Game Update - 25th April 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Pretty_Boy
Outfitter

Re: Game Update - 25th April 2018

Post by Pretty_Boy »

RidgeBack69 wrote:
Pretty_Boy wrote:I'we tested in the lake where the teaser picture showed, with a 24/24 setup on the west side of the lake. None of the breaking geese landed in the lake, but instead hided in all the bushes around. Even tho I got so turned off, I continued to try other locations for hours. Now I'we hunted for 10 hours in-game, tested 3 different setup locations, with 4 propelers and a waterfowl blind and used callers. Just a few times I got them to break. After breaking I used the short caller, but they did not obay or landed far away. I guess this is just a bad day, or are there some secrets I don't know about? :lol:
Did you bye chance try the beaches?
No, I did not try the beaches. I tried down the river from the west lodge, towards the swamp ares. I made a setup where it was a wide passage over to the other side of river. The geese that broke never landed on the wide area passage, not even close to me, but far away. I'we got 7000 Canadian geese, so I thought I knew how to get a few of these new ones. It was like my decoys and callers did not work. Well to be exact when I think about now, the geese heard my short caller once, it was in my first setup, he was flying 3m above my blind and landed in the bushes behind me. In my last hunt I had 5 groups of geese flying over my head, none of them broke out of the flock. But I had 3 major lag spikes that I can not record I'we been having on Piccabeen before, this was not while calling on geese. But I know from history that attraction from hog feeders can be bugged if I move the feeders (Loggers Point), maybe this is what I experience with moving of my goose decoys? But of course, I can also just have very bad luck! Lets wait and see what other hunters experience :)

SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

I gotta say I really like the new geese! Using the bundle provided I got 20 geese in about 40min after which I wandered around a bit looking for places to put up other spreads.

I will post so you can see the location of my spread. https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/soft ... /602528155

Pretty_Boy
Outfitter

Post by Pretty_Boy »

SoftShoe wrote:I gotta say I really like the new geese! Using the bundle provided I got 20 geese in about 40min after which I wandered around a bit looking for places to put up other spreads.

I will post so you can see the location of my spread. https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/soft ... /602528155
Thanks a lot for the coordinates, I gonna try soon, just have to wake up first :D

TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

New albino skins again? That's awesome! Very excited to see it. Not a goose person, but the skins are enough for me.
nachthexe
Hunter

Post by nachthexe »

I was a bit perplexed that these geese do not have skin between their toes. I googled and found that these birds are basically a living fossil on a seperate branch from all other geese. That explains the not webbed toes I guess. :)
Code: Select all

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”