Status Update - 21st May 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Status Update - 21st May 2018

Post by TreeKiwi »

HD_Artworks wrote:Finally, one of the biggest suggestions is coming to theHunter! :D

Thanks, EW.
But, I have some questions:
1- So, our old spotting scope is going to be useless after the update?! Because going with 16x scope to EHR and couldn't be able to spot animals in +220m is not so good! (Same for our sights for rifles!)
2- Right now I play on High scene complexity with a reasonable FPS. Can I still play on High after the update? Or I have to lower that down to Medium?
Hey mate!

First question, no nothing changes with them, they are just the same as they have always been. Its just that now with the added range, better optics were needed. You can still see all the animals through the old scopes and optics no worries, they are just not looking so close.

Second question, You should be able to run it fine, but as everyone's computers are a little different, time will tell. We did testing on our end and it did not seem to drop performance for people that could already run the game on high.

Cheers
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

TreeKiwi wrote:
HD_Artworks wrote:2- Right now I play on High scene complexity with a reasonable FPS. Can I still play on High after the update? Or I have to lower that down to Medium?
Second question, You should be able to run it fine, but as everyone's computers are a little different, time will tell. We did testing on our end and it did not seem to drop performance for people that could already run the game on high.
I assume that while scene complexity is mainly a matter of your GPU, render distance will probably strain more of your CPU resources, right?
Image Image Image
ClemD
Scout

Post by ClemD »

Great update. Thanks EW for the increased render distance and the multiplayer deployables. What a nice update! :D :D

Rare: 153 – Non-Typical: 12
Competitions: 82 – Gold: 25, Silver: 29, Bronze: 23, Events: 5
ElusiveShadow
Outfitter

Post by ElusiveShadow »

Interesting update!

I'm going to be curious to see how this impact on the gameplay. I expect it will be a positive thing.

The last thing I want from the game when it finally ends: An offline, single player version.
Wetrocky45
Spotter

Post by Wetrocky45 »

TreeKiwi wrote:Its the one you have been waiting for :D

Your comments to the status update from the 21st of May 2018.

Have a good week!

TK
Very pleased with the new update, thank you for everything.

i5 6500 | GTX 1060 3GB mini | 8GB DDR4 |Nothing special
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
TreeKiwi wrote:
HD_Artworks wrote:2- Right now I play on High scene complexity with a reasonable FPS. Can I still play on High after the update? Or I have to lower that down to Medium?
I assume that while scene complexity is mainly a matter of your GPU, render distance will probably strain more of your CPU resources, right?
I know how to push buttons and that is about it hahaha I am not a computer whiz at all! Maybe David or someone can chime in with the correct information regarding this?
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

A grand update TK. I can't say I am a fan of the guessing game but a great update none the less.

One easy question. Will a new season start when the render distance goes live?
Spoiler:
HD_Artworks
Outfitter

Post by HD_Artworks »

Tanngnjostr wrote: I assume that while scene complexity is mainly a matter of your GPU, render distance will probably strain more of your CPU resources, right?
Well, my CPU cause GPU bottleneck right now. I don't have a good CPU and if increase render range need more CPU resource than GPU resource, I will have some problem then!
But, at Mat said, "Time will tell." ;)
Season Stats
Spoiler:
MaxVe
Scout

Post by MaxVe »

Good news what else to say?
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

I'm pretty psyched to see all these new goodies coming this week! Extended render range will make for some fun hunting, I'm just picturing those goats at BRR now. They won't stand a chance :twisted:

I'm also looking forward to the better scope and spotting scope. While a built in rangefinder would be great on the spotting scope, I imagine that would make it a bit OP. You'd never need to buy any other optics. Great for the players, not so great for EW, so I wouldn't get my hopes up (unless they beef up the price to match). But I do agree we will need a better rangefinder with these new long distances, tied into the spotting scooe or not.

And multiplayer deployables is something I've been hoping for since day one of playing with some of friends. Can't wait to try it out!

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”