Status Update - 7th June 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
J_Birdman
Hunter

Re: Status Update - 7th June 2018

Post by J_Birdman »

RidgeBack69 wrote:I like you wanted to wait but I did buy one target (round Target) and no mat. I have set the target at 495 meters from the shooting range on WHI and I can assure you that the bullet holes do show and stay at that range.
Well hmm then, differing results. Could it be "attached" to the mats then? I certainly would like to have the unlimited ammo they provide during my target shooting. Thanks Ridgeback.
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

J_Birdman wrote:
RidgeBack69 wrote:I like you wanted to wait but I did buy one target (round Target) and no mat. I have set the target at 495 meters from the shooting range on WHI and I can assure you that the bullet holes do show and stay at that range.
Well hmm then, differing results. Could it be "attached" to the mats then? I certainly would like to have the unlimited ammo they provide during my target shooting. Thanks Ridgeback.
shooting from the platform of the shooting range gives you unlimited ammo but it ties you to one spot.
Spoiler:
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

TreeKiwi wrote:
Violator31 wrote:TreeKiwi, I'm watching the stream now & you were doing something that a lot of people do(myself included). Many years ago, shooting at targets with a friend, I leaned in to see where he hit. We were 100 yards away & he asked me "Did leaning in that extra 6 inches help?" :lol: :lol:
I still catch myself doing that all the time.
The stream looked like a lot of fun.
Mate it was one of the most fun streams I have done in a long time. I think I might have to set up some shooting comps. The targets even under 200m with the plink were really good fun... Everyone using the whistling and callers to put each other off was hard case!

Tanngnjostr wrote:Thanks for the update, Mat. Oh, and by the way: I love shooting Mats! ;) :D
Hahaha You know, for some reason the whole time I never clicked that my name was in them. Someone in the stream today said, its ok if you go on holiday with your baby now. Because I have a roll up Mat I can take with me everywhere now :lol:
TK, it was the best stream since the intro of the dev cam. I would like to see you do another one, with a super-long target shooting comp (when it's fixed) and use the dev cam to monitor the targets on a split screen, or picture in picture, to see exactly where the shots are hitting. It would be a very cool stream. Loved it today! Plenty of hilarity! I was LMAO when you kept getting tongue tied saying the word mat; I shouted out loud "Dude!!! it's your NAME!!!!" :lol: :lol:
Spoiler:

Say what you mean, mean what you say; decide upon it, do it, defend it. Keep an open mind, admit when you're wrong, forgive and forget.
J_Birdman
Hunter

Post by J_Birdman »

RidgeBack69 wrote:
J_Birdman wrote:
shooting from the platform of the shooting range gives you unlimited ammo but it ties you to one spot.
Heh, I've had a 200m tripod stand outside of Archery Addictions for a couple of years now. I've wasted plenty of ammo and weapon efficiency there, with the added cost of not being able to see the bullet holes. Only the smoke puff, if you're lucky.

So you are saying this work-around means.. We can see multiple bullet holes on the long range targets, with unlimited ammo, as long as we sit on an actual shooting range platform instead of a mat. That's great, at least there's an option, albeit a very slim one for me at least. It comes at the expense of being able to set up at a reserve/location of our choosing like you said, as well as maybe having to shoot through who knows what, I dunno. Which range in WHI? I just looked around both lodges and didn't see anything even close to that far, but it was raining lol. I wonder which others would get us over 400m. Have you tried any other shooting ranges for spots?
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

J_Birdman wrote:
RidgeBack69 wrote:
J_Birdman wrote: Well hmm then, differing results. Could it be "attached" to the mats then? I certainly would like to have the unlimited ammo they provide during my target shooting. Thanks Ridgeback.
Heh, I've had a 200m tripod stand outside of Archery Addictions for a couple of years now. I've wasted plenty of ammo and weapon efficiency there, with the added cost of not being able to see the bullet holes. Only the smoke puff, if you're lucky.

So you are saying this work-around means.. We can see multiple bullet holes on the long range targets, with unlimited ammo, as long as we sit on an actual shooting range platform instead of a mat. That's great, at least there's an option, albeit a very slim one for me at least. It comes at the expense of being able to set up at a reserve/location of our choosing like you said, as well as maybe having to shoot through who knows what, I dunno. Which range in WHI? I just looked around both lodges and didn't see anything even close to that far, but it was raining lol. I wonder which others would get us over 400m. Have you tried any other shooting ranges for spots?
The rifle range at the field lodge (I'm sorry I meant to say loggers point) and yes you have to shoot from the platform to the left of the range through the trees.
Spoiler:
J_Birdman
Hunter

Post by J_Birdman »

RidgeBack69 wrote:
J_Birdman wrote:
RidgeBack69 wrote: shooting from the platform of the shooting range gives you unlimited ammo but it ties you to one spot.

The rifle range at the field lodge (I'm sorry I meant to say loggers point) and yes you have to shoot from the platform to the left of the range through the trees.
Ahh, lol no wonder! No worries, I'll take a trip there for a look, probably along with every other reserve range over the next couple days. I actually did once try to do the same thing at the LP range that I did in RF with the 200m tripod, but it wasn't any better so I dropped it. Thanks again, Ridgeback.
J_Birdman
Hunter

Post by J_Birdman »

JamboWhoDat wrote:Thank for the update. I understand about the drop in fps caused by having many bullet holes on the targets, but what about having just the previous shot bullet on the target. Such that you fire and miss bulleyes, the bullet hole stays. You fire again and still miss, the previous bullet gets replaced with the round you just fired. At all times there is only one bullet on target. It will be a great help being able to see a point of reference when adjusting our aim. To clarify, I am talking about the animal targets. The bullseye field targets do show the bullet holes.
Thank you for clarifying, Jambo. I already knew the animal targets don't register bullet holes outside the red circle because it was in TreeKiwi's "Deployable Targets (A quick run down) thread and this SU. I assumed everyone else read and understood them and that's a big, dumb failure on my part, and so thus assumed you were originally talking about all the targets. I knew the ERR and subsequent deployable targets releases would be a rollercoaster ride, but I didn't know I'd be in one of the front seats! :lol: Regardless, it's good to learn that the holes do show up on the long range targets, from both the mats and range platforms, and if/when the render range issue gets fixed I'll be making some purchases for sure. Happy hunting.
whiteonyx
Scout

Post by whiteonyx »

gas56 wrote:Maybe just have a clear target button, like most other games have used......... ;)

Kiwi,.. This SU seems like Deja Vu

Thanks for the SU, but to be honest, i was thinking the same thing
Hunting is living
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

whiteonyx wrote:
gas56 wrote:Maybe just have a clear target button, like most other games have used......... ;)

Thanks for the feedback!

There was actually only one article that was the same, and that was the one that I had written (Skip if you read last week).

Its a hard balance trying to keep people informed. Even with the reiteration of some information in there. We are bound to get some people saying over the July/August period. "Why is nobody replying to me and why are is there no SU today etc"

I do try my best for you guys :D, sorry it was a bit, as we would say in NZ "same same".

TK
whiteonyx
Scout

Post by whiteonyx »

TreeKiwi wrote:
whiteonyx wrote:

Thanks for the feedback!

There was actually only one article that was the same, and that was the one that I had written (Skip if you read last week).

Its a hard balance trying to keep people informed. Even with the reiteration of some information in there. We are bound to get some people saying over the July/August period. "Why is nobody replying to me and why are is there no SU today etc"

I do try my best for you guys :D, sorry it was a bit, as we would say in NZ "same same".

TK

You're forgiven mate ;) :lol: have a nice weekend
Hunting is living

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”