Game Update - 23rd May 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
TurboKid
Tracker

Re: Game Update - 23rd May 2018

Post by TurboKid »

Treedweller wrote:
Known Issues:
New spotting scope currently not providing spotting info beyond 240m. This fix is schedule to be patched in the next update.

It's not just the new spotting scope. I couldn't spot any bisons at 220+ meters in perfect view with the 16x spotting scope.

I believe thats intentional The OLD scope if i recall will only work up to 220 IRRC. And the new one they said was bugged when they released it

Known Issues:

New spotting scope currently not providing spotting info beyond 240m. This fix is schedule to be patched in the next update.
http://news.thehunter.com/game-update-165/
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Regarding the spotting beyond 240 meters: I think that's nothing to do with equipment, you just can't spot animals from further out at the moment, but it's supposed to be fixed. Once it's working, I don't think that the old spotting scope does generally not work beyond 240 meters, it probably depends on the size of the animal. I can spot a moose from 180 meters with bare eyes, but need a scope or binos for a roe deer from 180 meters. Similarly, I will probably be able to spot a moose from 300 meters with the "old" 16x spotting scope, but I'll have to use the new spotting scope for a smaller animal from the same distance.
Image Image Image
Nexis981
Tracker

Post by Nexis981 »

How far (how many meters) is the new Render Distance? Have i overseen this information?
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Nexis981 wrote:How far (how many meters) is the new Render Distance? Have i overseen this information?
Depends on your graphics settings. If you're playing on "low" scene complexity, it's unchanged (220 meters). On "medium" it's 270 meters and on "high" and "very high" it's 320 meters.
Image Image Image
beau_76
Scout

Post by beau_76 »

Hi, if you on a mp map and not the host if you place a Shooting Tripod Rest can only you use it or cam anyone?
thanks
whiteonyx
Scout

Post by whiteonyx »

Thanks for the updates, great stuff EW ;) keep up the good work
Hunting is living
Pittie
Hunter

Post by Pittie »

After the update the preview of the threads (mouse over the thread title) in the Forum does not work anymore. :(
Regards Pittie
Sorry for my english

Muglug
Scout

Post by Muglug »

So....(Depends on your game settings) get ready to spend more EMs as they start adding over time new items into the game for better long range hunting ,
as making shots with the current items is not going to be easy.

True or not this is just my opinion.
Ghosts don't die they just fade away, like players do every day.
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Muglug wrote:So....(Depends on your game settings) get ready to spend more EMs as they start adding over time new items into the game for better long range hunting ,
as making shots with the current items is not going to be easy.

True or not this is just my opinion.
I don't think that seeing animals at longer distances will change gun ballistics or zooming optics equipment.
and as it now works you still have to figure out holdover at longer ranges.
The only thing that bothers me about it is that will penalties be used against the setting you use as everyone is not as comfortable with their computer performance
that doesn't do the best job on higher settings IMO, that is the farce about it.
INTIMID883R
Outfitter

Post by INTIMID883R »

It seems we have a little problem with hit detection with the Heavy Recurve since update. Also a ridicules spook distance Problem. I shot one arrow at a sleeping bobcat at 191 M missed him by 60 M and he spooked and fled. OH and 11 arrows in the Bison.

Spoiler:

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”