A message from the team

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
rhapsodaisical
Scout

Re: A message from the team

Post by rhapsodaisical »

Thanks for the update. I didnt know some posts left such a personal impression on the team. I appreciate all your effort and I understand somethings are difficult. I love the game despite its bugs. But I do applaud this public recognition of what is on your current Radar.

Thanks
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Thanks TreeKiwi, this kind of post are very appreciated, it let us know that you guys are aware and trying your best to fix the thing, please could you tell if the team is already aware of the buged zoom in the shotguns and bows? even if you cant release a fix right now it would be good to know that you already know about that issue because at difference of the bait barrels this bug or glitch its affecting the game play of every one who use that weapons.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Ringalor
Tracker

Post by Ringalor »

Thank you for your work, for me excellent and unique! Some should learn humility and respect. I never liked the raging reviews about a bug or another. Life is not perfect and the games are not perfect either, even if you pay ... Just think of Windows and thousands and thousands of bugs since its inception ... Congratulations for this beautiful and beautiful The Hunter!
MaxVe
Scout

Post by MaxVe »

Actually, several bugs have occurred that i am not going to list because more or less already reported but your message TreeKiwi is of great importance as it testifies to the commitment that you put in trying to solve them, this is important for us players and are certainly we will not miss the desire and the patience to wait and if possible to provide useful information to the staff for the final resolution. Thanks and good job.
said2000

Post by said2000 »

Thank you for this update.
zxryan

Post by zxryan »

I think if it takes much longer to fix game you should just roll back the game to before ERR. Then rerelease ERR after you fix it. And I also think there should be a buyer beware note in the store telling buyers that feeders are broke along with iron sights and tripod stands. I just want to point out I am a new player and spent 100+ this month on this game .And I bought 4 feeders I only got to use them 6 days then ERR patch came out .I bought a full goose spread with Dog and blind and cant use them because iron sights are broke. This wouldn't bother me so much if I had been playing this game for years. But I just bought this stuff and cant use it. How can You continue to sell broke stuff and not warn buyers.
dools24
Tracker

Post by dools24 »

zxryan wrote:I think if it takes much longer to fix game you should just roll back the game to before ERR. Then rerelease ERR after you fix it. And I also think there should be a buyer beware note in the store telling buyers that feeders are broke along with iron sights and tripod stands. I just want to point out I am a new player and spent 100+ this month on this game .And I bought 4 feeders I only got to use them 6 days then ERR patch came out .I bought a full goose spread with Dog and blind and cant use them because iron sights are broke. This wouldn't bother me so much if I had been playing this game for years. But I just bought this stuff and cant use it. How can You continue to sell broke stuff and not warn buyers.
This happens all the time and is why I wont buy membership any more all the years I have played same every year, yes they talk the talk but have heard them say this before and still this keeps happening if cant get game working 100% drop the price sick of paying to play half a game
Sorry EW team but just don't think you will every stop doing this no change in years I been round
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

Generalkommendant wrote:Edit: A little resevation for writing about bugs in the "General chat" though. Sometimes people want to confirm their experience with others and this can also be helpful in ways that others don't have to go make the same "mistake" (e.g. fill up bait).
This is still fine, but as long as it's written correctly and also remember that if it is decided the original issue is a Bug, a proper report needs to be filled out still.
Nockedup wrote:I've watched quite a few of those live streams where the developers are out there playing with new weapons and gear, and to be honest watching them flailing around gives me the impression that they don't do much hunting in the game other than during the live streams.
Ouch... I have nearly 1500hours in the game :lol: ... I best blow the dust off a little then and get some more practice in! Thanks for the feedback
VonStratos wrote:Thanks TreeKiwi, this kind of post are very appreciated, it let us know that you guys are aware and trying your best to fix the thing, please could you tell if the team is already aware of the buged zoom in the shotguns and bows? even if you cant release a fix right now it would be good to know that you already know about that issue because at difference of the bait barrels this bug or glitch its affecting the game play of every one who use that weapons.
Yes the zoom issues are being worked on and should be included in the next patch. The bait barrels we can still not find anything wrong with apart from the actual bait visually missing (being fixed), even though you may not be able to see the bait in the barrel, they are still working.
zxryan wrote:I think if it takes much longer to fix game you should just roll back the game to before ERR. Then rerelease ERR after you fix it. And I also think there should be a buyer beware note in the store telling buyers that feeders are broke along with iron sights and tripod stands. I just want to point out I am a new player and spent 100+ this month on this game .And I bought 4 feeders I only got to use them 6 days then ERR patch came out .I bought a full goose spread with Dog and blind and cant use them because iron sights are broke. This wouldn't bother me so much if I had been playing this game for years. But I just bought this stuff and cant use it. How can You continue to sell broke stuff and not warn buyers.
The game would have to be completely unplayable for us to do something as serious as this, we monitor the community very closely and it looks like most people are enjoying the ERR and any issues are having limited impact on game play.

Welcome to the game and community, you will not have to wait long now until all that equipment is working as intended and we are sorry for the inconvenience. On a side note, your feeders should be working as intended :)
dools24 wrote:This happens all the time and is why I wont buy membership any more all the years I have played same every year, yes they talk the talk but have heard them say this before and still this keeps happening if cant get game working 100% drop the price sick of paying to play half a game
Sorry EW team but just don't think you will every stop doing this no change in years I been round
Everything that I wrote is actually how it works, we are sorry to hear you feel so strongly about the issues. I am not sure what your hunting style is, but you should send me a PM with the issues you are facing so we can try address your concerns, we would love to hear how half your game is unplayable, not something we would like anyone to deal with.

Thanks for all the messages everyone. I know everyone likes clear and honest messaging, I will try my best to keep it happening.

TK
INTIMID883R
Outfitter

Post by INTIMID883R »

The bait barrels we can still not find anything wrong with apart from the actual bait visually missing (being fixed), even though you may not be able to see the bait in the barrel, they are still working.
I don't know what you consider as working, but when bears walk by within 50 M of a barrel and never approach the barrel, I for one do not consider that working. I have 2 barrels on VDB that have been active 4 days. I am sitting and watching one of them as I write this, and only 1 bear has come to the area around the feeder.
So far all he has done is walk around in the woods from 40 to 75 M from the barrel. Sorry bud, but that is not working. Never once has the bear approached the barrel. They are broken.....Period.
Spoiler:
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

INTIMID883R wrote:
The bait barrels we can still not find anything wrong with apart from the actual bait visually missing (being fixed), even though you may not be able to see the bait in the barrel, they are still working.
I don't know what you consider as working, but when bears walk by within 50 M of a barrel and never approach the barrel, I for one do not consider that working. I have 2 barrels on VDB that have been active 4 days. I am sitting and watching one of them as I write this, and only 1 bear has come to the area around the feeder.
So far all he has done is walk around in the woods from 40 to 75 M from the barrel. Sorry bud, but that is not working. Never once has the bear approached the barrel. They are broken.....Period.
Hey Tony,

This is the information we need to do further investigating. Can you please refrain from reporting it here and add it to the bug section instead, all this information is very helpful!

Cheers

Mat

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”