Game Update - 23rd May 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
mapache01
Outfitter

Re: Game Update - 23rd May 2018

Post by mapache01 »

fantamichele wrote:The zero distance remains the same, you have to compensate by aiming higher
Thanks notice now, so we have to figure where the mils of the reticle
aussieshooter
Spotter

Post by aussieshooter »

From a very brief hunt in BRR, it appears that there is significant wobble when using the Eagle 1 and using a tower.

I was under the impression that when in a tower, that the movement was severely reduced. Of course, my understanding could be wrong :)

All around a great job EW. 2 thumbs up.
Rugged_Randy
Tracker

Post by Rugged_Randy »

Everything seems to work fine to me, new scope is great. Only thing that was disappointing, was to see how weak is Anschütz 9.3x62 beyond 220 meters. I shot several moose's from distances 270-310 meters, and it barely broke the skin of the moose. Also had to aim well over the moose's back to hit somewhere close it's heart/lungs area. Tested .300 at same distances and it hit almost spot where I aimed and dropped a moose like it was 150m away. Doesn't feel realistic considering what the performance of 9.3x62 ammo is for real.
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Post by Generalkommendant »

Rugged_Randy wrote:Everything seems to work fine to me, new scope is great. Only thing that was disappointing, was to see how weak is Anschütz 9.3x62 beyond 220 meters. I shot several moose's from distances 270-310 meters, and it barely broke the skin of the moose. Also had to aim well over the moose's back to hit somewhere close it's heart/lungs area. Tested .300 at same distances and it hit almost spot where I aimed and dropped a moose like it was 150m away. Doesn't feel realistic considering what the performance of 9.3x62 ammo is for real.
I knew this was going to pop up sooner or later. Forgive me for being a jerk but that's why the .300 has always been the better choice. Even before the new "ERR", this was very noticable at longer ranges.

There's one thing I have encountered with the new rifle scope though. It is that the hit can be more left or right than assumed it would. I guess it's not an issue. Just that I'm not used to see this before.
Rugged_Randy
Tracker

Post by Rugged_Randy »

Generalkommendant wrote:
Rugged_Randy wrote:Everything seems to work fine to me, new scope is great. Only thing that was disappointing, was to see how weak is Anschütz 9.3x62 beyond 220 meters. I shot several moose's from distances 270-310 meters, and it barely broke the skin of the moose. Also had to aim well over the moose's back to hit somewhere close it's heart/lungs area. Tested .300 at same distances and it hit almost spot where I aimed and dropped a moose like it was 150m away. Doesn't feel realistic considering what the performance of 9.3x62 ammo is for real.
I knew this was going to pop up sooner or later. Forgive me for being a jerk but that's why the .300 has always been the better choice. Even before the new "ERR", this was very noticable at longer ranges.

There's one thing I have encountered with the new rifle scope though. It is that the hit can be more left or right than assumed it would. I guess it's not an issue. Just that I'm not used to see this before.
Yes .300 is good ammo and it's perfomance is modelled in this game pretty well. My point wasn't that .300 is unrealisticly powerful, but that 9.3x62 is modelled too weak. It should have enough punch to do a little more than just puncture skin from 300 meters away.
Eva999
Spotter

Post by Eva999 »

rhapsodaisical wrote:I can confirm climbing gear being gone but still marked on map as well
Guess I'll have to move my tent until it's fixed. That said, I have waited SO long for deployable gear in MP. I can tolerate having to move a tent for the short term.
My personal feeling is the 9.3 has been nerfed. As things currently stand, the .30R is way better, the 9.3x74 O/U better still. Now if only they would give the new 9.3 the old 9.3's report sound...
VonStratos wrote:But they kind of opened a Pandora's box with this, now we know they can made things work...and i am still hoping for an avatar able to jump and swim. Make it so EW now we know you can do it. :D
Not many hunters go swimming on the hunt, and bunny hopping is more for first-person shooters. Lots of hunters use boats and horses, though...hint, hint.
JamboWhoDat
Hunter

Post by JamboWhoDat »

Rugged_Randy wrote:
Generalkommendant wrote:

Yes .300 is good ammo and it's perfomance is modelled in this game pretty well. My point wasn't that .300 is unrealisticly powerful, but that 9.3x62 is modelled too weak. It should have enough punch to do a little more than just puncture skin from 300 meters away.
The .300 is a magnum round, so I don't feel it is unrealistic. The 9.3x62 is made with a custom load that is weaker than a standard 9.3x62. The details are in the store description and store images. After all in real life one wouldn't use a standard 9.3x62 for deer hunting. That would be overkill and damage too much of the meat.
Eva999
Spotter

Post by Eva999 »

TreeKiwi wrote:
INTIMID883R wrote:TK it is not a feeder issue, but a coordinance issue, like the map has been stretched or something.

My old bear barrel on VDB the coordinance for it's location is way the hell out in the woods from where it was.
Ok thanks mate, but the feeder is actually in the correct location still?
I can confirm that my hunting tower and bear barrel in VdB are where they should be in terms of physical location, and where they show on the map. I didn't think to check the coordinates that show on the map at those locations. All my climbing gear is now invisible and inaccessible, however, even though it still shows on the map.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

I sent a bug report on the climbing gear, yesterday.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Eva999
Spotter

Post by Eva999 »

JamboWhoDat wrote:After all in real life one wouldn't use a standard 9.3x62 for deer hunting. That would be overkill and damage too much of the meat.
Not necessarily. It's not a magnum round; its velocity is only around 700-800 m/s. It fires a heavy bullet of high sectional density, but at a fairly moderate velocity (for a bottleneck round); it is speed, not bullet weight, that makes hamburger out of shoulder meat. Also, the heavier bullets for the 9.3 usually have thick, slow-opening jackets that would actually limit expansion on lighter game, further reducing meat damage. I'll take a deer shot by a 9.3 over one taken with a .220 Swift.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”