theHunter: Classic Player Survey 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
VonStratos
Outfitter

Re: theHunter: Classic Player Survey 2018

Post by VonStratos »

jsakic wrote:
\m/ wrote:Fishing, atvs, beachsoccer at brr-coast, or flying around with a heli would be a nice addition to a hunting game.
Option: Prehistoric mode 10,000 BC :)

postscriptum: survey completed

Cough "The Hunter: primal" cough

I voted for fishing, sure it could bring a lot of new possibilities in gameplay terms, and not to mention monetization, but also new bugs, still if they include thing options like fishing, horse or Africa in the survey i want to believe they are willing and/or have the capacity to do it, if not there is not too much point in include that options in a survey, after all by example as Generalkommendant said 90% probably would choose Africa, and i'm pretty sure the devs know that whiteout the survey, so why include if they cant make it anyway? i guess at any point if even far, that options are a real possibility, small but real.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

Africa was discussed in this topic : https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.p ... EO#p854612

Alena said :

Q: Will we ever see Africa? Is there a reason why it hasn't been implemented yet? It's easily one of the most popular selections in the polls and would provide tons of really great realistic hunting opportunities.

Africa has been discussed for years and years and has been (almost) brought into the roadmap a couple of times. There are a lot of reasons why it hasn’t happened yet, one of them is because it’s a huge risk production-wise for such a small team as ours, it would take a hell lot of development time and resources. It’s not cheap to develop a game. Then there is an ethical aspect which is one of our main pillars in theHunter Classic that we treat extremely seriously, and we won’t be adding Africa until we feel that our game design in that respect is 100% bulletproof.
I don’t want to rule out the possibility of Africa completely though. It might happen one day but there are a lot of question marks that we would need to tackle first.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

honestly i think its more the ethical side than anything and the business risk of doing so.look at any dentist who shoots a lion for eg.its the most trending hate thing across the internet.i can remember once linking a article on here where pim discussed why africa was never going to happen.article is no longer on the internet, vanished ! . i know searched for it a while back.i think africa would be amazing could be done if done and handled right.

the thing is would you risk it ? as alena says there a small team. if it is truly seperated from avalanche. i dont know. if people jumped on theHunter for doing africa could have massive business complications.also there is cotw. which is maybe only just starting and a hunter brand.everything now days is positivity.so would africa bring more negativity than postive ? lots of complications could happen from doing africa and i think that probably why it wont happen.

it is the most requested reserve here. we all know that. i said that earlier. do we want the team to risk possibly the game to make it ? gameplay wise hell yes ! logically probably no.business head possibly no.then again if its the most requested reserve then financially it maybe boost the game more than any one thing added in the games history.so one hand risk and the other reward.or...do every other reserve but africa and not have to risk anything.the only thing with that everytime people mention a new reserve is coming no matter what you do when you announce it there is that slight arrr its not africa in your mind.

its actually quite a interesting and complicated debate of whether to do africa or not.so many angles bases to cover for and against.
moyal
Spotter

Post by moyal »

FR_Bugs wrote: Alena said :
...there is an ethical aspect which is one of our main pillars in theHunter Classic that we treat extremely seriously...
When one reads some of the prose that comes with the missions, one could hardly belief it.
Mills
Outfitter

Post by Mills »

