Deployable Targets (A quick run down)

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Deployable Targets (A quick run down)

Post by TreeKiwi »

OK here is a super quick run down of how the deployable targets work:

All Deployable Targets and mats are deployed with the same functionality as any other deployable item in game.

Shooting Mats:
  • To use a mat, approach it and once the option appears, press 'E' and follow the prompts in the radial menu.
  • While on the mat you will not consume ammunition, all shots will be registered on the scoreboard(in Multiplayer only) and you can not shoot at animals.
  • While on the mat a player can not walk or run, but can enter any firing stance (Standing, crouching and prone).
  • Firing from the mat will spook animals.
  • The shooting mats remove foliage when placed on the ground, this has been done to assist with a clear field of vision.
  • We wanted to make this as free as we could for users to create competitions, so shooters do not have to be bound to one mat. You could in theory set up a shooting course. For example a competitor could start at mat 'A', have to shoot 3 targets, with 3 bullets in 'X' amount of time. Then run to mat 'B' and shoot the next lot of targets with whatever house rules have been decided and then move to... etc.
  • Only the host can clear the scoreboard
  • To leave a mat, simply press the 'E' button again.
  • There are 3 different variations to pick from, all provide the same function.
Animal Targets:
  • There are 3 animal silhouettes you can pick from, a Rabbit, Deer and Bear.
  • Each animal type comes in three different colour variations, White, Black or Black with a red edge.
  • There are no difference in functionality between the colour variations, we tired to provide a range that would work in different environments. We also understand that everyone's eyes work differently and we hope that these variations help to cater to these needs.
  • Each animal scores different points when hit in the red bell (Rabbit 7, Deer 5 and Bear 3)
  • If you are close enough, you will get a very satisfying 'Ding' noise to confirm you have hit.
  • To free people up from FPS drop, bullet holes will always show if you hit the bell. But over 120m, the bullet decals will not show anywhere else on the animal models. When testing we found that fps started to drop quite rapidly the more bullet holes we retained at distance. Never fear, the long range (field) targets show bullet holes at any distance and on the animal targets you can still actually see the projectile impact.
  • Hitting the target in the bell will give you shot information in the bottom right corner, points and distance.
Field Targets:
  • There are 6 different target variations to select from.
  • The more rings a variation has, the more points can be scored when shot.
  • The smallest being 1,2,3 and the largest being 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, depending which ring you hit.
  • The targets are on a swing arm, meaning they rock back when hit.
  • These targets are designed for the longer shots, but also add more variation into the scoring of any competition that is set up.
  • If you are close enough you will hear the impact on the target, "DING".
  • Hitting the target will give you shot information in the bottom right hand corner, points and distance.
I hope this helps.. I am sure I have left some information out... it has been a long day!

Cheers all,

TK
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Re: Deployable Targets (A quick run down)

Post by JimboCrow »

Thanks for this TK. Very helpful.

PS. Shouldn't you be in bed or something? Good work!

Jimbo
Schlachtwolf
Hunter

Post by Schlachtwolf »

I ran up the hill in WRR and could still spot the targets at over 1000m !!! But with my .45-70 Goverment my chances of hiting it were pretty small, now if I had my .300 I might have given it a go....
My opinion may not be right, but it is the one I like most :D

muldo
Outfitter

Post by muldo »

Cheers TK, set some up on VDB and already am a fanboy.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

really great effort it is appreciated.thank you kiwi ;)
DaveyCockett
Tracker

Post by DaveyCockett »

I have started a forum on a field target match with the air rifles if anyone is interested in putting any input. https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=168&t=87448. it will take me a while to get 27 targets to set up 9 lanes. If possible I will put shooting mats at each lane for same shot positioning for all competitors. So as of now the full match would be 54 total shots per match. Two shots per target, majority of the targets will be shot from prone. Starting at 40m- 125m and will be ranged by bracketing ( using your mildots in your scope to size the animal and estimate the distance). There will also be two lanes of off hand shooting one kneeling the other standing. After a few test runs I will hold a public match and announce the date and time along with all rules again. TreeKiwi the targets are awesome and so are the shooting mats thanks to you and the team.
Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

Thanks for the info. I bought some before I left for work this afternoon. Made a quick session to set one of them up. I'm pretty impressed. Thanks to the team for the addition & all the efforts to get it all sorted out. I was disappointed that the shots that were a little off didn't show up on the target, but your explanation explains it.
I won't get the use out of them that a lot of folks will, but they are cool & I will use them periodically.
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
nachthexe
Hunter

Post by nachthexe »

A very nice idea and implementation, ty team!
Code: Select all
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

Thanks TK all is clear now :)
Beano8U
Scout

Post by Beano8U »

VERY nice.
I can't believe the major upadades/features lately. Great work, very impressed.
One suggestion though. A dartboard style target so we can play "darts" Would be unreal :P Especially after everyone dials in to the bullet drop mechanic :)
Just a thought, still a hunting game afterall.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”