Status Update - 21st May 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Violator31
Outfitter

Re: Status Update - 21st May 2018

Post by Violator31 »

Nice way to start off the week.... a very promising update. Thank you.
I'm anxiously waiting for the first video of someone falling off a tree when the treestand owner exits a MP game. :lol:
Whatever you were going to charge for the new spotting scope, add 100 em$ to it & make it a rangefinder also. I agree with the others. The biggest issue I have with them being separate is the weight in the backpack (as stated by someone else).

JimboCrow wrote:P.S.> Hey HooCairs, I'll bet you come back now buddy!!! :lol:
I just figured his absence meant that he was on the Beta team testing the "new stuff".
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
Sergeant_Cypress

Post by Sergeant_Cypress »

FINALLY. This will bring me back to the game for sure. Super excited to get out there and do some real spot and stalk hunting.

https://www.gohunt.com/read/skills/spot ... gs.zFwzL=k
Prinz1989
Hunter

Post by Prinz1989 »

fantamichele wrote:
stancomputerhunter wrote:If you haven't thought of it, EW, you missed an opportunity to pair the new spotting scope with a new range finder binoculars. Bundle them together with a reasonable price and sales would be beyond render. ;)
I fully support this idea.

One question: do the animals react to noise at 320 meters? Or if I shoot and an animal is 300 meters this runs off?
Good question. I hope not. I might quit the game if after a shot there are no animals in a 300m circle around me.
I hope they make all guns like the .17 and .22 are now with a spooking range of less than render distance.
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

Very nice update TK, it's very cool to see Multiplayer Deployables, good job Staff and Devs.
Cool to see the render distance maximized and i expect to see my lost HS points coming soon.
Ringalor
Tracker

Post by Ringalor »

Great update!!! Thanks...
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

Prinz1989 wrote:
fantamichele wrote:
stancomputerhunter wrote:If you haven't thought of it, EW, you missed an opportunity to pair the new spotting scope with a new range finder binoculars. Bundle them together with a reasonable price and sales would be beyond render. ;)
I fully support this idea.

One question: do the animals react to noise at 320 meters? Or if I shoot and an animal is 300 meters this runs off?
Good question. I hope not. I might quit the game if after a shot there are no animals in a 300m circle around me.
I hope they make all guns like the .17 and .22 are now with a spooking range of less than render distance.
Depending on what gun you are using, the animals actually already do spook out side of your render range :)
CatchU
Tracker

Post by CatchU »

Great update. Thx for the effort. It is a long awaited feature to have an ERR!
Longmann
Scout

Post by Longmann »

Sounds promising, can't wait. :D Extended render distance is exactly what I was expecting. Deployables in MP? Perfect.
Spoiler:
We pray our sights be straight and our aim be true,
We pray for no pain to the game we pursue.
We thank you, Lord, for this land,
We thank you for the sights from our stands.
We pray for safety one and all,
We pray we may return next fall.
HawkEye81
Tracker

Post by HawkEye81 »

In BRR single player I used to hunt feral goats/roos or sitka/moose in WRR with 7mm bullpup/.300 at around 200m, this way even if the rest of the group spook they won't run to much after they exit the rendering range, not even the wounded ones, after running aprox 50-70m I could see and shoot another one from the same group and so on and with a bit of patience I can actually drop many if not all from the same group in a decent amount of time, also even without being able to see it I doubt that animals which are outside of rendering spook when I shoot, my in-game experience tells me they are not, or at least not in single player because many times after I shoot and run for just a little bit I got a new animal call.
I'm very curios how the new rendering will change the animals spooking distance and how realistic the new scope will perform because it's a bit more powerful than the biggest one we have now and the weapon shaking might be a bit of a challenge at 320m especially on weapons with low skill.
GoldenEagle1
Scout

Post by GoldenEagle1 »

i hope to see the rangefinder in the new 30*65 spotting scope before the release

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”