theHunter: Classic Player Survey 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
haruorhs
Spotter

Re: theHunter: Classic Player Survey 2018

Post by haruorhs »

caledonianblues wrote:
ronMctube wrote:im guessing david doesnt like fishing.
Actually I love fishing. I also enjoy fishing games, and fishing mini-games. The one in Far Cry 5 is great fun and I've spent ages playing around with it. But this game is made by a tiny team of about a dozen people. I would much prefer them to focus on other things. That's my only reason for not wanting fishing in theHunter.
I agree with David, that would change the focus of the game a bit, and consequently would overwhelm the developers :!:
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

i did say that fishing would of been a great addition.the boat has sailed now.no point.also that it may take away from the hunting side development or slow it down.the thing is many more people here may want fishing added to the game that maybe just a few who dont.thats the point of a survey.to try and gauge what people actually want ! never be guided by people vote for what you want.that way if it happens you will enjoy it.
\m/
Outfitter

Post by \m/ »

Fishing, atvs, beachsoccer at brr-coast, or flying around with a heli would be a nice addition to a hunting game. With the few devs it should be done fast, after that focus again on hunting and bugfixing :)
Now offline. Forever.
jsakic

Post by jsakic »

\m/ wrote:Fishing, atvs, beachsoccer at brr-coast, or flying around with a heli would be a nice addition to a hunting game.
Option: Prehistoric mode 10,000 BC :)

postscriptum: survey completed
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

Generalkommendant wrote:They know that 90%ish would vote "Africa".
BINGO!

jsakic

Post by jsakic »

SoftShoe wrote:
Generalkommendant wrote:They know that 90%ish would vote "Africa".
BINGO!
The reserve in Africa will be controversial. A lot of animals are under protection. Although in TH you can shoot at polar bears :?:

EDIT: ... but in Call of Duty we hunt for other types of "animals" and there is no problem with that :o :lol:
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

jsakic wrote:
The reserve in Africa will be controversial. A lot of animals are under protection.
While I dont agree with it, I get the tree hugger mentality. Good sense prevents that mentality from bleeding over into virtual trees as well. Being able to hunt protected species is where video games come in. If you wanted to hunt the most protected species of all just play COD or GTA.

Its ironic how people will get themselves worked up over bambi getting shot or a beached whale but shrug & change the channel at a drive by shooting.

fon_Belkrofft_DK
Outfitter

Post by fon_Belkrofft_DK »

And where the beavers, who are all breaking us ... reptiles)))))
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Post by Generalkommendant »

SoftShoe wrote:
jsakic wrote:
The reserve in Africa will be controversial. A lot of animals are under protection.
While I dont agree with it, I get the tree hugger mentality. Good sense prevents that mentality from bleeding over into virtual trees as well. Being able to hunt protected species is where video games come in. If you wanted to hunt the most protected species of all just play COD or GTA.

Its ironic how people will get themselves worked up over bambi getting shot or a beached whale but shrug & change the channel at a drive by shooting.
Haha, spot on! We can shoot pixeled people (and in real life, don't really bother sometimes at all), but people objects to shoot pixeled african game. However. There are maaany species in Africa. They could, at least, compromise, If they have such an apparent issue with the most wanted type of reserve of them all. Disturbingly overwhelmingly in fact.
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

jsakic wrote:
The reserve in Africa will be controversial. A lot of animals are under protection. Although in TH you can shoot at polar bears :?:
Polar bears are perfectly legal to hunt. In fact it benefits the species.

I don't see why Africa is controversial. For the most part everyone who plays this game is a hunter or is at least familiar with hunting so I don't see who would have a problem with it. You say that lots of animals are under protection. Which are you referring to? I think that all the species that we would want in a hunting game are perfectly legal to hunt.

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”