Status Update (Will be Thursday this week)

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Nockedup
Hunter

Re: Status Update (Will be Thursday this week)

Post by Nockedup »

This is funny stuff. Who would have ever thought that there were going to be problems with these new toys? :lol:
Current Season Stats
Spoiler:
Nockedup's Twitch Channel

"Difficult doesn't mean impossible. It simply means that you have to work hard" ~ Theodore Roosevelt
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

Tanngnjostr wrote:Thanks for the heads up, Mat. The deployable targets look nice!

Please don't take this the wrong way: I can absolutely understand the fact that you can't find the time to write a lengthy status update today, even more so since it's a holiday in Sweden tomorrow - but why the heck don't you release the new items on Thursday then? Wouldn't it make sense not to release new stuff without much explanation, just a few hours before the office is empty for almost two days?

Anyway, enjoy your holiday, buddy. Don't get too drunk, you need to become a responsible father now! :P
All good buddy!

It was decided to release them today instead of Thursday, because if something major went wrong, we get a whole extra day to try and rectify anything before the weekend. Many companies do not like to do releases so close to the end of the week for exactly this reason.

Ok let me write something up for everyone. Sorry.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

TreeKiwi wrote:It was decided to release them today instead of Thursday, because if something major went wrong, we get a whole extra day to try and rectify anything before the weekend. Many companies do not like to do releases so close to the end of the week for exactly this reason.
I understand, thanks.

Just watching the stream and everything was explained nicely. :)
Image Image Image
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

RidgeBack69 wrote:
Tod1d wrote:
ronMctube wrote:imagine you got a target at 450m.
You can walk out to 250 to get it to render, but it un-renders again when you get back to 130m. They are only visible out to 320m.
I just finished shooting one of the round targets at 400+ meters.
Horizontal? or from an elevation?
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

Tod1d wrote:
RidgeBack69 wrote:
Tod1d wrote:
You can walk out to 250 to get it to render, but it un-renders again when you get back to 130m. They are only visible out to 320m.
I just finished shooting one of the round targets at 400+ meters.
Pretty much Horizontal. I was on Loggers point shooting from the shooting range out to 430 meters.

Some things that might be interesting too some are that without the shooting mat you still get the hit information on screen (distance and hit score) But scores do not accumulate and you use up ammo. If shooting from one of the shooting ranges you don't use up ammo and you do not get the hit information.
Spoiler:
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

RidgeBack69 wrote:
Tod1d wrote:
RidgeBack69 wrote: I just finished shooting one of the round targets at 400+ meters.
Pretty much Horizontal. I was on Loggers point shooting from the shooting range out to 430 meters.

Some things that might be interesting too some are that without the shooting mat you still get the hit information on screen (distance and hit score) But scores do not accumulate and you use up ammo. If shooting from one of the shooting ranges you don't use up ammo and you do not get the hit information.
Which range? I wasn't aware you could even see that far at the ranges. I'm looking for a spot to set some targets up too, and would prefer to just extend a current range.

I'll go check the distances again, but I wasn't able to see 400 & 500m targets, even if I walked up to them & back.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
muldo
Outfitter

Post by muldo »

Bought a white bundle and a field deployable target, set up on VDB. Rabbit at 100m, Buck at 200m. Bear at 250m and field target at 300m. Great practice and great fun. Great addition to the game. I can pretend to be Hickok .45..... :D
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

Tod1d wrote:
RidgeBack69 wrote:
Tod1d wrote:

Which range? I wasn't aware you could even see that far at the ranges. I'm looking for a spot to set some targets up too, and would prefer to just extend a current range.

I'll go check the distances again, but I wasn't able to see 400 & 500m targets, even if I walked up to them & back.
The only one that I found is the rifle range at the field lodge on LP. If you have trouble finding target locations just let me know and I will be glad to help.
Spoiler:
Schlachtwolf
Hunter

Post by Schlachtwolf »

I made my setup in WRR, black with red outline with bear, deer and rabbit at 200, 250 and at 300m, at 300 also a round target. Fantastic seeing the the ballistics between say the .300 and the .45-70 and the .17 and .22. Really learnt loads today and this will definatly make me a better marksman for sure. Thanks to all at EW for this great addition to the game. You are spoiling us at the moment !!!

Cheers

Schlachtwolf
My opinion may not be right, but it is the one I like most :D

TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

Schlachtwolf wrote:I made my setup in WRR, black with red outline with bear, deer and rabbit at 200, 250 and at 300m, at 300 also a round target. Fantastic seeing the the ballistics between say the .300 and the .45-70 and the .17 and .22. Really learnt loads today and this will definatly make me a better marksman for sure. Thanks to all at EW for this great addition to the game. You are spoiling us at the moment !!!

Cheers

Schlachtwolf
Good to hear!

I want a poem :lol: (I do enjoy them :D )

Cheers!

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”