Status Update - 9th May 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Re: Status Update - 9th May 2018

Post by RidgeBack69 »

Tod1d wrote:
RidgeBack69 wrote:And lets remember it was called a new gameplay enhancement not a huge one so it could be just about anything. ;)
TreeKiwi wrote:I have said since the start of the year that the road map is very exciting and packed full of some awesome features. This is one that had me smiling like I had just won the lottery when they announced it was being worked on, and it has been a highly requested feature from the community for years.
TreeKiwi wrote:Last week I showed you all this image below as the first in the series of hints as to a HUGE new game play improvement that is coming soon.
I knew I saw the word, "Huge" somewhere. (and I don't watch press conferences) ;)

I also highlighted a couple other phrases that indicate it's something pretty big, and not something trivial.
Well I must have missed that one. But one mans HUGE could be another's mans tiny. :lol: :lol:

All kidding aside I truly hope it is something significant.
Spoiler:
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Well this new game play has got a huge hype that's for sure, i mean this kind of hype its what we usually get for new reserves, so whatever this new game play is, for sure its creating very high expectations, i hope it don't be something like a new rifle plus a scope.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Post by Generalkommendant »

VonStratos wrote:Well this new game play has got a huge hype that's for sure, i mean this kind of hype its what we usually get for new reserves, so whatever this new game play is, for sure its creating very high expectations, i hope it don't be something like a new rifle plus a scope.
Yeah, it gets hyped. That's for sure. But maybe it'll be justified? Fingers crossed. I bet my right leg it won't be a new rifle plus a scope though! I wouldn't consider that being a "gameplay enhancement", and certainly not a "huge one". ;)
Exanimis
Hunter

Post by Exanimis »

I'm still hoping for a new camera with equipment and missions. If it's anything else, I suppose I could startup my old photo competition thread again.
aussieshooter
Spotter

Post by aussieshooter »

To my mind 'HUGE' means a big change to the game.

A camera just wouldn't cut it ( although I would like to see a camera mode in the huntermate, like COTW), and zeroing and sighting of rifles seems a waste considering the limited render distance. Could be something like the revival of in-game chat, or personal bests, but I don't see how they could monetise that effectively.

To me a huge change would be:

Animal AI - Complete redoing of the animal AI, so that they actually interact with other animals and the environment. Changing the way they are called, react to shots, actions when injured, predators hunting prey, fawns and babies with females, actual hunting trails, etc. Probably wouldn't require new gear tho.....

Trees - Make trees great again! allow birds to land in them, and smaller critters to make them their homes. Opens up new animals and possibly smaller firearms or slingshots etc.

Night hunting - introducing nocturnal species? Could open some revenue possibilities with new equipment.

Fishing - I'd rather see a deep sea style fishing than a stand and throw a line in a pond style, but either way.

Africa - maybe this is a fancy new reserve announcement? I know Alena said that Africa was probably never gonna happen due to the controversy of hunting the endangered species. They could simply not have them in the reserve, plenty of game in Africa without them...... or ....... what about an Africa reserve that features the big 5 that doesn't allow actual hunting but requires the player to get photos of the species - Attenborough style? That might satisfy the camera aficionados and those who want an Africa map.

Guilds - A long requested feature. Sure to please a lot of players.

The Joining of the reserves - joining reserves up so you can walk from one to the other? Don't know if it has ever been requested before.

A New Engine - forget extending render distance, how about just going to the COTW engine and being done with it? I know this gets a big controversy every time it gets raised, by people who wont be able to run the game because of obsolete equipment. But how long can EW keep this engine running? Unfortunately gaming is one of those hobbies that requires a constant state of upgrading in order to keep being able to enjoy modern games.

Transport - Horses, Bikes, Quads, ATVs. Don't really think the reserves are large enough to require them, and may make multiplayer a bit of a headache for some.

Just some thoughts. Apologies for the length.
Beano8U
Scout

Post by Beano8U »

RidgeBack69 wrote:
Tod1d wrote:
RidgeBack69 wrote:And lets remember it was called a new gameplay enhancement not a huge one so it could be just about anything. ;)
TreeKiwi wrote:I have said since the start of the year that the road map is very exciting and packed full of some awesome features. This is one that had me smiling like I had just won the lottery when they announced it was being worked on, and it has been a highly requested feature from the community for years.
TreeKiwi wrote:Last week I showed you all this image below as the first in the series of hints as to a HUGE new game play improvement that is coming soon.
I knew I saw the word, "Huge" somewhere. (and I don't watch press conferences) ;)

I also highlighted a couple other phrases that indicate it's something pretty big, and not something trivial.
Well I must have missed that one. But one mans HUGE could be another's mans tiny. :lol: :lol:

All kidding aside I truly hope it is something significant.
Someone mentioned also that TK's eyes lit up BIG time during the staff announcement. Pretty sure it's gonna be a game changer :)
I'm guessing render view is on the table. New, long range scopes and equipment too. New equipment was mentioned :)

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”