Status Update - 2nd May 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Status Update - 2nd May 2018

Post by TreeKiwi »

Longmann wrote:
Tanngnjostr wrote: While we (the moderators) encourage people to post scores with their trophy shots in the relevant topics, there's so much activity in those threads that we're not able to get in touch with everyone that forgot to mention the score. Personally I think that score is more important for the "TruRACS" thread than for the "Rares" thread since an albino or a melanistic is always a great trophy, no matter the score.

Now while choosing the "Trophy of the Week" and the "Rare of the Week" winner is always subjective, for me it's pretty obvious why Cogsy's albino goose won since he took a lot of effort in creating the trophy shot - which is often at least as important as the score. But that's just me and I'm not selecting the winners.
Thanks for your reply. All I want to expose is the rules were ignored, nobody is taking responsibility for it and there are no consequences for it, just the opposite, it's being awarded.
Hey Longmann,

Thanks for your concerns, there are no hard and fast rules for Trophy or Rare of the week. It is however appreciated if people post the scores for the animals, it reduces the frustration for people when they are browsing. But not having a score posted, has never been grounds to be disqualified. As Marc rightly pointed out photo composition plays a big part in our selection. I hope this clears the confusion up.

*edit. Also you are correct, posting or commenting about bans in the forum would be breaking the Coc. But if you or anyone has information they would like to share with me/us you can send me a PM in here or send an email to [email protected] . Until the point of proof being provided, everything is always speculations and these can be very damaging to people, so please refrain from such comments. It doesn't matter what event, sport, game. People at the top will always come under scrutiny from others, but here at least nobody gets treated any differently and like stated previously if anyone has any concerns you know how to contact us.

TK
Longmann
Scout

Post by Longmann »

TreeKiwi wrote:
Longmann wrote:
Tanngnjostr wrote: While we (the moderators) encourage people to post scores with their trophy shots in the relevant topics, there's so much activity in those threads that we're not able to get in touch with everyone that forgot to mention the score. Personally I think that score is more important for the "TruRACS" thread than for the "Rares" thread since an albino or a melanistic is always a great trophy, no matter the score.

Now while choosing the "Trophy of the Week" and the "Rare of the Week" winner is always subjective, for me it's pretty obvious why Cogsy's albino goose won since he took a lot of effort in creating the trophy shot - which is often at least as important as the score. But that's just me and I'm not selecting the winners.
Thanks for your reply. All I want to expose is the rules were ignored, nobody is taking responsibility for it and there are no consequences for it, just the opposite, it's being awarded.
Hey Longmann,

Thanks for your concerns, there are no hard and fast rules for Trophy or Rare of the week. It is however appreciated if people post the scores for the animals, it reduces the frustration for people when they are browsing. But not having a score posted, has never been grounds to be disqualified. As Marc rightly pointed out photo composition plays a big part in our selection. I hope this clears the confusion up.

*edit. Also you are correct, posting or commenting about bans in the forum would be breaking the Coc. But if you or anyone has information they would like to share with me/us you can send me a PM in here or send an email to [email protected] . Until the point of proof being provided, everything is always speculations and these can be very damaging to people, so please refrain from such comments. It doesn't matter what event, sport, game. People at the top will always come under scrutiny from others, but here at least nobody gets treated any differently and like stated previously if anyone has any concerns you know how to contact us.

TK
Rules are actually written pretty clearly and justifying anything that is against them is hard to understand in different way than there's quite a bit of manoeuvring space, be it choosing a weekly trophy shot, taking actions against players or simmilar. But I get it, your game, your rules, respected or not. Appreciate your explanation though, thanks. :)
It is clear now that trophy shots without a score or scoresheet link won't be rejected or disqualified.
Spoiler:
We pray our sights be straight and our aim be true,
We pray for no pain to the game we pursue.
We thank you, Lord, for this land,
We thank you for the sights from our stands.
We pray for safety one and all,
We pray we may return next fall.
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

Longmann wrote:
TreeKiwi wrote:
Longmann wrote: Thanks for your reply. All I want to expose is the rules were ignored, nobody is taking responsibility for it and there are no consequences for it, just the opposite, it's being awarded.
Hey Longmann,

TK
Rules are actually written pretty clearly and justifying anything that is against them is hard to understand in different way than there's quite a bit of manoeuvring space, be it choosing a weekly trophy shot, taking actions against players or simmilar. But I get it, your game, your rules, respected or not. Appreciate your explanation though, thanks. :)
It is clear now that trophy shots without a score or scoresheet link won't be rejected or disqualified.
Can you please show me where the rules for Trophy or Rare of the week are written? If I am not following some rules that I or others before me have set, I would love to know about it. I am a stiffler for rules and do not mean to break any myself, I like to lead by example, so please let me know so I can address any issues.

