Status Update - 18th April

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Mills
Outfitter

Re: Status Update - 18th April

Post by Mills »

Hoping for a new shotgun to go with the geese. Would love a semi-auto 12 gauge.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

caledonianblues wrote:
ronMctube wrote:magpie geese look very well done.hopefully we can use our other geese set ups to hunt them.
Releasing a new species that has monetization potential, and not taking advantage of it, would be very unusual. Besides the callers are new, and they created new decoys. Why go to that effort if the existing decoys and callers worked? They wouldn't.
you never know but you will probably know :D .

it was more of a hope than reality.working it out roughly based on what we have now if we need all new items to hunt the magpie geese thats like 25 dollars.

i know the game needs to make money but per person thats pretty expensive.
EndPin
Scout

Post by EndPin »

ronMctube wrote:
caledonianblues wrote:
ronMctube wrote:magpie geese look very well done.hopefully we can use our other geese set ups to hunt them.
Releasing a new species that has monetization potential, and not taking advantage of it, would be very unusual. Besides the callers are new, and they created new decoys. Why go to that effort if the existing decoys and callers worked? They wouldn't.

it was more of a hope than reality.working it out roughly based on what we have now if we need all new items to hunt the magpie geese thats like 25 dollars.

I agree - WAY too expensive. I'll stick to Canada Geese.

iz_da
Scout

Post by iz_da »

Luckily it’s a Goose.
They should fly rather slow and are therefore perfect for the O/U and SxS shotguns. That’ll make it easier to get to 1000 harvests each!
Don’t like to take those shotguns with me to RB.
Spoiler:
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Post by Generalkommendant »

Generalkommendant wrote:Well, I haven't been here as long as you guys, therefore I always sharpen my ears when you're writing stuff (regarding this thread, read: BCKidd, Radamus, Gas56, BnB, INTIMID883R - to name a few).

I started playing this game together with a friend, from around Christmas time of 2016. We played Hemmeldal a lot. Couldn't stand the noise of the Ptarmigans in the end so we moved to set up different reserves.
I had a descent build at VdB which we played a lot too. Until we descided to go get the climbing gear and see what all the fuzz was about with the Ibex, they looked cool with their delightful horns!

Said and done.

Didn't take too long before we let the Climbing Ropes, the Screwgate carabiners and the Climbing Harnesses just sitting there, rust and collect dust.

Then my friend came up with this glorious idea to build Hirschfelden, All in. And I compensated by building a setup in the Bayou. Win win, we thougt. He had Hirsch, I had Bayou.

We stopped playing there too. Again the noise was the reason.

There's no need, in my mind, for a great amount of noise all the time in those reserves. When standing there in the blindfowl and waterfowl, honking geese along with 2 persons blowing the callers and flapping the flag (like crazy) makes quite a lot of noise - add to that that in Bayou there's even more callers.

When shooting geese or ducks, the noise they make shows you: 1. They're coming. 2. The direction they're coming from. Finally. 3. The disco from Ibiza begins.
When hunting them you have your focus on the sky anyway. No need for all the noise. It could get tweaked so it doesn't bother other players without destroying the game play.

Just make them sound a bit less and not as constant as it is today. Cool them down guys (EW). Should be easy, right?
Yeah, I quoted myself. Cause this belongs in here instead. :roll: ;)
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

VonStratos wrote:If is a new waterfowl species then we will have to buy new decoys and callers, that much is clear from our past experience, but i hope the RB ground blind can be used at least, and i hope a new shotgun to spice up the things, yes i like shotguns, oh man i hope they at least release a convenient bundle with the geese for the sake of the pockets from the people that will want to get the setup...like me probably.
Totally agree in all points with VonStratos :)
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

EndPin wrote:
ronMctube wrote:
caledonianblues wrote: Releasing a new species that has monetization potential, and not taking advantage of it, would be very unusual. Besides the callers are new, and they created new decoys. Why go to that effort if the existing decoys and callers worked? They wouldn't.

I agree - WAY too expensive. I'll stick to Canada Geese.
Yup considering...
Classic is a sub fee game yet you pay $5 for one weapon. However in COTW a non-sub fee game you pay $4.00 USD for 3 weapons + each weapon comes with 4 re-skins for free (included) ONLY $4.00 for ALL that not full price again for a re-skin like in Classic.
Never understood TheHunter Classic pricing.
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Ravenousfox wrote:Never understood TheHunter Classic pricing.
I think a lot of people don't understand it, but as long as they're still here playing the game, they're confirmation that it works. This is not a cheap game by any means, I'm pretty sure everyone would agree with that, but that's not an exclusive thing in gaming now. There are plenty of other games and sims that you can easily sink thousands of dollars into (even after subscription fees).

Waterfowling is expensive, but man is it fun, and hopefully those that have invested in spreads, blinds and callers, have had their money's worth multiple times over. Plus, the good thing about theHunter is it's pretty easy to try waterfowling before you buy all the gear, given the accommodating nature of the community.
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Post by Generalkommendant »

VonStratos wrote:If is a new waterfowl species then we will have to buy new decoys and callers, that much is clear from our past experience, but i hope the RB ground blind can be used at least...
They showed the new Piccabeen Camo Waterfowl in the live stream yesterday. Along with two new decoys, a flapping decoy and three new callers - short and long range as well as the flag lure. :roll:
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

Generalkommendant wrote:
VonStratos wrote:If is a new waterfowl species then we will have to buy new decoys and callers, that much is clear from our past experience, but i hope the RB ground blind can be used at least...
They showed the new Piccabeen Camo Waterfowl in the live stream yesterday. Along with two new decoys, a flapping decoy and three new callers - short and long range as well as the flag lure. :roll:
I have no problem buying new equipment. I just hope they make a good bundle as soon as they release the goose. :)

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”