Status Update - 30th May 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
User avatar
L3M182
Outfitter
Posts: 3210
Joined: April 23rd, 2012, 10:23 am
Location: Great Britain

Re: Status Update - 30th May 2018

Postby L3M182 » June 2nd, 2018, 1:13 pm

XxStrong1xX wrote:
TheSheWolf wrote:They made the game playable for guests, and snarking at them about buying is impolite. Hostile. Potentially enough to drive people off the game when the community is so hostile. This is a business, and it isn't your (generic your) place to decide whether people should play the way you want, or not.

When I started, I had no cash and I was a guest. I will never forget how crappy some people tried to make me feel, guilting for not spending money I didn't have. I'd happily found the game searching for free hunting games, and they made me feel -ashamed.- I'm a member now, but if the company itself shared your sorts of attitudes, I certainly wouldn't be. Thankfully, they're more welcoming.

Remember: the more players a game has, the more members/friends it can attract. If the game couldn't survive with guests, they wouldn't have guests. Remember, too: this game advertises as F2P on Steam.

If I were a dev/GM/whatever I'd make it really clear that hostility toward guests/people not paying for memberships, is not welcome. It's not good for the community or for the game.



Amen to this!!!!! :D

I have been playing this game as a free player for nearly as long as anyone here. Due to circumstances beyond my control I was previously unable to spend and sizable amount of money on this game. Now my situation has changed and I have recently dropped somewhere in the range of $100 US on this game and am about to buy 1 year memberships for myself and my companion. From day one on this forum I have been chided and given a hard time for being a free player and frankly I am sick of it. There are some great people on here but unfortunately they seem to be the minority. Like SheWolf said not everyone is able to be a member even if they want to be so don't judge people. Free players can love this game just as much as you people that have hundreds of dollars to spend on this game.



So by your own admission you’ve enjoyed the game for free for longer than most of us have been playing and paying. And yet you still feel you have a right to complain about something. The game isn’t free it costs. In development and in maintenance. It’s the paying customers that are still footing the bill.

Image
User avatar
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter
Posts: 4180
Joined: May 2nd, 2015, 10:57 am

Re: Status Update - 30th May 2018

Postby InstinctiveArcher » June 2nd, 2018, 1:19 pm

Congrats on the new baby TK. Hope everything goes well for you :)
Image

So long as the new moon returns in heaven a bent, beautiful bow, so long will the fascination of archery keep hold of the hearts of men. - Maurice Thompson
User avatar
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter
Posts: 6922
Joined: September 10th, 2013, 8:30 pm
Location: Missouri, USA

Re: Status Update - 30th May 2018

Postby Fletchette » June 2nd, 2018, 1:22 pm

XxStrong1xX wrote:I have been playing this game as a free player for nearly as long as anyone here. Due to circumstances beyond my control I was previously unable to spend and sizable amount of money on this game. Now my situation has changed and I have recently dropped somewhere in the range of $100 US on this game and am about to buy 1 year memberships for myself and my companion. From day one on this forum I have been chided and given a hard time for being a free player and frankly I am sick of it. There are some great people on here but unfortunately they seem to be the minority. Like SheWolf said not everyone is able to be a member even if they want to be so don't judge people. Free players can love this game just as much as you people that have hundreds of dollars to spend on this game.

Complete nonsense....You've only been on this forum (using this account) for about 3 months. 15 posts, and a handful of replies to you. And looking at your posts, the only time anyone has said anything to you about being a free-player is when YOU either started complaining about how other people host their games, or bitchin' about the Devs, saying thinks like this:
XxStrong1xX wrote:... on a company that lies and constantly screws things up.

Point being, that any "chiding" you've received has been response to things YOU'VE said, and the tone of how you said it. You brought it on yourself.
Personal Bests...
Image
Image
User avatar
TheSheWolf
Hunter
Posts: 685
Joined: April 28th, 2010, 9:48 am

Re: Status Update - 30th May 2018

Postby TheSheWolf » June 2nd, 2018, 4:34 pm

L3M182 wrote:

So by your own admission you’ve enjoyed the game for free for longer than most of us have been playing and paying. And yet you still feel you have a right to complain about something. The game isn’t free it costs. In development and in maintenance. It’s the paying customers that are still footing the bill.


Nah, I've been a member for a long time. It isn't paying customers "footing the bill" for members, either. We pay our -own- accounts. Guests are free players, in a F2P game.
User avatar
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter
Posts: 5113
Joined: December 25th, 2013, 11:07 am
Location: 1 mile South of the Cheddar Curtain

Re: Status Update - 30th May 2018

Postby stancomputerhunter » June 2nd, 2018, 5:09 pm

Economics 101. Businesses stay in business by generating revenue, and then producing a product that costs less than the revenue received. The revenue is used to pay the costs of doing business, including payroll, insurance, R&D, maintenance, and many other costs. What's left over is gross profit. EW has chosen to try to attract new customers by offering a free sample of their product, and that cost is deducted right off the top of gross profit. Even though "guests" aren't paying, EW still has to pay..server costs, etc., for everyone. Not just members. It's their choice to do it. Obviously they think the long term benefit to them outweighs the short term cost. Guests, with a few exceptions, don't generate revenue. Typically, they use members equipment, etc. Thus, the gross profit produced by revenue is helping to support "guests", and the only place revenue comes from, in enough quantity to sustain the game, is members. So, yes members are funding the F2P folks.


