theHunter: Classic Player Survey 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

theHunter: Classic Player Survey 2018

Post by TreeKiwi »

Hello Hunters!

It is that time of the year again when you get your chance to have a say in which direction the game should go!

Depending on how fast you are, the Survey is estimated to take 5-10mins and this year we have included a little incentive in the form of a chance to win 1000em$! To be eligible all you have to do is complete the form in its entirety and then enter your in game hunter name. We will randomly select three winners and the em$ will be transferred directly into your account. So make sure you enter you in game hunter name correctly :)

The survey will be open for 2 weeks:

Click Here To Participate

We thank you all in advance, you are a great community to work with and we are looking forward to see the results!

TK
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Re: theHunter: Classic Player Survey 2018

Post by caledonianblues »

Thanks for the survey. However, for an important survey that potentially drives the product roadmap, I would strongly recommend using a proper survey platform such as Survey Monkey. That's what was always used before for these annual surveys. This Google one can be filled in over and over again by the same user, so the results are already pretty much null and void I would say :?

Under the question about which new features we would like to see in the game, 25% of the answers involve fishing (one being fishing and another being a specific type of fishing)! I know fishing would probably be a hit for some players, but I sincerely hope you guys stick to doing what you do best and focus on being a hunting game. Fishing games don't add hunting as a side-option for a reason.
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

Are you saying that I can do the survey multiple times? :shock:
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

fantamichele wrote:Are you saying that I can do the survey multiple times? :shock:
I wouldn't encourage it, but yes, you can. The only way on Google to restrict that is to force people to log in with a Gmail account, which would obviously not work in this context as it would alienate too many respondents.
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

caledonianblues wrote:
fantamichele wrote:Are you saying that I can do the survey multiple times? :shock:
I wouldn't encourage it, but yes, you can. The only way on Google to restrict that is to force people to log in with a Gmail account, which would obviously not work in this context as it would alienate too many respondents.
If so I think the survey failed at the start
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

caledonianblues wrote:I know fishing would probably be a hit for some players, but I sincerely hope you guys stick to doing what you do best and focus on being a hunting game. Fishing games don't add hunting as a side-option for a reason.
Not only that, but fishing would not really fit into any skill based game, but rather into a slot machine type of game. Same goes for trapping. Lots of sales potetntial for EW though. :D
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Ringalor
Tracker

Post by Ringalor »

Done !
J_Birdman
Hunter

Post by J_Birdman »

EW, is it really true we can fill this poll multiple times?
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

caledonianblues wrote: Under the question about which new features we would like to see in the game, 25% of the answers involve fishing (one being fishing and another being a specific type of fishing)! I know fishing would probably be a hit for some players, but I sincerely hope you guys stick to doing what you do best and focus on being a hunting game. Fishing games don't add hunting as a side-option for a reason.
Agreed but bowfishing I could see working. The mechanics involved are the same as currently used so would think it wouldnt be to large a departure. If you have never tried bowfishing I heartily recommend it, its ridiculously fun!

I just took the survey (once) & found it interesting. As you all know, there are 3 kinds of lies. Lies, damned lies & statistics. I would be interested in seeing the statistics this survey generates.

What was illuminating for me was to see what things EW has simmering as potential avenues as demonstrated by the questions asked.

JamboWhoDat
Hunter

Post by JamboWhoDat »

J_Birdman wrote:EW, is it really true we can fill this poll multiple times?
If true then this survey is useless. Since the people willing to put in the most time and effort and can easily skew the results to their favor. Just imagine someone who loves ptarmigans completing the survey over and over again for a thousand times to get more ptarmigans added to the game.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”