Status Update (Will be Thursday this week)

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
rhapsodaisical
Scout

Re: Status Update (Will be Thursday this week)

Post by rhapsodaisical »

TreeKiwi wrote:
I want a poem :lol: (I do enjoy them :D )

In regards to the Shooting Targets, something I longed for and you guys really delivered and then some! The pricing was shockingly reasonable. An absolute joy and thank you devs so much! This is the bomb!
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

RidgeBack69 wrote:
Tod1d wrote:Which range? I wasn't aware you could even see that far at the ranges. I'm looking for a spot to set some targets up too, and would prefer to just extend a current range.

I'll go check the distances again, but I wasn't able to see 400 & 500m targets, even if I walked up to them & back.
The only one that I found is the rifle range at the field lodge on LP. If you have trouble finding target locations just let me know and I will be glad to help.
Curious to see where you put them. I went to the range, as it's the usual range I used to test ballistics on weapons. I could not find spots for targets over about 140m
There are a few lanes through the trees on the left of the platform (NE) where you can see long distances.

I ended up setting one up on BRR.

With targets at 25, 50, 75, 100, 150, 200, 250, 300, 400, 500, 750, 1000

I can get decent shots out to 400. I can hit the target at 450 but the shot placement is very erratic. No shots registering at 500 & above.

P.S. I can see the targets out to 1000m, so they must have fixed that.

[edit] Spoke too soon. I just started at the tent, and can only see targets out to 200m :(
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
INTIMID883R
Outfitter

Post by INTIMID883R »

Start at your lodge and walk to the tent, you have to bring them all into render before you can see them.
Spoiler:
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

Tod1d wrote:
RidgeBack69 wrote:
Tod1d wrote:Which range? I wasn't aware you could even see that far at the ranges. I'm looking for a spot to set some targets up too, and would prefer to just extend a current range.

I'll go check the distances again, but I wasn't able to see 400 & 500m targets, even if I walked up to them & back.
The only one that I found is the rifle range at the field lodge on LP. If you have trouble finding target locations just let me know and I will be glad to help.
Curious to see where you put them. I went to the range, as it's the usual range I used to test ballistics on weapons. I could not find spots for targets over about 140m
There are a few lanes through the trees on the left of the platform (NE) where you can see long distances.
The lanes through the trees is where i was placing them.

From what I can see it the short testing I have done is the bullet de-spawns at around 500+ meters. so shots longer than that will not work at this time. Unless you are shooting at an extreme angle.
Spoiler:
Granti
Hunter

Post by Granti »

Tod1d wrote:Spoke too soon. I just started at the tent, and can only see targets out to 200m :(
same problem; its possible to walk them back in render (350/did not try longer) but thats pretty useless if you always have to do it when shooting greater distances.
Pretty_Boy
Outfitter

Post by Pretty_Boy »

JamboWhoDat wrote:
ronMctube wrote:
JamboWhoDat wrote:TK I strongly suggest you put a link in the original post to last week's stream about the deployable targets so it will answer all the questions. Otherwise this thread is going to be bombard with post about, "the target's are broke. I can't see where I hit it. The targets don't make a noise at 300m. They are broke etc."

:arrow: Ron and serge the first 15 min of last week's stream explains everything about the deployable targets and why they purposely did what they did to them.
i missed the first bit of the stream. so didnt know about it.also only a small amount of people watch the stream.so many wont know about the items.ideally the information should be available for release.not trying to be funny about it. i dont even know about the items and i played the game for nearly ten years.imagine a new player who doesnt watch streams.or even know they exist.

testing all the targets at the moment and there might be a issue with render range.more testing then will report back.

okay i tested this with two people.at 200m cant see targets placed.for many long range shooters this needs to be changed.not sure why its happening but they dont render past two hundred unless you see them first.now on a range that means you will have to get the targets in sight first then go back.which isnt ideal.
Yeah exactly know what you mean which is why suggested TK put link to stream in announcement. I have no idea nor understanding why EW consistently makes a release without instructions nor info but instead says will tell you later. It's like computer programming sometimes. A ceo or vp comes to a developer and says, "we just got a new project with a new client. You go start programming their new app and have ready for Friday while I send someone to schedule a meeting to find out what they want."
Hey Ron and Jambo, I'we just talked to Bill, he wanted me to post this picture here ;)
(I hope it's room for a little joke while we wait for our new targets to render :lol: )

J_Birdman
Hunter

Post by J_Birdman »

If we must walk within 220m of deployable targets in order to use them, they are a complete flop IMO and I'll be saving my em$ for something that works.
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

J_Birdman wrote:If we must walk within 220m of deployable targets in order to use them, they are a complete flop IMO and I'll be saving my em$ for something that works.
I will be addressing this tomorrow mate, but it will be getting fixed. Sorry about that.
J_Birdman
Hunter

Post by J_Birdman »

Excellent to hear, thanks TreeKiwi.
JamboWhoDat
Hunter

Post by JamboWhoDat »

Pretty_Boy wrote:[
Hey Ron and Jambo, I'we just talked to Bill, he wanted me to post this picture here ;)
(I hope it's room for a little joke while we wait for our new targets to render :lol: )

Lol...you know Pretty_Boy that makes a lot of sense now for me and gets me one itty bitty step closer to understanding women. My girl is always saying to me "well at least I'm pretty" when she screws up.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”