
I know I'm considered a fanboy anyway, so obviously no surprise to anyone, but: I agree wholeheartedly.

We just got one of the most requested features with increased render range, and for such a major patch that was considered impossible for many years it worked pretty smooth if you ask me. Add to that the long requested feature of multiplayer deployables and the nice option of creating your own shooting ranges. The only real issue that's left from this patch, after most things have been fixed during the last weeks, is the bait sites that aren't working like they are supposed to. (At least the bear barrels are not completely broken by the way, you just have to change your strategy a little bit.) Mind you, that's a minor part of the game - it affects five species and you can still hunt them, though not quite as effective I admit. (I agree that bait sites shouldn't be put on sale at the moment though, at least not without a notice of their state)

And now people are complaining about a live stream that was canceled without notice. About a new clothing set that has almost the same stats as another set. And yes, I know the hit boxes can be frustrating, but we all know it's been there for ages and it's probably so deep in the code that it's unlikely we'll ever see a change. Don't get me wrong: I've had my share of frustrating moments in this game - just a few days ago I lost a hard effort of four hours in a community competition because of a server issue. But I understand that no game of this size and age is ever going to be perfect or bug free. Not going to happen! And if you ask me how many of my hunts are seriously affected by bugs (seriously affected means: I'm frustrated and quit), I'd say no more than maybe 1 or 2 percent! Minor bugs, I do see them more often of course, but they don't take away the fun for me.

Could communication be better? I do agree that some things could be communicated earlier or more precise by EW. But to me it feels like the quality of communication has suffered on both sides. The mood in the forum has gotten so toxic in the last weeks that it reminds me of the times of the WRR fiasco. :(
Ok so you guys think the bait barrels are ok? Baiting is supposed to have your targets come eat. That is not happening. It is not ok and you all need to "FIX IT" Stop selling bait and anything to do with baiting of all animals til its done. No more damn excuses.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”