Status Update - 9th May 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
rhapsodaisical
Scout

Re: Status Update - 9th May 2018

Post by rhapsodaisical »

skogseide wrote:
VonStratos wrote:A new camera with their own game-play features, like missions, competitions, equipment, etc, along the weapon modifications, that would be an amazing upgrade in game-play imho.
this is a hunting game, not a camera photo shoot game.

I sure hope it's something better and different than a camera or a drone or whatever. Don't know what, but one can always continue dreaming about better graphics of some sort, even though it's never gonna happen in this game.
Don't you think Trophy shots alone are worth an upgrade?
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

I don't think a camera alone be the deal, i hope to see a new and better one to replace the old one that nobody uses nowadays because screenshots are better, i think that a camera would be a nice adition but as part of a bigger thing, as a complement for a new game-play, after all as skogseide said this is a hunting game, not a nature photographer game, but both things are not incompatible, after all the photographic camera has been part of The Hunter since forever.

Now if we get a new camera and that alone its the new "big thing" alone, i am gonna be as surprised as anyone here, because as much i love to see a new camera i obviously prefer hunting focused game-play. Camera and photo as a plus, a side addition, not as a main feature, weapon modifications, render distance, new animal I.A, etc that is a main feature. ;)

Now all that said, i see few chances for a render increase, i don't know if weapon modifications can be done in a effective way, and the clues show not much to aim for a new i.a for the animals, we only see new nice looking pictures, a sight and that new items will be implemented. We are in a limbo here.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Pretty_Boy
Outfitter

Post by Pretty_Boy »

Hey beautiful and handsome hunters, I got a general question about Competitions:
I want to start a hunt now, but the comp dont start before 25 minutes. Do I have to start a New hunt at 09:00 CEST to get my trophys registered on the leaderboard? :roll:

FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

Pretty_Boy wrote:Hey beautiful and handsome hunters, I got a general question about Competitions:
I want to start a hunt now, but the comp dont start before 25 minutes. Do I have to start a New hunt at 09:00 CEST to get my trophys registered on the leaderboard? :roll:
Hi Pretty_Boy, if you start a hunt before the beginning of a competition, your score don't count for it.
Pretty_Boy
Outfitter

Post by Pretty_Boy »

FR_Bugs wrote:
Pretty_Boy wrote:Hey beautiful and handsome hunters, I got a general question about Competitions:
Hi Pretty_Boy, if you start a hunt before the beginning of a competition, your score don't count for it.
Thx FR_Bugs :)

gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

How's that Video Capture & Screen shot item built into the game coming along?........... ;)
skogseide
Scout

Post by skogseide »

rhapsodaisical wrote:
skogseide wrote:
VonStratos wrote:A new camera with their own game-play features, like missions, competitions, equipment, etc, along the weapon modifications, that would be an amazing upgrade in game-play imho.
this is a hunting game, not a camera photo shoot game.

I sure hope it's something better and different than a camera or a drone or whatever. Don't know what, but one can always continue dreaming about better graphics of some sort, even though it's never gonna happen in this game.
Don't you think Trophy shots alone are worth an upgrade?
not for me, but I can understand other people want it. As you can see on my hunter profile, it's not much trophy shots the last years. :)
skogseide
Scout

Post by skogseide »

VonStratos wrote:I don't think a camera alone be the deal, i hope to see a new and better one to replace the old one that nobody uses nowadays because screenshots are better, i think that a camera would be a nice adition but as part of a bigger thing, as a complement for a new game-play, after all as skogseide said this is a hunting game, not a nature photographer game, but both things are not incompatible, after all the photographic camera has been part of The Hunter since forever.

Now if we get a new camera and that alone its the new "big thing" alone, i am gonna be as surprised as anyone here, because as much i love to see a new camera i obviously prefer hunting focused game-play. Camera and photo as a plus, a side addition, not as a main feature, weapon modifications, render distance, new animal I.A, etc that is a main feature. ;)

Now all that said, i see few chances for a render increase, i don't know if weapon modifications can be done in a effective way, and the clues show not much to aim for a new i.a for the animals, we only see new nice looking pictures, a sight and that new items will be implemented. We are in a limbo here.

VonStratos said this a lot better than I did.

I rather have some hunting related improvements than "just" a new camera. :)

Like I said, my biggest wish for the game is a total graphic overhaul, cause this game could look soooooo much better with graphics up to date!
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

skogseide wrote:Like I said, my biggest wish for the game is a total graphic overhaul, cause this game could look soooooo much better with graphics up to date!
My wish for this game , would be a total gameplay overhaul , cause this game could be soooooo much better , sooooo fun / enjoyable to play .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

kevin2106
Hunter

Post by kevin2106 »

DYEUZ wrote:
skogseide wrote:Like I said, my biggest wish for the game is a total graphic overhaul, cause this game could look soooooo much better with graphics up to date!
My wish for this game , would be a total gameplay overhaul , cause this game could be soooooo much better , sooooo fun / enjoyable to play .
What would you like to see for that Serge? just curious :)

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”