2018 Sneakathon Event

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Beano8U
Scout

Re: 2018 Sneakathon Event

Post by Beano8U »

caledonianblues wrote: Supporting the game is great. I also do that. And 10 em$ is a tiny amount, you're right. But it's 10 em$ more than any other competition has ever cost to enter. I'm a huge advocate of this company making money but this is a counter-intuitive approach. Should we expect all special events to have an entry fee now? Is this something that might roll out to regular competitions? It's impossible to know, since I suspect none of us ever thought any competitions (special or otherwise) would have an entry fee. I know the event isn't over yet, but to compare to the same event last year:

I see and agree with what you are saying at the end of the day after thinking about it some more. I really do.

Just curious though, how many entrants were at the end of this years "Grand" comp? I didn't see but noticed the results from last year's was at the end but this year's was near the beginning from the screenshots.

The prize money (EM$) in the Grand Comp was pretty good though I have to say. (Reason why I supported the 10 EM$ charge to begin with, but I think the mission completion entry ticket fits better as these are pretty challenging.) I still feel it's worth 10 EM$ OR completing a set of missions. Sometimes we don't all have time to do both, so an option may be better in future. That way you can still compete in the main comp without spending too. (Even if the GM$ are not rewarded for the missions for balancing as they have been pretty generous with the GM$ in the past)

I didn't compete because I didn't realise it was a seperate comp until half way through. But would have planned for it if I knew about it earlier. May have misread the status update lol
Maybe a bit more notice and details for future comps could gain more participation too? I don't have Twitter, and only really get my news from the status updates and live streams if I manage to catch them.

Just some thoughts. I know it's an older topic, but I haven't been too active lately. Should be playing more soon though as it's coming into winter and actually getting cold here, finally.

Cheers.

caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Beano8U wrote:Just curious though, how many entrants were at the end of this years "Grand" comp? I didn't see but noticed the results from last year's was at the end but this year's was near the beginning from the screenshots.
A whopping 25.

https://www.thehunter.com/#competitions/details/63485

So less than 20% of the interest compared with last year. Speaks volumes, I think.
Beano8U
Scout

Post by Beano8U »

Oh, wow. Thanks for those stats though.
Might go to show that more advanced warning of an upcoming event may help too though?
Quite disappointing really. If I had have known about it earlier I would have been in.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”