Image Rares: 81 NTs: 25
User avatar
L3M182
Outfitter
Posts: 3210
Joined: April 23rd, 2012, 10:23 am
Location: Great Britain

Re: Status Update - 30th May 2018

Postby L3M182 » June 2nd, 2018, 6:10 pm

I have no issue with guests. I think it’s a very good way off giving players a taster of what is as we can all agree a very neiche game. However I think you’ve had a fair “taste” of what’s on offer after a month max. Playing the game daily for months on end without spending a penny isn’t gonna benefit the game at all. It’s totally one sided. And everyone involved knows what’s going on by this point.

Image
User avatar
Generalkommendant
Hunter
Posts: 881
Joined: March 30th, 2017, 2:07 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: Status Update - 30th May 2018

Postby Generalkommendant » June 2nd, 2018, 6:52 pm

The choice from EW's side to advertise it as "F2P" was a smart move in me and my friends case at least.
We were fed up with CS:GO and were scrolling the list in Steams category of F2P games. The hunter showed up in the list. Caught our attention. And now some 18 months later I've spent appr. 600 Eur on this game and my friend maybe 300 Eur.
Call it what you want but it certainly works in some cases and that's enough for me.
Guests can be guests for as long as they like as long as some of them make the same path as we did. Imo.
User avatar
gas56
Outfitter
Posts: 4139
Joined: April 4th, 2014, 12:51 pm

Re: Status Update - 30th May 2018

Postby gas56 » June 2nd, 2018, 7:31 pm

XxStrong1xX wrote:Amen to this!!!!! :D
I have been playing this game as a free player for nearly as long as anyone here. Due to circumstances beyond my control I was previously unable to spend and sizable amount of money on this game. Now my situation has changed and I have recently dropped somewhere in the range of $100 US on this game and am about to buy 1 year memberships for myself and my companion. From day one on this forum I have been chided and given a hard time for being a free player and frankly I am sick of it. There are some great people on here but unfortunately they seem to be the minority. Like SheWolf said not everyone is able to be a member even if they want to be so don't judge people. Free players can love this game just as much as you people that have hundreds of dollars to spend on this game.


Got a question for you but it has nothing to do with the post. Is your icon a skunk tail?

I'm a guest player right now myself,.. well just only for a couple of days. But I played the Willow Ptarmigan Comp and found myself very uninterested after 1 hunt even being in 3rd place for awhile.
Not really in sync for the new render range and shooting Ptarmigans which I don't find to be a great feature anyways but hardly anything to do with shooting upland birds at 300 Meters
for a competition. Shooting coyotes at 300 meters would have been more of a challenge and right on time IMO............. ;)
But what I also wanted to tell you is that this game is supported by players who pay,... and if we were all guest players there would be no game. PERIOD.
So be thankful for the players who pay and support the game and ongoing progress features & maps. They are the back-bone of the members support
which keeps this game going,....... No one else supports the game like they do.
And what game would you be playing if there was no member support?
So does it really matter why anyone that plays as a F2P member? when you should be thanking players who keep this game running.
Maybe you don't see it that way but it is just a fact of how it really works.
Some players are really protective of the game they have invested their money in and cannot take any negative opinions towards it when
somebody that doesn't support it complains about their opinions.
Everyone has an opinion but it doesn't always need to be responded back at to instigate more conflicts of interest in the hunter game forums.
Enjoy the game as you like to and the best thing you can do is have some fun hunting.
User avatar
RudiRR
Tracker
Posts: 198
Joined: July 24th, 2016, 12:08 pm

Re: Status Update - 30th May 2018

Postby RudiRR » June 3rd, 2018, 5:28 am

DYEUZ wrote:...Or shows , that majority of the community , have low standards and are excited and happy about pretty much anything and everything .
Having the guess put up equipment is a real plus for ,my friends and I .Big thumbs up for that achievement !
Render distance being longer ,i really don't mind or care .
But having all this with the issues we now have , is a big fail for me . Thats why i'm not on that list of happy players . Have higher standards or hopes than other certainly , which is needed to balance everything .

I agree with DYEUZ.
sorry for my English but I start learning.Image
Spoiler:
[signature=]RudiRR[/signature]
User avatar
DYEUZ
Outfitter
Posts: 3857
Joined: October 11th, 2013, 3:36 pm
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Re: Status Update - 30th May 2018

Postby DYEUZ » June 3rd, 2018, 8:37 am

stancomputerhunter wrote: So, yes members are funding the F2P folks.

...and tyvm to all the members , that host community comps . Because of their generosity, their passion and constant devotion to this game, they keep the people interested , they keep the people happy , they keep buying codes to pay their winners . Does EW acknowledged this ? Are they great full ?
Never seen a game community do that ever, supporting this game like they do .
Hats off to you guys ,David,Marc,Tod,BCKidd,Ridgeback,Softshoe,Kevin,Pittie,Jack,! ( if i left out any other guys, i'm sorry . Consider yourself included )

tyvm

ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Stealthhunter and 1 guest