Status Update (Will be Thursday this week)

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
User avatar
rhapsodaisical
Scout
Posts: 313
Joined: December 15th, 2017, 4:57 pm
Contact:

Re: Status Update (Will be Thursday this week)

Postby rhapsodaisical » June 5th, 2018, 4:53 pm

TreeKiwi wrote:
I want a poem :lol: (I do enjoy them :D )


In regards to the Shooting Targets, something I longed for and you guys really delivered and then some! The pricing was shockingly reasonable. An absolute joy and thank you devs so much! This is the bomb!
User avatar
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator
Posts: 6748
Joined: June 29th, 2012, 7:13 pm
Location: 42.655701 N, 82.61936 W

Re: Status Update (Will be Thursday this week)

Postby Tod1d » June 6th, 2018, 7:48 am

RidgeBack69 wrote:
Tod1d wrote:Which range? I wasn't aware you could even see that far at the ranges. I'm looking for a spot to set some targets up too, and would prefer to just extend a current range.

I'll go check the distances again, but I wasn't able to see 400 & 500m targets, even if I walked up to them & back.

The only one that I found is the rifle range at the field lodge on LP. If you have trouble finding target locations just let me know and I will be glad to help.


Curious to see where you put them. I went to the range, as it's the usual range I used to test ballistics on weapons. I could not find spots for targets over about 140m
There are a few lanes through the trees on the left of the platform (NE) where you can see long distances.

I ended up setting one up on BRR.

Image

With targets at 25, 50, 75, 100, 150, 200, 250, 300, 400, 500, 750, 1000

I can get decent shots out to 400. I can hit the target at 450 but the shot placement is very erratic. No shots registering at 500 & above.

P.S. I can see the targets out to 1000m, so they must have fixed that.

[edit] Spoke too soon. I just started at the tent, and can only see targets out to 200m :(
Image
"It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
User avatar
INTIMID883R
Outfitter
Posts: 1980
Joined: September 13th, 2012, 2:50 pm
Location: Ft Worth

Re: Status Update (Will be Thursday this week)

Postby INTIMID883R » June 6th, 2018, 9:24 am

Start at your lodge and walk to the tent, you have to bring them all into render before you can see them.
Spoiler:
User avatar
RidgeBack69
Outfitter
Posts: 1596
Joined: December 6th, 2015, 1:39 pm

Re: Status Update (Will be Thursday this week)

Postby RidgeBack69 » June 6th, 2018, 9:30 am

Tod1d wrote:
RidgeBack69 wrote:
Tod1d wrote:Which range? I wasn't aware you could even see that far at the ranges. I'm looking for a spot to set some targets up too, and would prefer to just extend a current range.

I'll go check the distances again, but I wasn't able to see 400 & 500m targets, even if I walked up to them & back.

The only one that I found is the rifle range at the field lodge on LP. If you have trouble finding target locations just let me know and I will be glad to help.


Curious to see where you put them. I went to the range, as it's the usual range I used to test ballistics on weapons. I could not find spots for targets over about 140m
There are a few lanes through the trees on the left of the platform (NE) where you can see long distances.



The lanes through the trees is where i was placing them.


From what I can see it the short testing I have done is the bullet de-spawns at around 500+ meters. so shots longer than that will not work at this time. Unless you are shooting at an extreme angle.
Spoiler:
User avatar
Granti
Scout
Posts: 455
Joined: October 7th, 2016, 1:10 pm

Re: Status Update (Will be Thursday this week)

Postby Granti » June 6th, 2018, 9:59 am

Tod1d wrote:Spoke too soon. I just started at the tent, and can only see targets out to 200m :(


same problem; its possible to walk them back in render (350/did not try longer) but thats pretty useless if you always have to do it when shooting greater distances.
User avatar
Pretty_Boy
Outfitter
Posts: 1072
Joined: August 9th, 2013, 4:56 am
Location: Oslo, Norway

Re: Status Update (Will be Thursday this week)

Postby Pretty_Boy » June 6th, 2018, 10:53 am

JamboWhoDat wrote:
ronMctube wrote:
JamboWhoDat wrote:TK I strongly suggest you put a link in the original post to last week's stream about the deployable targets so it will answer all the questions. Otherwise this thread is going to be bombard with post about, "the target's are broke. I can't see where I hit it. The targets don't make a noise at 300m. They are broke etc."

:arrow: Ron and serge the first 15 min of last week's stream explains everything about the deployable targets and why they purposely did what they did to them.


i missed the first bit of the stream. so didnt know about it.also only a small amount of people watch the stream.so many wont know about the items.ideally the information should be available for release.not trying to be funny about it. i dont even know about the items and i played the game for nearly ten years.imagine a new player who doesnt watch streams.or even know they exist.

testing all the targets at the moment and there might be a issue with render range.more testing then will report back.


okay i tested this with two people.at 200m cant see targets placed.for many long range shooters this needs to be changed.not sure why its happening but they dont render past two hundred unless you see them first.now on a range that means you will have to get the targets in sight first then go back.which isnt ideal.

Yeah exactly know what you mean which is why suggested TK put link to stream in announcement. I have no idea nor understanding why EW consistently makes a release without instructions nor info but instead says will tell you later. It's like computer programming sometimes. A ceo or vp comes to a developer and says, "we just got a new project with a new client. You go start programming their new app and have ready for Friday while I send someone to schedule a meeting to find out what they want."

Hey Ron and Jambo, I'we just talked to Bill, he wanted me to post this picture here ;)
(I hope it's room for a little joke while we wait for our new targets to render :lol: )

Image
Image
User avatar
J_Birdman
Hunter
Posts: 817
Joined: August 21st, 2015, 11:26 am

Re: Status Update (Will be Thursday this week)

Postby J_Birdman » June 6th, 2018, 4:40 pm

If we must walk within 220m of deployable targets in order to use them, they are a complete flop IMO and I'll be saving my em$ for something that works.
User avatar
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager
Posts: 2257
Joined: May 17th, 2017, 8:51 pm

Re: Status Update (Will be Thursday this week)

Postby TreeKiwi » June 6th, 2018, 6:00 pm

J_Birdman wrote:If we must walk within 220m of deployable targets in order to use them, they are a complete flop IMO and I'll be saving my em$ for something that works.


I will be addressing this tomorrow mate, but it will be getting fixed. Sorry about that.
User avatar
J_Birdman
Hunter
Posts: 817
Joined: August 21st, 2015, 11:26 am

Re: Status Update (Will be Thursday this week)

Postby J_Birdman » June 6th, 2018, 6:09 pm

Excellent to hear, thanks TreeKiwi.
User avatar
JamboWhoDat
Hunter
Posts: 915
Joined: August 26th, 2014, 3:05 pm
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana, USA

Re: Status Update (Will be Thursday this week)

Postby JamboWhoDat » June 6th, 2018, 7:14 pm

Pretty_Boy wrote:[
Hey Ron and Jambo, I'we just talked to Bill, he wanted me to post this picture here ;)
(I hope it's room for a little joke while we wait for our new targets to render :lol: )

Image

Lol...you know Pretty_Boy that makes a lot of sense now for me and gets me one itty bitty step closer to understanding women. My girl is always saying to me "well at least I'm pretty" when she screws up.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: JamboWhoDat and 1 guest