Can someone please tell me what is so unethical about hunting kudu, impala, eland, wildebeest... etc? Also the whole ethical debate over Africa is just rubbish. We're already hunting polar bears/bison/wolves. This is a game and not doing Africa because you're afraid of the negative publicity is a poor excuse. Theres been a ton of games who've already done Africa. I remember playing Cabelas African Safari awhile back. It would have to be probably one of my favourite Cabelas titles... which doesn't say much but still. As far as I remember I did not hear any public backlash over it. Also, last I checked I could go and download a game where I go around ruthlessly slaughtering unsuspecting campers for fun.
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Mills wrote:Can someone please tell me what is so unethical about hunting kudu, impala, eland, wildebeest... etc? Also the whole ethical debate over Africa is just rubbish. We're already hunting polar bears/bison/wolves. This is a game and not doing Africa because you're afraid of the negative publicity is a poor excuse. Theres been a ton of games who've already done Africa. I remember playing Cabelas African Safari awhile back. It would have to be probably one of my favourite Cabelas titles... which doesn't say much but still. As far as I remember I did not hear any public backlash over it. Also, last I checked I could go and download a game where I go around ruthlessly slaughtering unsuspecting campers for fun.
Nothing. We have places to hunt in N. America, do we call it America for Animals that aren't allowed to be hunted?
the last I checked it they were called WHI, SC, TT, blah, blah, blah.
If they made some map with Kudu, Impala, Eland, Wildebeest, Lions, Leopards, Cape Buffalo, blah, blah, blah,..
it would probably be named, "Bwana Boom Wana" not "AFRICA",... so who would even care?
It's a freakin' game. We could have Zombies in the game and nobody would care!!!!
We've already had Werewolves................ :roll:
Do you think that people care if they even put a "War Zone" into this game? something like C.O.D.?
It's called self confidence in what they can do.
Just do it.. and no more worrying about getting over that hurdle.
LihaSami

Post by LihaSami »

:) Amen to that.
WolfLQ
Tracker

Post by WolfLQ »

FR_Bugs wrote:Africa was discussed in this topic : https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.p ... EO#p854612

Alena said :

Q: Will we ever see Africa? Is there a reason why it hasn't been implemented yet? It's easily one of the most popular selections in the polls and would provide tons of really great realistic hunting opportunities.

Africa has been discussed for years and years and has been (almost) brought into the roadmap a couple of times. There are a lot of reasons why it hasn’t happened yet, one of them is because it’s a huge risk production-wise for such a small team as ours, it would take a hell lot of development time and resources. It’s not cheap to develop a game. Then there is an ethical aspect which is one of our main pillars in theHunter Classic that we treat extremely seriously, and we won’t be adding Africa until we feel that our game design in that respect is 100% bulletproof.
I don’t want to rule out the possibility of Africa completely though. It might happen one day but there are a lot of question marks that we would need to tackle first.
Yet we can shoot as many polar bears as we want, which is a H*LL of a lot more controversial (due to climate change) than hunting ANYTHING in Africa. :roll: If someone's going to get upset about hunting lions and elephants, they're going to go bananas over the polar bears.
(Not a newbie! Back after a few years hiatus.)
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

Well the whole thing about Africa being too controversial for theHunter is bs this is a hunting game and most of us will never get to hunt the African big 5 any other way.
Well If you have a extra 150,000 USD you can. This is the first thing to come up in a google search: https://www.discountafricanhunts.com/hu ... big-5.html

permits can be bought in Africa for any of these animals and not introducing them into this game because of bad publicity is just like not hunting your favorite whitetail spot because P.I.T.A was seen in the area. Me I would field dress it in there view and then offer them the gut pile.

Not to mention the sales left behind with new permitted weapons (most of the calibers we have won't work) and what ever other gear the EW team could develop.
Spoiler:
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

ronMctube wrote:
HooCairs wrote:
caledonianblues wrote:I know fishing would probably be a hit for some players, but I sincerely hope you guys stick to doing what you do best and focus on being a hunting game. Fishing games don't add hunting as a side-option for a reason.
Not only that, but fishing would not really fit into any skill based game, but rather into a slot machine type of game. Same goes for trapping. Lots of sales potetntial for EW though. :D
as for skill based game. what skill is in theHunter ? this is no skill based game. not as such.theHunter score system isnt based on skill.thats the whole back bone system of the game.its just buy a weapon and shoot numerous animals thats one of the reasons i never personally bothered with it.
The hunter score has nothing to do with skills, but I didn't say that.

However there are many skills that you build over time and get better. How do deal with each species, how to track, how close can you get, how to lure and then prepare for the shot, bow hunting, airshots with the shotguns and handguns, dealing with different areas, and some other stuff where experience and exercise helps. Everyone can have a trophy animal in the spawn, but when you need to bow shoot it, or when a heart shot is required, there will be some that succeed and some that won't. ;)
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”