Status Update - 25th April 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
ArwenerI
Spotter

Re: Status Update - 25th April 2018

Post by ArwenerI »

I know that ducks and canada geese released before new hunter score so they were set at 4000 harvests its make sense but since new geese released after new hunter score why dont you let it at 1000 max? Its about having fun? What about other animals or weapons?
Prinz1989
Hunter

Post by Prinz1989 »

Mills wrote:My guess to the new gameplay enhancement is the ability to whistle to stop the animals from moving so you can pull off the most ethical shot possible. Been requested for a long time.
COTW has it so maybe.
I would love that.
Mills
Outfitter

Post by Mills »

Prinz1989 wrote:
Mills wrote:My guess to the new gameplay enhancement is the ability to whistle to stop the animals from moving so you can pull off the most ethical shot possible. Been requested for a long time.
COTW has it so maybe.
I would love that.
It does? What's the button?
chewik
Outfitter

Post by chewik »

Mills wrote:It does? What's the button?
I think (but not 100% sure now) it is one of the skills, so You have to unlock it.
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

chewik wrote:
Mills wrote:It does? What's the button?
I think (but not 100% sure now) it is one of the skills, so You have to unlock it.
No, it’s not a skill as far as I remember, you just press the Spacebar (default).
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

Mills wrote:
Prinz1989 wrote:
COTW has it so maybe.
I would love that.
It's a skill, of the active variety if I remember correctly.
Spoiler:
Mills
Outfitter

Post by Mills »

BuiuRei wrote:
Mills wrote:
Prinz1989 wrote:
COTW has it so maybe.
I would love that.
It's a skill, of the active variety if I remember correctly.
Good to know. Been getting back into that game recently as well.
Stealthhunter
Tracker

Post by Stealthhunter »

Thx for the update. I am guessing the new feature could be different seasons for each of the maps. If you look at the camo clothing for Piccabeen, it says "Visual Reduction: Excellent vs. all species in all areas of Piccabeen Bay all year around*"
Please click this link if you are interested in joining up to the UHCapps site. You can win prizes and earn points to get em on the UHCapps
aussieshooter
Spotter

Post by aussieshooter »

First off: Well done EW, I have just gone hunting the new geese and found them to be awesome fun to hunt. Like the sound, they look great and think they will be a great addition to a reserve I haven't hunted a lot. Also their size may make those who hate duck hunting more affable to hunting them.

Bought the bundle, but agree with most here, that a tent would've been a better option than a weapon.

I can also confirm a random crash error. I had hunted for about half hour, collected maybe 25ish birds, and then went to my tent to try out some different clothing/glasses and wham, CTD. No warning at all. So possibly related to going to the tent and changing clothes??? Of course, it could be just a random issue as well. Lol.

Again, I think these birds will be a success.
D3AKUs
Hunter

Post by D3AKUs »

Thanks for the update.

My guess for the feature...
Look how the male sheep is placed right in front of the tree. Like it would want to ram/rub his horns on the tree. I guess we get new animal interactions/animations with the environment for horn/antler species. Those could be cool for tracking and maybe give audio clues too while hunting. I have read here from time to time that people would want those kind of realistic/immersive animations and animal behaviours.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”