Status Update - 7th June 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Pretty_Boy
Outfitter

Re: Status Update - 7th June 2018

Post by Pretty_Boy »

DYEUZ wrote:Thx for the update .

Looking at the results of this week's '' Rare and Trophy of the Week '' contest , i see once again , the winning pics, where the hunters have used the ''extra'' poses .
Its been those players / these poses , mostly for last couple months now .
Am i to understand that it gives an advantage ? That i need to go buy some '' extra '' ones , because the ''free'' ones are not appealing to you guys no more ?

tyvm
Hey DYEUZ,
I would very much like to give you some em$ to see you pose in front of the camera, problem is I dont have it right now :/

Pretty_Boy
Outfitter

Post by Pretty_Boy »

JamboWhoDat wrote:Thank for the update. I understand about the drop in fps caused by having many bullet holes on the targets, but what about having just the previous shot bullet on the target. Such that you fire and miss bulleyes, the bullet hole stays. You fire again and still miss, the previous bullet gets replaced with the round you just fired. At all times there is only one bullet on target. It will be a great help being able to see a point of reference when adjusting our aim.
Agree! You must be very smart ;) Maybe make a time limit for it to show, like 5 seconds, then fade away? :)

gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Maybe just have a clear target button, like most other games have used......... ;)

Kiwi,.. This SU seems like Deja Vu
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Thanks for the update, Mat. Oh, and by the way: I love shooting Mats! ;) :D
Image Image Image
Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

TreeKiwi, I'm watching the stream now & you were doing something that a lot of people do(myself included). Many years ago, shooting at targets with a friend, I leaned in to see where he hit. We were 100 yards away & he asked me "Did leaning in that extra 6 inches help?" :lol: :lol:
I still catch myself doing that all the time.
The stream looked like a lot of fun.
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
J_Birdman
Hunter

Post by J_Birdman »

From a different Latest News & Announcements thread TreeKiwi wrote:
J_Birdman wrote:If we must walk within 220m of deployable targets in order to use them, they are a complete flop IMO and I'll be saving my em$ for something that works.
I will be addressing this tomorrow mate, but it will be getting fixed. Sorry about that.
In today's Status Update TreeKiwi wrote:Deployable Targets Not Rendering beyond 220m. This one is a little bit more complex to solve, but it will happen. A work around, until it is solved, once a target has been brought into render, it will stay. So you can either walk up to within 200m of the targets, or put a tent off to the side, halfway down the range and then walk back up to your shooting position. We understand this is inconvenient and frustrating. Sorry.
Hm. Thanks for letting me know that they're going to be fixed, both times. We've been told before that this or that was was going to be fixed, only to never see them fixed though. Sorry EW, but I'll believe it when I see it. Until then, my em$ stays in my wallet.
JamboWhoDat wrote:Thank for the update. I understand about the drop in fps caused by having many bullet holes on the targets, but what about having just the previous shot bullet on the target. Such that you fire and miss bulleyes, the bullet hole stays. You fire again and still miss, the previous bullet gets replaced with the round you just fired. At all times there is only one bullet on target. It will be a great help being able to see a point of reference when adjusting our aim.
The Deployable Targets are becoming more undesirable to me with every passing day. I was hoping to buy some for long range shooting practice and for learning my rifles' long range behaviors. If we can't seem them at long range or if we can't compare two shots on a target, why would I buy them? I'm so happy I don't rush to the game store to buy every new thing until I see the quick-buyers post their feedback(thanks guys and gals!), truly happy, but this is a shame because I was really looking forward to these things. Ah well. Great, logical suggestion, JamboWhoDat.

If both of these item-breaking issues(personnaly, for me, they are completely broken and utterly useless as they stand) are ever fixed I will be the first to say thank you, EW, right before I head to the store to buy some. Until then, have fun with them, all of you short-range shooters out there who want something a little different than the free shooting ranges that already exist in some of the reserves. Thanks for the info's TreeKiwi.
kahuamp
Scout

Post by kahuamp »

Shootin' cans n'bottles with the revolvers in the backyard of the lodge would definitely convince me to renew my license. Would also enjoy blastin' shotguns at trespassers and poachers.(from my rockin' chair)
rhapsodaisical
Scout

Post by rhapsodaisical »

kahuamp wrote:Shootin' cans n'bottles with the revolvers in the backyard of the lodge would definitely convince me to renew my license. Would also enjoy blastin' shotguns at trespassers and poachers.(from my rockin' chair)
Thankfully the Banjo is on sale this weekend.
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

J_Birdman wrote:
From a different Latest News & Announcements thread TreeKiwi wrote:
J_Birdman wrote:If we must walk within 220m of deployable targets in order to use them, they are a complete flop IMO and I'll be saving my em$ for something that works.
I will be addressing this tomorrow mate, but it will be getting fixed. Sorry about that.
In today's Status Update TreeKiwi wrote:Deployable Targets Not Rendering beyond 220m. This one is a little bit more complex to solve, but it will happen. A work around, until it is solved, once a target has been brought into render, it will stay. So you can either walk up to within 200m of the targets, or put a tent off to the side, halfway down the range and then walk back up to your shooting position. We understand this is inconvenient and frustrating. Sorry.
Hm. Thanks for letting me know that they're going to be fixed, both times. We've been told before that this or that was was going to be fixed, only to never see them fixed though. Sorry EW, but I'll believe it when I see it. Until then, my em$ stays in my wallet.
The Deployable Targets are becoming more undesirable to me with every passing day. I was hoping to buy some for long range shooting practice and for learning my rifles' long range behaviors. If we can't seem them at long range or if we can't compare two shots on a target, why would I buy them? I'm so happy I don't rush to the game store to buy every new thing until I see the quick-buyers post their feedback(thanks guys and gals!), truly happy, but this is a shame because I was really looking forward to these things. Ah well. Great, logical suggestion, JamboWhoDat.

If both of these item-breaking issues(personnaly, for me, they are completely broken and utterly useless as they stand) are ever fixed I will be the first to say thank you, EW, right before I head to the store to buy some. Until then, have fun with them, all of you short-range shooters out there who want something a little different than the free shooting ranges that already exist in some of the reserves. Thanks for the info's TreeKiwi.
I like you wanted to wait but I did buy one target (round Target) and no mat. I have set the target at 495 meters from the shooting range on WHI and I can assure you that the bullet holes do show and stay at that range.
Spoiler:
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

Violator31 wrote:TreeKiwi, I'm watching the stream now & you were doing something that a lot of people do(myself included). Many years ago, shooting at targets with a friend, I leaned in to see where he hit. We were 100 yards away & he asked me "Did leaning in that extra 6 inches help?" :lol: :lol:
I still catch myself doing that all the time.
The stream looked like a lot of fun.
Mate it was one of the most fun streams I have done in a long time. I think I might have to set up some shooting comps. The targets even under 200m with the plink were really good fun... Everyone using the whistling and callers to put each other off was hard case!

Tanngnjostr wrote:Thanks for the update, Mat. Oh, and by the way: I love shooting Mats! ;) :D
Hahaha You know, for some reason the whole time I never clicked that my name was in them. Someone in the stream today said, its ok if you go on holiday with your baby now. Because I have a roll up Mat I can take with me everywhere now :lol:

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”