Status Update - 21st May 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
J_Birdman
Hunter

Re: Status Update - 21st May 2018

Post by J_Birdman »

Radamus wrote:
\m/ wrote:Bino/spotter + rangefinder in a combo can cost the price of 2, even 3 single binos, but thats only my single opinion. Why? Cuz only one slot for both functions it is worth for me.
agreed- unless they are going to add a pocket I like this. As it is now, I've learned to live using 2 slots, for for the RF binos and one for the spotting scope. As long as it's variable zoom we got a deal.
Yes yes, variable zoom indeed, good catch. But with all the animals now and probably more to come, I don't side with an "either/or" trade-off between increasing inventory slots/creating a combo optic. I believe we now require(yes as in need, not want), two more inventory slots, period.(and would fully expect a price tag to come with it of course) But again, that's a subject for another thread, I've addressed the pertinence in regard to this specific idea/opinion.
DHRifleman wrote:Since the latest maps have no low complexity, will they be 270m render automatically?
Has the HM been made scalable to match what ever render range you are using at the time?
Will animal calls still be triggered by them changing states from un-rendered to rendered, and is that scaled based on the setting used?
Finally what will happen if a low end user, and a high end user are in the same MP session if they are together will both hear a call from an animal that is out at 320M?

I run everything maxed except shadows and looking forward to seeing how this impacts the visuals of the environment.
Nice to see you around, DHR. Lots of questions now and to come, for sure. One thing that's certain, gonna be a thrilling ride starting tomorrow! :lol:
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

The forum was down for several hours this morning, but the launcher updated and patched for the new render. However, the new spotting scope and the new rifle scope are not in the store for me. I was talking on Skype with other players, and they said they were in the store for them.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
HonzoChu
Tracker

Post by HonzoChu »

I was going to ask the same question.. "Has anyone seen the new Spotting scope and Rifle scope in the store to buy?" I saw the update run when I logged in and the patch notes say that the new scopes should be in the store for purchase, but I can't find them. Anyone else? I'm pretty new to theHunter (only a couple of weeks now) and was wondering if I missed something or need to do something to get everything running right?

Any suggestions?

Thanks for the help and advice ;-)

Honzo
INTIMID883R
Outfitter

Post by INTIMID883R »

Clear your game cache and launcher cache and it should be there
Spoiler:
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

Awesome! Trying it out with some ibex now :)

Sidenote, I did clear cache myself and still don't have the scopes showing, unsure why. I'm sure time will resolve it, though.

Update: showing now. Gonna have to grab one and give it a shot. Loving the increased distance--all I can say is MORE! And the multiplayer thing makes me real happy. Means I don't have to feel TOO bad offering only half-set-up reserves :lol:
Last edited by TheSheWolf on May 23rd, 2018, 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
INTIMID883R
Outfitter

Post by INTIMID883R »

Make sure you restart the launcher after clearing.
Spoiler:
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

Clearing the launcher and restarting did not work for me. I had to change the language then everything showed up fine when I put it back to English
Spoiler:
HonzoChu
Tracker

Post by HonzoChu »

INTIMID883R wrote:Clear your game cache and launcher cache and it should be there
INTIMID883R - Thank you, but I'm not sure where to go or how to do that. I'm running windows 10.

Can anyone help me out here?

Honzo

(Ya, I know, I know.... Dang these computer novice types. Can't even do the simplist of things..... gezzzzz) ;-)
RidgeBack69 wrote:Clearing the launcher and restarting did not work for me. I had to change the language then everything showed up fine when I put it back to English
RidgeBack69 - That really worked! Thank you so much for the tip! ;-)

Honzo

PS: Anyone else who may want to try this here's a tip (especially if you don't understand another language), memorize the placement of the links that you click on to change the language so you can do the same thing to go back to your normal language. lol

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”