Game Update - 23rd May 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
User avatar
Generalkommendant
Hunter
Posts: 881
Joined: March 30th, 2017, 2:07 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: Game Update - 23rd May 2018

Postby Generalkommendant » May 23rd, 2018, 11:31 am

stancomputerhunter wrote:1. The new spotting scope and the new rifle scope are not in the store for me. What can I do about it?
2. With the new deployables; what if someone already has 15 TS on his/her reserve. Another person can still use a TS they bring, or does the reserve still only allow 15? (the same question for all other deployable equiment)
3. If the answer is yes, will hosts have to remove 4 or 5 TS, or other equipment, to allow 4 or 5 friends to bring their own?
4. I got the update and the patch 2 hours ago. Why did it take until 5 minutes ago for this Game Update to be posted. Should it not have been posted immediately this morning, in Sweden?


I can answer question #1:
I had the same problem, cleared the launcher and game cache AND restarted the game and there they were.
#4. Same here. The game update got posted on steam though. The main forum didn't work at all for me. Was down. Can't see the new items being announced on the main page in the launcher as of yet either but they are in the store.
Bought the spotting scope and 2 rifles scopes immediately.
Last edited by Generalkommendant on May 23rd, 2018, 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
caledonianblues
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9227
Joined: September 27th, 2012, 11:01 pm
Location: Stockholm, Sweden

Re: Game Update - 23rd May 2018

Postby caledonianblues » May 23rd, 2018, 11:32 am

Blind Mole wrote:can we hear voice clues of animals over 220m now? or just visual range rendering added?

Welcome back stranger! TreeKiwi said in the game update that animals will not call outside of the old render distance. So there will be no audio clues from beyond 220m, from what I understand.
UHC Apps | UHC Stats | My PC Specs
Host your own competition, or get your geek on with stats.
User avatar
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter
Posts: 5113
Joined: December 25th, 2013, 11:07 am
Location: 1 mile South of the Cheddar Curtain

Re: Game Update - 23rd May 2018

Postby stancomputerhunter » May 23rd, 2018, 11:34 am

caledonianblues wrote:
stancomputerhunter wrote:2. With the new deployables; what if someone already has 15 TS on his/her reserve. Another person can still use a TS they bring, or does the reserve still only allow 15? (the same question for all other deployable equiment)
3. If the answer is yes, will hosts have to remove 4 or 5 TS, or other equipment, to allow 4 or 5 friends to bring their own?
4. I got the update and the patch 2 hours ago. Why did it take until 5 minutes ago for this Game Update to be posted. Should it not have been posted immediately this morning, in Sweden?

Not official answers Stan but I would guess:

2. The limits remain the same and if you've already reached those limits as host, the guests will not be able to place deployable items.
3. I would guess yes, based on the above.
4. The forum was down completely today so I'm pretty sure that's why nothing was posted. I think it only came back up in the last 30-40 minutes.


Thanks, David...as to #4, the web site was not down. I'm referring to the post on the Latest News section of the Main Web Page. I understand the reason for the "discussion" not being open until very recently.

I'm thinking your answer to #3 will put a damper on some MP games. What do you think?


Image Rares: 81 NTs: 24
User avatar
outrider
Champion Hunter
Posts: 13698
Joined: November 27th, 2008, 1:46 pm
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Re: Game Update - 23rd May 2018

Postby outrider » May 23rd, 2018, 11:35 am

where the new 'optics' at ?....... :?:


UPDATE:..found them,.......never mind....... :D
Last edited by outrider on May 23rd, 2018, 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

Image
User avatar
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager
Posts: 2253
Joined: May 17th, 2017, 8:51 pm

Re: Game Update - 23rd May 2018

Postby TreeKiwi » May 23rd, 2018, 11:37 am

stancomputerhunter wrote:1. The new spotting scope and the new rifle scope are not in the store for me. What can I do about it?
2. With the new deployables; what if someone already has 15 TS on his/her reserve. Another person can still use a TS they bring, or does the reserve still only allow 15? (the same question for all other deployable equiment)
3. If the answer is yes, will hosts have to remove 4 or 5 TS, or other equipment, to allow 4 or 5 friends to bring their own?
4. I got the update and the patch 2 hours ago. Why did it take until 5 minutes ago for this Game Update to be posted. Should it not have been posted immediately this morning, in Sweden?


