theHunter: Classic Player Survey 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Re: theHunter: Classic Player Survey 2018

Post by Generalkommendant »

TreeKiwi wrote:...We have made it compulsory to include your hunter name now and we will run a query against out database at the end of the survey and delete all invalid responses.
Thumbs up! Thanks for the survey! Nice weekend!
Ringalor
Tracker

Post by Ringalor »

TreeKiwi wrote:Hey guys,

Thanks for your concern, whatever online survey tool is used, people can always find ways to take them multiple times if they are motivated enough. Be it creating more usernames or using VPN’s. We have made it compulsory to include your hunter name now and we will run a query against out database at the end of the survey and delete all invalid responses. Not taking the survey does not actually help anything and participating in the survey helps to ensure the correct information gets to the Devs. We already have a great idea what the community wants and this survey is used more to help confirm we are on the correct path and perhaps we get some good ideas that we might have overlooked. This survey format was used this year for the COTW survey and had great results. It would take lots of dedicated people to shift the results significantly. It is also worth noting that in some parts of the survey, we are doing a little bit of ‘Fishing’ ourselves and trying to feel out the community with other ideas, like any good company would be doing. Just because they are in there, doesn’t mean they will happen.

If we have any doubts with the results, we can review the way the surveys are done in the future and proceed from there.

Have a good weekend all,

TK
Thanks TreeKiwi and good weekend to you...
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

TreeKiwi wrote:Hey guys,

Thanks for your concern, whatever online survey tool is used, people can always find ways to take them multiple times if they are motivated enough. Be it creating more usernames or using VPN’s. We have made it compulsory to include your hunter name now and we will run a query against out database at the end of the survey and delete all invalid responses. Not taking the survey does not actually help anything and participating in the survey helps to ensure the correct information gets to the Devs. We already have a great idea what the community wants and this survey is used more to help confirm we are on the correct path and perhaps we get some good ideas that we might have overlooked. This survey format was used this year for the COTW survey and had great results. It would take lots of dedicated people to shift the results significantly. It is also worth noting that in some parts of the survey, we are doing a little bit of ‘Fishing’ ourselves and trying to feel out the community with other ideas, like any good company would be doing. Just because they are in there, doesn’t mean they will happen.

If we have any doubts with the results, we can review the way the surveys are done in the future and proceed from there.

Have a good weekend all,

TK
I'm not a computer person, so this may be the wrong question. EW, if you can mine all of that data at the end of the survey, why can't you publish (say for 48 hours or some other time determined) the results for ALL participants in holiday and other special events, instead of just the top 100? The argument that no one will see it is invalid, IF you made the announcement of such a list in the original post about the event.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Mills
Outfitter

Post by Mills »

Did the survey. Haven't seen Africa on the list in the surveys for quite some time now. Hopefully you folks have a plan for it sometime soon. COTW would do good with an African reserve as well. But ya, DO NOT waste time with fishing. There's other games out there for that. I want theHunter to stay theHunter.
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

OK I filled it out 36 times and requested more upland game birds.
Spoiler:
Just Kidding :lol: :lol: I only filled it out once and did not pick game birds
Spoiler:
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Did the survey. Lots of personal questions at the beginning. Hope EW is not just mining demographics for sale. The only complaint I have about the questions. Some could only accept one answer, where more than one choice was relevant.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

Thanks for the feedback Stan. I will go and have a look at the questions again. Some are designed so we get your most desired option and some have three choices. All the information we gather is exclusively for our use and we will not release individuals information.
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

Any chance you will release the overall results? I think it would be interesting for us all to catch a glimpse at the pulse of the community.

TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

I will have to find out mate, I am actually not sure historicaly if this has been done!
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Usually parts, some of the answers, have been revealed in the past...
Image Image Image

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”