theHunter: Classic Player Survey 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
kevin2106
Hunter

Re: theHunter: Classic Player Survey 2018

Post by kevin2106 »

InstinctiveArcher wrote:Finished. I agree that I really don't think fishing should be in the game, and I certainly don't like the idea of motorized transportation. That could be a MP nightmare. If anything maybe a horse, but I still just prefer going at it on foot. Didn't expect to see it, but I was still disappointed to see no Africa option. Oh well, I'm excited to see what 2018 holds in store for us.
Maybe Africa is already in the roadmap? :D

Ringolf
Spotter

Post by Ringolf »

kevin2106 wrote:
InstinctiveArcher wrote:Finished. I agree that I really don't think fishing should be in the game, and I certainly don't like the idea of motorized transportation. That could be a MP nightmare. If anything maybe a horse, but I still just prefer going at it on foot. Didn't expect to see it, but I was still disappointed to see no Africa option. Oh well, I'm excited to see what 2018 holds in store for us.
Maybe Africa is already in the roadmap? :D
Either that, or they don't need a survey to know that Africa is popular ;)
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Post by Generalkommendant »

They know that 90%ish would vote "Africa".
neonpossum
Tracker

Post by neonpossum »

Filled it! Really hoping to see a Japan or China reserve some time!
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

TreeKiwi wrote:Hey guys,

Thanks for your concern, whatever online survey tool is used, people can always find ways to take them multiple times if they are motivated enough. Be it creating more usernames or using VPN’s. We have made it compulsory to include your hunter name now and we will run a query against out database at the end of the survey and delete all invalid responses. Not taking the survey does not actually help anything and participating in the survey helps to ensure the correct information gets to the Devs. We already have a great idea what the community wants and this survey is used more to help confirm we are on the correct path and perhaps we get some good ideas that we might have overlooked. This survey format was used this year for the COTW survey and had great results. It would take lots of dedicated people to shift the results significantly. It is also worth noting that in some parts of the survey, we are doing a little bit of ‘Fishing’ ourselves and trying to feel out the community with other ideas, like any good company would be doing. Just because they are in there, doesn’t mean they will happen.

If we have any doubts with the results, we can review the way the surveys are done in the future and proceed from there.

Have a good weekend all,

TK
sorry to drag this up again but if youre going to match in game names up with the survey whats to stop people form just going through the names in the comps or leaderboards and just entering them?. sure it would take many surveys to create a difference band you run the risk of putting someones elses name into the draw not to mention deny them the chance to legitimately cast an opinion but this is now an issue we previously didnt have. not to mention you've also alienated those who wished to remain anonymous for whatever reason. can get my head around these steps backwards.
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Post by Generalkommendant »

L3M182 wrote:
TreeKiwi wrote:Hey guys,

Thanks for your concern, whatever online survey tool is used, people can always find ways to take them multiple times if they are motivated enough. Be it creating more usernames or using VPN’s. We have made it compulsory to include your hunter name now and we will run a query against out database at the end of the survey and delete all invalid responses. Not taking the survey does not actually help anything and participating in the survey helps to ensure the correct information gets to the Devs. We already have a great idea what the community wants and this survey is used more to help confirm we are on the correct path and perhaps we get some good ideas that we might have overlooked. This survey format was used this year for the COTW survey and had great results. It would take lots of dedicated people to shift the results significantly. It is also worth noting that in some parts of the survey, we are doing a little bit of ‘Fishing’ ourselves and trying to feel out the community with other ideas, like any good company would be doing. Just because they are in there, doesn’t mean they will happen.

If we have any doubts with the results, we can review the way the surveys are done in the future and proceed from there.

Have a good weekend all,

TK
sorry to drag this up again but if youre going to match in game names up with the survey whats to stop people form just going through the names in the comps or leaderboards and just entering them?. sure it would take many surveys to create a difference band you run the risk of putting someones elses name into the draw not to mention deny them the chance to legitimately cast an opinion but this is now an issue we previously didnt have. not to mention you've also alienated those who wished to remain anonymous for whatever reason. can get my head around these steps backwards.
Didn't want to mention it on the forum but I thought the exact same thing, after the statement.
I'm sorry this is the case.

EW, don't get me wrong here. But I have a friend playing (I can give you his name in a PM if you'd want me to) the hunter. We started playing together at the same time. He's in Thailand as of now. I was speaking with him yesterday and I mentioned the survey going on. I didn't read ALL the questions up loud to him ('cause he didn't want me to) but the majority and that being the "important ones". I know where he's from and what broadwidth he has, so to speak. We shared almost the same views on exactly everything except of one or two topics. I was truthful to him and I MADE his survey. Of course the reason for doing so is that I know he wanted to have his say, not to mention be part of the prize draw.

