Status Update - 21st May 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
gas56
Outfitter

Re: Status Update - 21st May 2018

Post by gas56 »

More Render Range... sounds interesting
Now all we need to be able to do is set our rifle scopes at a zero distance of 220 meters or more instead of 100........... :lol:
This will make it good to see animals at those longer ranges, but will make no difference for a rifle zeroed in for shorter distances,
and bullet drop should be more dramatic now if trying to take a shot at them....... ;)
So I imagine the graphics to work right that the 2/3/4 latter plane models will be seen only for longer distances, or is that why you still
will have 3 graphic settings that can only render each max distance with available dynamic objects while looking through the binocs/scopes/spotting scopes like it originally was?
No matter I guess, we will soon see.............. :shock: pun intended.
GoldenEagle1
Scout

Post by GoldenEagle1 »

before the animal run out to 220 m when spooked and stoped so u could find it again standing , how it well work now with 320 m ?
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Nice upgrades- Well, there really aren't words - These are 2 things we've always been told can't happen, can't be done, impossible.
So my thoughts are, WOW! The Team made the impossible possible, that's the most impressive element of all.
TreeKiwi wrote:Depending on what gun you are using, the animals actually already do spook out side of your render range :)
I have never seen this statement before ever and defies known rules of game play. Can you expand on this?
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
INTIMID883R
Outfitter

Post by INTIMID883R »

Spook distance is already insane, and now your making it 320 m. It is very obvious that no one on the team has ever been in the woods hunting anything.
Spoiler:
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Radamus wrote:
TreeKiwi wrote:Depending on what gun you are using, the animals actually already do spook out side of your render range :)
I have never seen this statement before ever and defies known rules of game play. Can you expand on this?
Yes, please. Elaborate.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

You guys that have done lots of multiplayer must have seen this. This is why lots of people look for the 500m rule. Remember all those times there is someone 300-400m away from you, you are calling in a big animal and then he pulls the trigger and your nice animal decides that he doesn't like the sound of that and bolts, I do because I lost my first potential 200point WT like that! :D
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

WOW I take one day away from the forums & this gets dropped! I am very pleased to see this move!

FWIW IMO having a rangefinder built into a spotting scope is a TERRIBLE idea!!! 1st off they dont exist in real life. 2nd they would be OP for use in this game. I also dont think we need new binos either. Anyone who has ever actually used high power binos in a field environment knows they are almost worthless. You just cant hold them steady enough to be practicable. 7-8x binos are the standard because they offer the best combination of magnification & clarity of view. Dont matter if you in the thick woods of the east coast or the wide open spaces out west.

Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

TreeKiwi wrote:You guys that have done lots of multiplayer must have seen this. This is why lots of people look for the 500m rule. Remember all those times there is someone 300-400m away from you, you are calling in a big animal and then he pulls the trigger and your nice animal decides that he doesn't like the sound of that and bolts, I do because I lost my first potential 200point WT like that! :D
There's 2 spook rules, one for SP and one for MP - But the way you said it did not specify. If you're referring to MP spooking sure, we got that.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
Prinz1989
Hunter

Post by Prinz1989 »

Radamus wrote:
TreeKiwi wrote:You guys that have done lots of multiplayer must have seen this. This is why lots of people look for the 500m rule. Remember all those times there is someone 300-400m away from you, you are calling in a big animal and then he pulls the trigger and your nice animal decides that he doesn't like the sound of that and bolts, I do because I lost my first potential 200point WT like that! :D
There's 2 spook rules, one for SP and one for MP - But the way you said it did not specify. If you're referring to MP spooking sure, we got that.
Yeah I never play mp and was puzzled by this.
How will spooking distance change for sp?
If it increases I as someone who barely if ever shoots animals at more than 100m anyway would see the increased render distance more negative than positive. Although I might be alone on this.
TheColton

Post by TheColton »

I already see myself thinking the callers are broken everytime i call an animal i see in the distance, until i notice its 250m away.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”