Status Update - 21st May 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
J_Birdman
Hunter

Re: Status Update - 21st May 2018

Post by J_Birdman »

SoftShoe wrote:WOW I take one day away from the forums & this gets dropped! I am very pleased to see this move!

FWIW IMO having a rangefinder built into a spotting scope is a TERRIBLE idea!!! 1st off they dont exist in real life. 2nd they would be OP for use in this game. I also dont think we need new binos either. Anyone who has ever actually used high power binos in a field environment knows they are almost worthless. You just cant hold them steady enough to be practicable. 7-8x binos are the standard because they offer the best combination of magnification & clarity of view. Dont matter if you in the thick woods of the east coast or the wide open spaces out west.
Heh, this is a hunting video game, I think we'll be able to hold and use them just fine. But they do exist IRL, and it would be great to see one in the game instead of requiring us to carry two separate optics which takes up two very precious inventory slots. As I said before, I'd be more than willing to pay a heftier price for such an optic, and I think most others would too. Speaking of which, I think I saw someone say they'd pay the price of the new long range spotting scope + 100 em$ for a spotting scope/rangefinder combo instead. I think that price is unrealistically low. I'd expect the price to be more in the neighborhood of the cost of two optics, and I'd personally have no problem forking that much over for such an item.

Man that was painful to type, but yeah, I would pay that. :lol:
Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

J_Birdman wrote:
SoftShoe wrote:WOW I take one day away from the forums & this gets dropped! I am very pleased to see this move!

FWIW IMO having a rangefinder built into a spotting scope is a TERRIBLE idea!!! 1st off they dont exist in real life. 2nd they would be OP for use in this game. I also dont think we need new binos either. Anyone who has ever actually used high power binos in a field environment knows they are almost worthless. You just cant hold them steady enough to be practicable. 7-8x binos are the standard because they offer the best combination of magnification & clarity of view. Dont matter if you in the thick woods of the east coast or the wide open spaces out west.
Heh, this is a hunting video game, I think we'll be able to hold and use them just fine. But they do exist IRL, and it would be great to see one in the game instead of requiring us to carry two separate optics which takes up two very precious inventory slots. As I said before, I'd be more than willing to pay a heftier price for such an optic, and I think most others would too. Speaking of which, I think I saw someone say they'd pay the price of the new long range spotting scope + 100 em$ for a spotting scope/rangefinder combo instead. I think that price is unrealistically low. I'd expect the price to be more in the neighborhood of the cost of two optics, and I'd personally have no problem forking that much over for such an item.

Man that was painful to type, but yeah, I would pay that. :lol:
Yes. The range finding binos do exist.
And that was me that commented about the 100 em$ added to the price for the combo...... I was minimizing it so as not to open the door to an outrageous price tag. 8-) Kinda like your comment about it being painful to type :lol: . I would expect the price to be more along the lines of being the cost of one, plus 2thirds of another.
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
\m/
Outfitter

Post by \m/ »

Bino/spotter + rangefinder in a combo can cost the price of 2, even 3 single binos, but thats only my single opinion. Why? Cuz only one slot for both functions it is worth for me.
Now offline. Forever.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

\m/ wrote:Bino/spotter + rangefinder in a combo can cost the price of 2, even 3 single binos, but thats only my single opinion. Why? Cuz only one slot for both functions it is worth for me.
agreed- unless they are going to add a pocket I like this. As it is now, I've learned to live using 2 slots, for for the RF binos and one for the spotting scope. As long as it's variable zoom we got a deal.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
\m/
Outfitter

Post by \m/ »

Radamus wrote:
\m/ wrote:Bino/spotter + rangefinder in a combo can cost the price of 2, even 3 single binos, but thats only my single opinion. Why? Cuz only one slot for both functions it is worth for me.
agreed- unless they are going to add a pocket I like this. As it is now, I've learned to live using 2 slots, for for the RF binos and one for the spotting scope. As long as it's variable zoom we got a deal.
Yes, variable zoom is a must-have for the combo.
Now offline. Forever.
MooseHunter330
Outfitter

Post by MooseHunter330 »

Something I find pretty interesting are these stabilized Zeiss 20x60 T* Binoculars.
The mechanical stabilization lets you identify coin sized objects at ranges up to 500 meters without any support.
They're just fragile and bulky, but that doesn't really do anything in terms of gameplay.
Spends all the gold and money to buy new weapons in the shape of guns.
mapache01
Outfitter

Post by mapache01 »

EW when will reduced the time to deconstruct/construct the Deployables Towers? currently takes 48 full hours to deploy/undeploy
mapache01
Outfitter

Post by mapache01 »

What about this Rangefinder ABOVE the spotting or scope, something like the Parker Rangefinder

Herzbube

Post by Herzbube »

Won't the current range finder become useless when trying to spot an animal standing 320 metres (or more, depending on the difference of altitude) away?
nachthexe
Hunter

Post by nachthexe »

Those Impalas doing IT at 250 km/h are quite amazing! I pity the doe though. ;)
Code: Select all

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”