But who couldn't scroll down the member/guest list, and state their name, with their own purposes? That truly sucks. :(
outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Post by outrider »

the purpose of surveys are to get the % of what the people think. not to see what one person is thinking....i won't do another survey that requires me to say who in am...if you don't want or don't like my opinion, then don't ask me...so much for 'right to privacy".......
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

HooCairs wrote:
caledonianblues wrote:I know fishing would probably be a hit for some players, but I sincerely hope you guys stick to doing what you do best and focus on being a hunting game. Fishing games don't add hunting as a side-option for a reason.
Not only that, but fishing would not really fit into any skill based game, but rather into a slot machine type of game. Same goes for trapping. Lots of sales potetntial for EW though. :D
im guessing david doesnt like fishing. :D . the pair go hand in hand with hunting.also the additions possible for content would of endless.i personally think though the fishing boat has sailed for theHunter classic doing fishing.the oppurtunity was there few years ago.they thought about it .never happened.then companies made the fishing games and they were very popular.so what was needed for then has been catered for now. also if we were doing popular then surely africa would get its chance.every year since this game began the most popular requested reserve is africa.reasons i mainly wanted fishing is to bring extra people to the game.which is important.especially in the later life of this game.people may come for fishing but try hunting because its related.which it is.anyone who hunts most likely fishes.one reason i can see why people wouldnt want fishing added as it would probably slow up theHunter side of things.which isnt what many would want.

as for skill based game. what skill is in theHunter ? this is no skill based game. not as such.theHunter score system isnt based on skill.thats the whole back bone system of the game.its just buy a weapon and shoot numerous animals thats one of the reasons i never personally bothered with it.if it was based on specific sizes and trophy animals only, i guess you could have a skill part to the game. but... basically its system isnt skill related.just kill as many animals as possible.with a new item.nothingh skill related about it.infact a skill related theHunter score would be one of the best things to be introduced into the game.one id love to see happen.would be worth doing. ;) . the thing is that wouldnt promote sales so i guess that wouldnt happen.it would bring skill into the game though for those that want to reflect the skill of playing for the criteria set.

imagine those that grinded shooting thousands of animals of no real score though with new weapons.would of been a waste of time.at least it would be skill based though not time spent.or money spent.thats also another reason why you probably wont see a skill based system as it would detract from the sales machine of the current hunter score board.people would concentrate on actually being skilled and not just buying weapons or grinding out shooting 500/1000 animals.

id personally do a system like theHunter signature.with all the species.upto max score and give a hunter score based on that.shows a all round hunter skill at hunting them and not based on one species.also grinding or buying items doesnt base on theHunter skill score.so it would come down to actual hunter skill.many could be proud of. ;)

shame about the survey system.if it is abused cant see it happening too much though.how many of us is going to spend hundreds of hrs to spam something we really want ? cant see even the most devoted theHunter player doing africa,africa,africa,africa all day. :lol:

as with any survey we all have different opinions,views.its good to gauge what we all want rather than a few speaking out to maybe guide what is next. ;) . will fill the survey out now. :D
Pittie
Hunter

Post by Pittie »

ronMctube wrote:
HooCairs wrote:
caledonianblues wrote:I know fishing would probably be a hit for some players, but I sincerely hope you guys stick to doing what you do best and focus on being a hunting game. Fishing games don't add hunting as a side-option for a reason.
Not only that, but fishing would not really fit into any skill based game, but rather into a slot machine type of game. Same goes for trapping. Lots of sales potetntial for EW though. :D
im guessing david doesnt like fishing. :D . the pair go hand in hand with hunting.also the additions possible for content would of endless.i personally think though the fishing boat has sailed for theHunter classic doing fishing.the oppurtunity was there few years ago.they thought about it .never happened.then companies made the fishing games and they were very popular.so what was needed for then has been catered for now. also if we were doing popular then surely africa would get its chance.every year since this game began the most popular requested reserve is africa.reasons i mainly wanted fishing is to bring extra people to the game.which is important.especially in the later life of this game.people may come for fishing but try hunting because its related.which it is.anyone who hunts most likely fishes.one reason i can see why people wouldnt want fishing added as it would probably slow up theHunter side of things.which isnt what many would want.

as for skill based game. what skill is in theHunter ? this is no skill based game. not as such.theHunter score system isnt based on skill.thats the whole back bone system of the game.its just buy a weapon and shoot numerous animals thats one of the reasons i never personally bothered with it.if it was based on specific sizes and trophy animals only, i guess you could have a skill part to the game. but... basically its system isnt skill related.just kill as many animals as possible.with a new item.nothingh skill related about it.infact a skill related theHunter score would be one of the best things to be introduced into the game.one id love to see happen.would be worth doing. ;) . the thing is that wouldnt promote sales so i guess that wouldnt happen.it would bring skill into the game though for those that want to reflect the skill of playing for the criteria set.

imagine those that grinded shooting thousands of animals of no real score though with new weapons.would of been a waste of time.at least it would be skill based though not time spent.or money spent.thats also another reason why you probably wont see a skill based system as it would detract from the sales machine of the current hunter score board.people would concentrate on actually being skilled and not just buying weapons or grinding out shooting 500/1000 animals.

id personally do a system like theHunter signature.with all the species.upto max score and give a hunter score based on that.shows a all round hunter skill at hunting them and not based on one species.also grinding or buying items doesnt base on theHunter skill score.so it would come down to actual hunter skill.many could be proud of. ;)

shame about the survey system.if it is abused cant see it happening too much though.how many of us is going to spend hundreds of hrs to spam something we really want ? cant see even the most devoted theHunter player doing africa,africa,africa,africa all day. :lol:

as with any survey we all have different opinions,views.its good to gauge what we all want rather than a few speaking out to maybe guide what is next. ;) . will fill the survey out now. :D
Nice post. I agree. :)
Regards Pittie
Sorry for my english

caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

ronMctube wrote:im guessing david doesnt like fishing.
Actually I love fishing. I also enjoy fishing games, and fishing mini-games. The one in Far Cry 5 is great fun and I've spent ages playing around with it. But this game is made by a tiny team of about a dozen people. I would much prefer them to focus on other things. That's my only reason for not wanting fishing in theHunter.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”