Game Update - 23rd May 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
greylaghunter
Scout

Re: Game Update - 23rd May 2018

Post by greylaghunter »

after the update there seems to be a lot of wobble with the shooting tripod rest
JamboWhoDat
Hunter

Post by JamboWhoDat »

greylaghunter wrote:after the update there seems to be a lot of wobble with the shooting tripod rest
Just giving a refresh cuz sometimes I forget. The steadiness of the shooting tripod is still dependent on your gun skill. Sometimes when using it I forget I'm using a rifle I normally don't use that has a very low skill level. To see if it is working properly take a rifle with the lowest skill and raise it while crouched but not holding the mouse and not using the shooting rest. Then repeat the process using the shooting rest and still not holding the mouse. It won't be dead steady, but should see a signaficant difference in the wobble. If not then looks like it's broke too with this update.

Looks like the towers are wobbly again too after this update.
https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.p ... 24#p938624
Last edited by JamboWhoDat on May 24th, 2018, 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
abslayer
Master Competitor

Post by abslayer »

Great update Been waiting sence 2009 LOL
O on The .300 magnum round ,in real life this is one knock them on there a-- gun as it is in the game RIGHT on
One thing it also bites on both ends ;) , shoot a few rounds and your shoulder will hurt.
Nockedup
Hunter

Post by Nockedup »

Yeah, great update. After this update and having to clear the game and launcher caches just to see the new items in the store, I can no longer manually add bait to any of my Bear bait barrels while out in the field. The barrel in this screenshot shows me that the barrel is empty, (no corn showing in the bottom window), even though there are 26 units in it. The bears weren't coming around and now it's no wonder to me. Please fix this ASAP.
Current Season Stats
Spoiler:
Nockedup's Twitch Channel

"Difficult doesn't mean impossible. It simply means that you have to work hard" ~ Theodore Roosevelt
rhapsodaisical
Scout

Post by rhapsodaisical »

stancomputerhunter wrote:I sent a bug report on the climbing gear, yesterday.
keep us posted? I'll refrain of doing one myself :)
Schlachtwolf
Hunter

Post by Schlachtwolf »

Nothing showing up or in my goat feeder bait pots either..... now i actually have to "hunt" goats... darn :evil:
My opinion may not be right, but it is the one I like most :D

Eva999
Spotter

Post by Eva999 »

In all likelihood EW will find a way to compensate players for the inconvenience caused by the bugs, perhaps in the form of a stockpile of bait, free replacement gear, etc. They've done so before (I still have most of the pig bait left).

I don't like bugs either, but players should remember EW is actually quite a small outfit that doesn't have the resources available to companies like Ubisoft. And when was the last time Ubisoft compensated you for buggy software? :lol:

TheHunter has always been a labour of love by people who are more artisans than big-business drones, and its target audience has always been the relative handful of people who appreciate such things and are willing to accept the little quirks that go with it.
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Post by Generalkommendant »

Schlachtwolf wrote:Nothing showing up or in my goat feeder bait pots either..... now i actually have to "hunt" goats... darn :evil:
Yep... It has kept me from filling my 4 "salties" up... All this writing about them not working. Was keen on hunting some bears as well from the feeders but that'll have to wait too.

This comp, the "Eagle Eye - The Perfect Shot", has only to do with the luck of finding a descent goat. Not so much of the scores of the bison or the coyote. They should've picked a better trio in my mind.

And about the new rifle scope; what in the world does the 7x64mm do on the list? Makes me laugh every time I see it there. It can be there, absolutely, but not for the sake of it being considered "a high velocity long range shooter" as stated to be the requirement for making to the list.

However. When all the bugs are sorted, heck even at this stage, it's still the best update I've ever seen for sure.
TurboKid
Tracker

Post by TurboKid »

Generalkommendant wrote:
Schlachtwolf wrote:Nothing showing up or in my goat feeder bait pots either..... now i actually have to "hunt" goats... darn :evil:
Yep... It has kept me from filling my 4 "salties" up... All this writing about them not working. Was keen on hunting some bears as well from the feeders but that'll have to wait too.

Same here tried some baiting in VDB plenty of issues :( and lost some bait on the sites that did allow.
Treedweller
Tracker

Post by Treedweller »

Known Issues:
New spotting scope currently not providing spotting info beyond 240m. This fix is schedule to be patched in the next update.

It's not just the new spotting scope. I couldn't spot any bisons at 220+ meters in perfect view with the 16x spotting scope.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”