Status Update - 21st May 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Re: Status Update - 21st May 2018

Post by Generalkommendant »

JimboCrow wrote:
Generalkommendant wrote:We won the gold medal yesterday in the Hockey WC!
Feels like this SU did the same today! Great stuff! Great!
Congratulations GK!!! I was hoping we would be the ones to take home the gold this year. You didn't even need Hedman, who I thought would be severely missed. Gratz to Sweden for sure!!!

Ice hockey truly is a world sport now.... so much better than when it was dominated by Canada and/or Russia. Great tournament!!!
Thanks a lot Jimbo! I agree, it's a world sport for sure. It has become so little differences between the teams nowadays. We really needed to struggle to beat Switzerland in the final. Resulting in a penalty shoot-out and all. In the past we've always thought that they're just a piece of cake that needs to be handled. We were so certain it would end up with Canada in the final, as always when we reach the final. :D
It's great to see this great sport being embraced by so many nations. And even without Victor Hedman, the giant, we managed at last. Looking forward to the future, Canada and Sweden presented the youngest teams of them all. It says a lot!

Sorry for the OT.

But this Status Update also met the Gold medal standard! Once again, great stuff!
SafeChameleon

Post by SafeChameleon »

It seems I picked the right week to pick up this sim huh.
Shaggymobilly
Spotter

Post by Shaggymobilly »

First off, thanks TK for the bonus SU early this week. Very nice of you to do since you were under the weather and missed it last week. It's very much appreciated!

As for the update, wow, what an amazing update this sounds like. Seems like it will be an almost entirely new game. Can't wait to try out the new goodies and see what it looks like. It seems like setting up the render distance to how well a users computer can run the game is a really good solution to take care of all your players. Good on you for that.

Thanks to all at EW who made this update possible. Here's hoping it's a smooth roll out for you guys!
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

After many years finally we get the render range increased, and in a way that doesn't force to get new pc upgrades, (i should upgrade my toaster this year anyway, but at least i wont be forced to keep playing The Hunter) i was very skeptical of render being the enhancement because i did see this requested trough many years and always was too hard or impossible and i give up my hope in that being ever done, EW proved me wrong and i am very happy for that. Now lets hope this patch goes smoothly and we can enjoy this enhancement without bugs or crashes, they happen in any major upgrade in any game but lest hope this wont be the case, thumbs up to EW, and that new scope even without the render increase seem like a very useful tool for long distance shooting.

Just one thing, a new spotting scope its nice, but please made some new binoculars too, the field of vision is too reduced in scopes when you are trying to look a wide panoramic area.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

I have a couple of questions...
What happens to the Huntermate with the new render range will it expand (bigger minimap) since animals could call outside of 220m now but the Huntermate is only 220m flat from edge to edge, also dot marking goes outside of Huntermate border.
Is bullet drop now a thing on more higher caliber rifles?
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

And what happen to spook distance too, its tied to the render distance or will be independent from render?

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Bullet1956

Post by Bullet1956 »

Thanks for the awesome updates!
syr2890
Tracker

Post by syr2890 »

perfect timing..i just renew my membership last week. thankyou for the great updates!!!
Schlachtwolf
Hunter

Post by Schlachtwolf »

Brilliant update.....

Some thoughts, I think some are getting a wee bit hung up on "I will need the extra gear all the time" but let's face it the number of areas on Reserves apart from WRR and BRR and Loggers are relatively limited where you will be shooting over 320+m.
The callers will probably not work at the extended range as that just makes it silly, see an animal at 300m and call him in for a bow shot as it kinda defeats the object of extended range. The same for scent etc... Long range shooting should be it's own special skill and will be hard to master I'm sure.
I doubt the Huntermate will pick up calls from further than now but we'll see.
Adding the .17HV or to the list for the new scope would be a sharp move for Hares and rabbits.... now that would be fun....
As for the MP depoyables it sounds great but as I rarely play MP it 'aint sooooo important for me, maybe the kick up the behind to finally get playing more MP !!!

Cheers

Schlachtwolf
My opinion may not be right, but it is the one I like most :D

wintergoose
Outfitter

Post by wintergoose »

One of the greatest update. I am realy looking forward to try this new distance.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”