Status Update - 21st May 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
J_Birdman
Hunter

Re: Status Update - 21st May 2018

Post by J_Birdman »

Thanks for update TreeKiwi, eagerly awaiting these new things coming into play. Wow, really, never thought I'd see EW do either of these two new main features. Good luck in their public release, EW, here's hoping for a smooth one.
Villkatta wrote:Nice update, thank you!

I'm happy with the way scene complexity and render distance is paired up, neat solution EW! :D
I'm def. buying the new toys, but I hope you'll include a range finder in the spotting scope.

But about the possibility to bring your own big equipment into MP games, may I ask that you PLEASE don't include tents to this feature?
It's begging to be abused in MP comps. (everyone searches the map until a trophy is found, places tent and let the competitioner FT to it - see my point?)
That sounds like a nightmare situation. Great point, Villkatta.
xOEDragonx wrote:I'm pretty psyched to see all these new goodies coming this week! Extended render range will make for some fun hunting, I'm just picturing those goats at BRR now. They won't stand a chance :twisted:

I'm also looking forward to the better scope and spotting scope. While a built in rangefinder would be great on the spotting scope, I imagine that would make it a bit OP. You'd never need to buy any other optics. Great for the players, not so great for EW, so I wouldn't get my hopes up (unless they beef up the price to match). But I do agree we will need a better rangefinder with these new long distances, tied into the spotting scooe or not.

And multiplayer deployables is something I've been hoping for since day one of playing with some of friends. Can't wait to try it out!
Personally, I don't think a long-range spotting glass/rangefinder combo is OP. I think it's realistic, and that the choice between buying(and using) one piece of equipment which serves two functions and buying(and using) two pieces of equipment with separate functions is easy. To me, it's not about the price, it's about availability(or lack thereof) of inventory slots. What I'm saying is that I don't at all believe in the "It's not profitable for EW to release just one single item" arguement. I would surely, and understandably, pay a considerably higher price for one optic that does two jobs instead of two optics that take up two slots. The EHR has grown, even in just my three years of playing. All these new reserves and animals require more items(callers, scents, etc) and it's got to the point where we're having to constantly dive into our backpacks in order to simply use an attractant, let alone optics, de-scent, wind indicator, and small deployables.(flags, decoys, tripod rest, e-caller, etc) Honestly, backpack diving has already reached the critical point in my opinion. There is so much time spent in inventory, even with the new inventory loadout feature. EW was on the right track with the Duck Caller Lanyard, I would love to see that idea put much more into use, but that's a topic for another thread.
strandjutter
Scout

Post by strandjutter »

killertut wrote:thank god i just upgrade from my old 760gtx to a 1080 :D
I'm glad i got my 1060 6gb aswell, I hope it will do the job.

BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

:shock: :o Nice! Thanks for the update TK- nice work EW! 8-) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

Boy it's going to be a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong two days :!:
Spoiler:
Hifisch
Scout

Post by Hifisch »

RidgeBack69 wrote:Boy it's going to be a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong two days :!:
320 Meters long? :P
JamboWhoDat
Hunter

Post by JamboWhoDat »

Tanngnjostr wrote:So this sounds like we're going to be able to create our own ranges soon. That would be really nice. Imagine setting up some kind of target shooting course within the woods and using it with friends in a MP game. :D
Thanks Mr. Goat! My eyes just got so big and dilated after reading new render distance. I missed that part about new target deployables.
pastuh
Scout

Post by pastuh »

Great update :)
J_Birdman
Hunter

Post by J_Birdman »

JamboWhoDat wrote:
Tanngnjostr wrote:So this sounds like we're going to be able to create our own ranges soon. That would be really nice. Imagine setting up some kind of target shooting course within the woods and using it with friends in a MP game. :D
Thanks Mr. Goat! My eyes just got so big and dilated after reading new render distance. I missed that part about new target deployables.
I kind of glazed over that part myself and also missed Tann's idea. Great idea! Lots and lots of possible uses I bet, the mind starts to reel. :)

Gotta say, the whole BYOE feature in general should be fantastic, I hope it's cool. For the deployable targets, I wonder if they report back your shot info(distance, paper target score, body target organs) like the existing range targets do. Can someone in EW please verify or refute this? Or maybe I can just wait, lol. :oops:
Treedweller
Tracker

Post by Treedweller »

Great update! I just have a few questions:

1. How will the new render range influence the range of calls and callers? There are animals with loud calls which should be heard from over 220m (like the wolves which already do that).

2. Is there going to be an update to the Huntermate? Being able to see the animal (maybe hear it too) but not being able to locate it on the Huntermate would be weird.

3. The new scope is going to work with the .223 and .300 bolt action rifles, but why not with the .243 too? Doesn't EW need some em$ from the guests too?
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Post by Generalkommendant »

We won the gold medal yesterday in the Hockey WC!
Feels like this SU did the same today! Great stuff! Great!

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”