Thanks.
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

TriRap02 wrote:my guess is 35,000 magpie geese
Congratulations, you have won the guessing game!

The total number of shot Magpie Geese was 35,772.

Could you please send me a PM to confirm your Hunter name and I can transfer the em$.

Thanks!
Longmann
Scout

Post by Longmann »

TreeKiwi wrote: Can you please show me where the rules for Trophy or Rare of the week are written? If I am not following some rules that I or others before me have set, I would love to know about it. I am a stiffler for rules and do not mean to break any myself, I like to lead by example, so please let me know so I can address any issues.
Thanks.
Here (on the first page):
Quarter wrote: ...
RULES

Please follow these rules in order to avoid posts being rejected (and further work for moderators).
  • if you post a trophy shot of an animal, post the score and/or a link to the scoresheet
  • do not make regular posts of pictures on behalf of other players, post your own trophies
These rules are in addition to the general forum Code of Conduct which applies to every post, in every thread.

Thank you for your time and cooperation.
And here (when these rules were introduced):
caledonianblues wrote:Please take a few seconds to read the following statement:

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

There has recently been an influx of new activity in the TruRACS, rares and non-typicals threads. Whilst this is great news, moderators have had to reject a significant number of posts in the aforementioned threads, either due to the posts not being in English, or because people are posting randoms images from random profiles. It is therefore time to enforce some rules in these threads, and it is our request that everyone follows these rules in order to avoid further posts being rejected (and further work for moderators).
  • if you post a trophy shot of an animal, post the score and/or a link to the scoresheet
  • do not make regular posts of pictures on behalf of other players, post your own trophies
These rules are in addition to the general forum Code of Conduct which applies to every post, in every thread.

Thanks for sorting it out.
Spoiler:
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

Longmann wrote:
TreeKiwi wrote: Can you please show me where the rules for Trophy or Rare of the week are written? If I am not following some rules that I or others before me have set, I would love to know about it. I am a stiffler for rules and do not mean to break any myself, I like to lead by example, so please let me know so I can address any issues.
Thanks.
Here (on the first page):
Quarter wrote: ...
RULES

Please follow these rules in order to avoid posts being rejected (and further work for moderators).

And here (when these rules were introduced):
caledonianblues wrote:Please take a few seconds to read the following statement:

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

There has recently been an influx of new activity in the TruRACS, rares and non-typicals threads. Whilst this is great news, moderators have had to reject a significant number of posts in the aforementioned threads, either due to the posts not being in English, or because people are posting randoms images from random profiles. It is therefore time to enforce some rules in these threads, and it is our request that everyone follows these rules in order to avoid further posts being rejected (and further work for moderators).

Thanks for sorting it out.
These are not for the Trophy or Rare of the week contest, sorry for the confusion. These are just standard posting rules for The TruRACS and Rares thread, the rejection part is in reference to the new people whose posts need to be approved by a moderator and many were getting rejected.
Longmann
Scout

Post by Longmann »

TreeKiwi wrote:These are not for the Trophy or Rare of the week contest, sorry for the confusion. These are just standard posting rules for The TruRACS and Rares thread, the rejection part is in reference to the new people whose posts need to be approved by a moderator and many were getting rejected.
OK, if you say so. It would make sense that it was intended for everybody, including members whose posts don't need to be approved. Noted. ;)
Spoiler:
J_Birdman
Hunter

Post by J_Birdman »

TreeKiwi wrote:
TriRap02 wrote:my guess is 35,000 magpie geese
Congratulations, you have won the guessing game!

The total number of shot Magpie Geese was 35,772.

Could you please send me a PM to confirm your Hunter name and I can transfer the em$.

Thanks!
About double what I was thinking, wow. The last player to take a guess, I like your style, well done TriRap! :)

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”