Midsummer Event - 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
EW_Graham
Community Manager
Community Manager

Midsummer Event - 2018

Post by EW_Graham »

Hello Hunters!

It's that time of the year again, the time where everybody in Sweden goes a little loopy and eats too much food, dance like frogs, and consume more schnapps than is recommended (not necessarily in that order). As such, we will do as every year and bring this midsummer enthusiasm to the game! Read on to see what we have this year:

Competitions

First up we have some Airborne Appetizers where we are all about grabbing those birds!

For the second course we are looking for something a little heftier with our Main Course Buffet. Keep that harvest value up, we want nothing but the best quality dishes on our table!

Missions

We also have some missions for desert should your hunting appetite still not be satiated. You can find them here: https://www.thehunter.com/#missions

Your reward for bagging 100% mission completion is this fancy trophy:

Best of luck, and glad midsommar allihopa (happy midsummer everyone)!

/theHunter Team
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Re: Midsummer Event - 2018

Post by FR_Bugs »

Thanks for this new event Staff and Devs.
rhapsodaisical
Scout

Post by rhapsodaisical »

Thank you very much! I was half expecting the Event to be with Daily sales/Tiers again like Valentines
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

I have a question..why are these things always announced, on here, and the main web page 5 hours after they start? The first comp started at 2:00 a.m. local time, this post was made at 7:40 a.m. local time. Why wasn't it announced yesterday, so if I wanted to start at 2:00 a.m., I knew about it? The date on the main web page shows June 19th, but I assure you, it was not there last night at 10:30 p.m. local time.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
EW_Graham
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by EW_Graham »

Bandwidth. ;) Mat is currently off enjoying his new arrival to the family, our new starter AC is off on vacation, and I've just got back from promoting a game in L.A., and currently working hard for more of the same in August, as well as all of the Call of the Wild stuff and the normal day-to-day overhead that comes with running three communities. Basically I'm a one-man-band right now due to special circumstances, so unfortunately "service" may be a little spotty over the next weeks. I'll of course do the best I can to minimise that, but I'm human, and we are only graced with so many hours in a day.
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

It was also announced in last weeks Status Update that it would be starting today. #notactuallyhere
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

How does one start a new job, and immediately go on vacation? Wasn't the new AC just announced a week or so ago? This would have been a great time to have that person at work, eh?

@TK yes, I know it was announced in the SU, I actually read them and know where to post stuff, etc. But there were no details on my PC until 7:40 a.m., local time. Today.

I don't want to argue, I'd just like to know, when YOU knew when it was starting, as of last week, someone couldn't find a PC at home, or in L.A. or wherever, to put the information out to the community in a timely manner.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
EW_Graham
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by EW_Graham »

stancomputerhunter wrote:How does one start a new job, and immediately go on vacation? Wasn't the new AC just announced a week or so ago? This would have been a great time to have that person at work eh?
To be fair, that’s really not something that concerns you. In the interest of information sharing however, it is quite normal in modern working life that people are able to honor pre-existing commitments when they start a new role. It is as it is.

As for the rest, I believe mine and Mats post covered that.

Now, let’s bring this post back on topic, the activities in midsummer event. Should you have further concerns you are welcome to reach me via PM.
JamboWhoDat
Hunter

Post by JamboWhoDat »

EW_Graham wrote:running three communities.
:?: :!: :?: :!: :? :?
1. theHunter
2. Call of the wild
3. ?

Just curious what is the third community? Is there a secret hunting game out there we do not know about? Like the secret club by invitation only hidden in Disneyland.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

cheers for the event ! ;)

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”