1Al
Hunter

Re: Status Update - 30th May 2018

Post by 1Al »

Schlachtwolf wrote:There once was a man from downunder,
To the left and a little bit further,
But don't make him cross,
For he is the boss,
And will tear displaced posts all asunder.....

Now what was the gripe all about,
To sit in the corner and pout,
A birdie got switched,
The update was glitched,
Causing an massive big fallout....

Well all things in life have a meaning,
Some good and some bad some just dreaming,
But one things for sure,
This game is fun pure,
so be happy and stop all this screaming...
This game was really fun and immersive. When I started playing it in February 2017 it worked like a charm. but I already knew it, cause I tried it before. Now it's become basically unplayable, just issues, crashes and bugs everywhere. Each update is a new total mess. I wonder, why?
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

Fletchette wrote: Virtue signalling is epidemic these days.
Yuck, don't associate me with PC bull :lol:
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

hi and welcome Ann-Charlotte . cheers for the status update. the road ahead kiwi is a great one. birth of a child is the best feeling on this earth.wish both of you the best ;)
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

stancomputerhunter wrote:
TheSheWolf wrote:
stancomputerhunter wrote:
If he buys a membership, there is no need to worry about what's on the free rotation. That was my point. Very much related.
It's not your (or anyone else's) place to try to guilt/shame others into buying things they possibly cannot afford. If the game is designed to be friendly to guest players, you need to respect that. If there is an announced free rotation, and it was wrong and someone's upset, that's perfectly allowed. These "go buy a membership" comments are always sad to see. I was trying to say it in a joking way but: there you have it, plain and clear. I don't dislike you by any means but these sorts of comments need to be checked rather than spread further. It drives people away.
You, TheSheWolf, are entitled to your opinion, as is the OP, and believe it or not, so am I. I disagree with you, and so I guess we just have to disagree. Perhaps I shouldn't have added the words, "do it" after Good. The OP is free to take my suggestion or not. I have no influence. Just like I won't take your suggestion that these sort of comments need to be checked. Subscribe to my posts and check them, every day if you want to. It doesn't matter to me. That was sarcasm, I know what you mean by "checked". I'm sorry but I'm just not in to the thought police prevalent today.

i tend to agree with stan. the hunter is a business and like any business it will only continue if it makes money. thehunter will have a figure it needs to hit if its not hitting it will find a way to hit or go under. for example charging £5 per new weapon. now if everyone who enjoys this game chipped in i could see either the prices coming down or the future development and features could be faster and better

so from that way of thinking can you see how people like me and possibly stan kind of dont really care if someone got a bit of wrong info about whats piece of content funded by members is free this week?.

bit blunt i know and im sorry, i just think dropping snide comments about what youre getting for free and how it could be better is laughable
Schlachtwolf
Hunter

Post by Schlachtwolf »

"bit blunt i know and im sorry, i just think dropping snide comments about what youre getting for free and how it could be better is laughable"

I agree with you completly never atruer word written here.... 8-)
My opinion may not be right, but it is the one I like most :D

gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Schlachtwolf wrote:There once was a man from downunder,
To the left and a little bit further,
But don't make him cross,
For he is the boss,
And will tear displaced posts all asunder.....

Now what was the gripe all about,
To sit in the corner and pout,
A birdie got switched,
The update was glitched,
Causing an massive big fallout....

Well all things in life have a meaning,
Some good and some bad some just dreaming,
But one things for sure,
This game is fun pure,
so be happy and stop all this screaming...
Please,... don't quit your day job.................... :lol:
Pittie
Hunter

Post by Pittie »

It's very good that so many Players are happy with the new Features. This shows EW is on the right way.
Personally I do not feel the big hype, because I'm not the big fan of distance shots. I still wait for new MP game modies like guilds and especially team competitions.
That would give the very hype like a new game. :)
Regards Pittie
Sorry for my english

TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

They made the game playable for guests, and snarking at them about buying is impolite. Hostile. Potentially enough to drive people off the game when the community is so hostile. This is a business, and it isn't your (generic your) place to decide whether people should play the way you want, or not.

When I started, I had no cash and I was a guest. I will never forget how crappy some people tried to make me feel, guilting for not spending money I didn't have. I'd happily found the game searching for free hunting games, and they made me feel -ashamed.- I'm a member now, but if the company itself shared your sorts of attitudes, I certainly wouldn't be. Thankfully, they're more welcoming.

Remember: the more players a game has, the more members/friends it can attract. If the game couldn't survive with guests, they wouldn't have guests. Remember, too: this game advertises as F2P on Steam.

If I were a dev/GM/whatever I'd make it really clear that hostility toward guests/people not paying for memberships, is not welcome. It's not good for the community or for the game.
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Pittie wrote:It's very good that so many Players are happy with the new Features. This shows EW is on the right way.
Personally I do not feel the big hype, because I'm not the big fan of distance shots. I still wait for new MP game modies like guilds and especially team competitions.
That would give the very hype like a new game. :)
...Or shows , that majority of the community , have low standards and are excited and happy about pretty much anything and everything .
Having the guests put up equipment is a real plus for ,my friends and I .Big thumbs up for that achievement !
Render distance being longer ,i really don't mind or care .
But having all this with the issues we now have , is a big fail for me . Thats why i'm not on that list of happy players . Have higher standards or hopes than other certainly , which is needed to balance everything .
Last edited by DYEUZ on June 3rd, 2018, 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

XxStrong1xX
Outfitter

Post by XxStrong1xX »

TheSheWolf wrote:They made the game playable for guests, and snarking at them about buying is impolite. Hostile. Potentially enough to drive people off the game when the community is so hostile. This is a business, and it isn't your (generic your) place to decide whether people should play the way you want, or not.

When I started, I had no cash and I was a guest. I will never forget how crappy some people tried to make me feel, guilting for not spending money I didn't have. I'd happily found the game searching for free hunting games, and they made me feel -ashamed.- I'm a member now, but if the company itself shared your sorts of attitudes, I certainly wouldn't be. Thankfully, they're more welcoming.

Remember: the more players a game has, the more members/friends it can attract. If the game couldn't survive with guests, they wouldn't have guests. Remember, too: this game advertises as F2P on Steam.

If I were a dev/GM/whatever I'd make it really clear that hostility toward guests/people not paying for memberships, is not welcome. It's not good for the community or for the game.

Amen to this!!!!! :D

I have been playing this game as a free player for nearly as long as anyone here. Due to circumstances beyond my control I was previously unable to spend and sizable amount of money on this game. Now my situation has changed and I have recently dropped somewhere in the range of $100 US on this game and am about to buy 1 year memberships for myself and my companion. From day one on this forum I have been chided and given a hard time for being a free player and frankly I am sick of it. There are some great people on here but unfortunately they seem to be the minority. Like SheWolf said not everyone is able to be a member even if they want to be so don't judge people. Free players can love this game just as much as you people that have hundreds of dollars to spend on this game.

Playing off and on since 2010. My original forum profile https://forum.thehunter.com/memberlist. ... le&u=13071

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”