A message from the team

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
jeff1963
Hunter

Re: A message from the team

Post by jeff1963 »

Mat, here is one of the issues, as late as this morning you state that the bait sites are working as they should be. It feels like you ignore all the chatter no matter where it is posted. I think it has been well established that the bait sites are not working and have not been working since the ERR update. I appreciate the complexities of the development of this sort of application, sorry to be such a pain in the a$$.
Thanks, ~Jeff

TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

jeff1963 wrote:Mat, here is one of the issues, as late as this morning you state that the bait sites are working as they should be. It feels like you ignore all the chatter no matter where it is posted. I think it has been well established that the bait sites are not working and have not been working since the ERR update. I appreciate the complexities of the development of this sort of application, sorry to be such a pain in the a$$.
What we actually asked for is more information as in regards to what is not working about them, I have provided the information of what aspects we have tested and all that appears to be working on our end no problem. So what we need is more specifics as to what parts are not working. Your post here for example goes into no specifics... which is what we are hungry for! If you have some, there are posts open in the bug section where people can place more information, but we have investigated as much as we can with the current information that we have been provided.

Cheers for your message.

TK
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Mat, it seems like bait sites lure some animals into the general area, but not exactly where the bait site is: https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=179&t=87439

My suspicion is that, like with the ropes on Val-des-Bois, the coordinates are off. So while there seems to be a "point of attraction" close to the bait site, maybe it's like 100 meters away from where the bait site actually is on the map?
Image Image Image
INTIMID883R
Outfitter

Post by INTIMID883R »

I posted in the bug report also, but if feed is tied to a coordinates and not to the barrel or feeder, that could be the main problem, since the coordinates are still way off on the map.
Spoiler:
Swampfox
Outfitter

Post by Swampfox »

Thank you Matt and EW for the update and important info on the issues that appear and how they are handled. 8-)
Spoiler:
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

INTIMID883R wrote:I posted in the bug report also, but if feed is tied to a coordinates and not to the barrel or feeder, that could be the main problem, since the coordinates are still way off on the map.
Feed is tied to coordinates of a barrel or a feeder,.. if a barrel or a feeder is not getting the right equations on the terrain map or the terrain map XYZ is off it definitely
will not work properly. This can happen with a feature that requires XYZ coordinates to work correctly and incorrect equation modification was put in the file.

Complaint Section:
Just renewed my membership and the first and only SP game I played on Hemm , After tracking a Male Reindeer could not catch up to fast roaming tracks then they vanished off the hunter mate, the screen went black, lost the present Hunt stats page before ending the game. Nothing like everything working correctly,... so when is all of this getting fixed.
This is not what I call having a good time for paying for a @#ck*& broken game. excuse my French.
iz_da
Scout

Post by iz_da »

gas56 wrote:
INTIMID883R wrote:I posted in the bug report also, but if feed is tied to a coordinates and not to the barrel or feeder, that could be the main problem, since the coordinates are still way off on the map.
Feed is tied to coordinates of a barrel or a feeder,.. if a barrel or a feeder is not getting the right equations on the terrain map or the terrain map XYZ is off it definitely
will not work properly. This can happen with a feature that requires XYZ coordinates to work correctly and incorrect equation modification was put in the file.

Complaint Section:
Just renewed my membership and the first and only SP game I played on Hemm , After tracking a Male Reindeer could not catch up to fast roaming tracks then they vanished off the hunter mate, the screen went black, lost the present Hunt stats page before ending the game. Nothing like everything working correctly,... so when is all of this getting fixed.
This is not what I call having a good time for paying for a @#ck*& broken game. excuse my French.
Some more.
Been out on Hemmeldal the other day as well in a SP game. Spotted a group of Reindeer and called them in. When I was about to shoot, the screen went black and that was that. Session lasted 11 minutes.
Already didn't play between late February and early May and I'm starting to think that I should give this game yet another break.

On a serious note... when will Alena be back?
Spoiler:
Nockedup
Hunter

Post by Nockedup »

Speaking for myself, If you want me to test bait/feeders, you're going to have to provide some bait at no cost to me. I've seen enough of my own baits go to waste. If the XY coordinates being off is the cause of the feeder issue, then the issue is likely going to remain until either the XY coordinates on the maps is returned to normal, (as they were before the ERR update), or everybody would have to go out and remove all of their feeders and then reset them so that the new XY coordinates are recognized. The same thing might have to be done for any other equipment that isn't working correctly.
Current Season Stats
Spoiler:
Nockedup's Twitch Channel

"Difficult doesn't mean impossible. It simply means that you have to work hard" ~ Theodore Roosevelt
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

gas56 wrote: Complaint Section:
Sorry to hear this Gas,

Like mentioned above, such issues are better put into the Bug section of the forum, so our QA can handle them more efficiently. These two (yours and Iz_da's) are the first I have heard of this issue. I am sure we will be checking the crash reports tomorrow morning.
Nockedup wrote:Speaking for myself, If you want me to test bait/feeders, you're going to have to provide some bait at no cost to me. I've seen enough of my own baits go to waste. If the XY coordinates being off is the cause of the feeder issue, then the issue is likely going to remain until either the XY coordinates on the maps is returned to normal, (as they were before the ERR update), or everybody would have to go out and remove all of their feeders and then reset them so that the new XY coordinates are recognized. The same thing might have to be done for any other equipment that isn't working correctly.
Just to be clear, we do not want anyone testing this for us. We are just after clearer information as to what the issues are that people are experiencing, such as the coordinates theory that is going around :)
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Nockedup wrote:... or everybody would have to go out and remove all of their feeders and then reset them so that the new XY coordinates are recognized. The same thing might have to be done for any other equipment that isn't working correctly.
Don't joke like that, you'll bring Pretty Boy out in a cold sweat.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”