Hey Stan,

1, Try clearing your launcher Cache, this should help make them pop up. I know sometimes there is a delay for people who's launcher is not set to English, but I am guessing this is not your issue.
2, Will check for you, but I believe if the limits are reached, it should not be possible.
4, We had a few issues here (Including a power outage), details went up on Steam and social media. Then everything went a little pear shaped. If I could have gotten them up at the same time, I would have :D It has been driving me crazy today! Sorry.

beau_76 wrote:I have two question 1 I do not see new equipment in store?
2 if you have two huters in a mp if one is set on high and one on medium how does that work?


Hey Beu,

1, Check the Answer above for Stan, try change the language in the launcher.
2, The person on medium settings will only be able to see 270m and the person on the high settings will be able to see the full 320m.

TK
User avatar
jeff1963
Hunter
Posts: 936
Joined: November 8th, 2012, 12:47 am
Location: Washington State.

Re: Game Update - 23rd May 2018

Postby jeff1963 » May 23rd, 2018, 11:45 am

Nice, I got the record for long ranger on Red Kangaroo, that will last for about 5 minutes ;-) I am not too high on the new LR scope, I would prefer a more conventional mil dot reticle rather then the very loud and busy illuminated version. But the updated render range is great.
Thanks, ~Jeff

User avatar
fantamichele
Scout
Posts: 486
Joined: July 2nd, 2014, 11:02 am
Location: Italy - Umbria

Re: Game Update - 23rd May 2018

Postby fantamichele » May 23rd, 2018, 11:51 am

I do not use the spotting scope, the current rangefinder binoculars work very well.
The animals are seen well with the binoculars, I have not tried with rabbits or foxes, for those I think it will take a new binoculars with rangefinder, why not put the same binoculars that there is in COTW?
I tried the spyglass with the 8 x 57 rifle, it works very well and there is excellent visibility.
Good job ;)

Image
User avatar
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter
Posts: 5113
Joined: December 25th, 2013, 11:07 am
Location: 1 mile South of the Cheddar Curtain

Re: Game Update - 23rd May 2018

Postby stancomputerhunter » May 23rd, 2018, 11:53 am

fantamichele wrote:I do not use the spotting scope, the current rangefinder binoculars work very well.
The animals are seen well with the binoculars, I have not tried with rabbits or foxes, for those I think it will take a new binoculars with rangefinder, why not put the same binoculars that there is in COTW?
I tried the spyglass with the 8 x 57 rifle, it works very well and there is excellent visibility.
Good job ;)


Now maybe..I doubt it..I can see a flying turkey at >60m without a scope. :roll:


Image Rares: 81 NTs: 24
User avatar
INTIMID883R
Outfitter
Posts: 1973
Joined: September 13th, 2012, 2:50 pm
Location: Ft Worth

Re: Game Update - 23rd May 2018

Postby INTIMID883R » May 23rd, 2018, 11:54 am

T K I would like to know why players in MP still go out of render at the same distance they always have? And when that will be fixed? Also noticed that my feeder coordinates seem to have changed, and really don't understand that either.
Last edited by INTIMID883R on May 23rd, 2018, 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
User avatar
fantamichele
Scout
Posts: 486
Joined: July 2nd, 2014, 11:02 am
Location: Italy - Umbria

Re: Game Update - 23rd May 2018

Postby fantamichele » May 23rd, 2018, 11:55 am

stancomputerhunter wrote:
fantamichele wrote:I do not use the spotting scope, the current rangefinder binoculars work very well.
The animals are seen well with the binoculars, I have not tried with rabbits or foxes, for those I think it will take a new binoculars with rangefinder, why not put the same binoculars that there is in COTW?
I tried the spyglass with the 8 x 57 rifle, it works very well and there is excellent visibility.
Good job ;)


Now maybe..I doubt it..I can see a flying turkey at >60m without a scope. :roll:


For that you need a miracle :D

Image

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: grancazador, lisarob, Majestic-12 [Bot], MaxVe, Treedweller and 1 guest