theHunter: Classic Player Survey 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
fantamichele
Outfitter

Re: theHunter: Classic Player Survey 2018

Post by fantamichele »

JamboWhoDat wrote:
J_Birdman wrote:EW, is it really true we can fill this poll multiple times?
If true then this survey is useless. Since the people willing to put in the most time and effort and can easily skew the results to their favor. Just imagine someone who loves ptarmigans completing the survey over and over again for a thousand times to get more ptarmigans added to the game.
I do not think there are masochists in this game :lol:
J_Birdman
Hunter

Post by J_Birdman »

JamboWhoDat wrote:
J_Birdman wrote:EW, is it really true we can fill this poll multiple times?
If true then this survey is useless. Since the people willing to put in the most time and effort and can easily skew the results to their favor. Just imagine someone who loves ptarmigans completing the survey over and over again for a thousand times to get more ptarmigans added to the game.
It's a simple yes or no question. Since EW doesn't want to reply I'm just going to assume yes, we can fill out the poll as many times as we want. And so yes, this renders the poll useless, so I for one will not be wasting my time with it. Congrats to whomever wins this em$ giveaway.
nachthexe
Hunter

Post by nachthexe »

Nobody accused EW to be highly professional, ever! :)
Code: Select all
outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Post by outrider »

humm, now they want your name for the survey :( , even if you don't want a chance to win 1000em$.......i guess to find out who saying what....
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

Generalkommendant
Hunter

Post by Generalkommendant »

So, just sent in the survey for the 10 000 time. And I have two whole weeks to go! Making progress in the way I want. :lol:
No, seriously! They'll have to fix this asap. I can do the survey again if necessary. No problem. As long as everyone only can do it ONCE. Come on?
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

nachthexe wrote:Nobody accused EW to be highly professional, ever! :)
Y'all really should cut EW a little slack. To crucify they for every mis step.

I will give y'all a glimpse at what its like to be at the top of the ladder. You think think the boss has all the answers? Think again, they are just like you doing the best they can & trusting to subordinates to come up with the best solution but that doesnt always happen. Contrast that with a pool of hundreds of individuals with many & varied backgrounds. Some of which do know better, most of which think they know better all of whom are convinced they are right. Cast in that light EW can never win. There is always someone who has a better idea or who will 2nd guess them at every turn.

When confronted with those types I always have one thing to say. Show me what you built.

Generalkommendant
Hunter

We can't have a survey when its similar to an election in North Korea. Useless.
Prinz1989
Hunter

Post by Prinz1989 »

Ok not gonna take this poll if it can be filled out multiple times.
As for fishing: god no! I hope they leave that out.

(Also I never understood the hate for ptarmigans. They bring some life to places that otherwise would mean long boring stalks with only one species around.)
Generalkommendant
Hunter

HooCairs wrote:
caledonianblues wrote:I know fishing would probably be a hit for some players, but I sincerely hope you guys stick to doing what you do best and focus on being a hunting game. Fishing games don't add hunting as a side-option for a reason.
Not only that, but fishing would not really fit into any skill based game, but rather into a slot machine type of game. Same goes for trapping. Lots of sales potetntial for EW though. :D
If anybody wants to fish they can do it in "Fishing planet" or something similar. Please don't put down effort in making that possible in theHunter!
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

Hey guys,

Thanks for your concern, whatever online survey tool is used, people can always find ways to take them multiple times if they are motivated enough. Be it creating more usernames or using VPN’s. We have made it compulsory to include your hunter name now and we will run a query against out database at the end of the survey and delete all invalid responses. Not taking the survey does not actually help anything and participating in the survey helps to ensure the correct information gets to the Devs. We already have a great idea what the community wants and this survey is used more to help confirm we are on the correct path and perhaps we get some good ideas that we might have overlooked. This survey format was used this year for the COTW survey and had great results. It would take lots of dedicated people to shift the results significantly. It is also worth noting that in some parts of the survey, we are doing a little bit of ‘Fishing’ ourselves and trying to feel out the community with other ideas, like any good company would be doing. Just because they are in there, doesn’t mean they will happen.

If we have any doubts with the results, we can review the way the surveys are done in the future and proceed from there.

Have a good weekend all,

TK

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”