Status Update - 11th April 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
J_Birdman
Hunter

Re: Status Update - 11th April 2018

Post by J_Birdman »

Thanks for adding the two new ammo's, EW. Can't wait to give them a shot.
Status Update April 11, 2018 by Mat Miller wrote:"The ‘Trophy of the Week’ is this very nice Bighorn Sheep which was shot by Lamphunter. It has a huge score of 189.053 congratulations! If you are unsure of what many consider a trophy Bighorn Sheep it is anything over the 180 scoring mark and upwards."
Is there a list of the score requirements for trophy animals for this?
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

J_Birdman wrote:Is there a list of the score requirements for trophy animals for this?
There are no "official" score requirements. I think Mat is just trying to give new players an idea what kind of bighorn most players would consider a real trophy and worth posting in the forum.
Image Image Image
Lamphunter
Hunter

Post by Lamphunter »

Thank you for the update!
Looking forward for the new 17 HMR ammo!!!
Great job! :)
Pretty_Boy
Outfitter

Post by Pretty_Boy »

Thx for the update! Looking forward to see the tonights .45 copper flying live stream :)
ronMctube wrote:after some detective work i knew it !!!!
Wow nice picture! Angry Birds are coming to theHunter :D

Patrick Enz
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Patrick Enz »

Hello everyone, regarding the .45 Copper Bullet not being ethical for Coyote, it was indeed a mistake and was somehow missed due to how our servers work. You can expect to use the .45 Copper Bullet on coyote in a moments notice.
Patrick Enz I Game Designer
\m/
Outfitter

Post by \m/ »

Patrick Enz wrote:Hello everyone, regarding the .45 Copper Bullet not being ethical for Coyote, it was indeed a mistake and was somehow missed due to how our servers work. You can expect to use the .45 Copper Bullet on coyote in a moments notice.
top!
Now offline. Forever.
Jaegerschnitzel1990
Spotter

Post by Jaegerschnitzel1990 »

From the beginning of the announcement of a new bird species I figured it would be something for Piccabeen Bay, which would absolutely make sense as this is the only reserve where you can´t use a shotgun with shotshells.

So I started thinking about gamebirds in Australia...the Post in an earlier thread about the Ruddy Shelduck caught my attention, as the colour of the feathers looks matching. The Audio clue, however, got me confused, as this doesn´t sound a bit like the Ruddy Shelducks that we have in our hunting area. And then there is this white blotch in the picture....Shelducks do have a white part on their wings, but there is not a lot of orange around it in the posted picture.

As I don´t know their sound, it could be a Magpie Goose. One of the native waterfowl species of Australia and commonly hunted:

I must admit that, on the other hand side, there is too less orange-like feathers here, so I´m still not sure.
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
J_Birdman wrote:Is there a list of the score requirements for trophy animals for this?
There are no "official" score requirements. I think Mat is just trying to give new players an idea what kind of bighorn most players would consider a real trophy and worth posting in the forum.
All of this!^^^
It was added to try and give new players some guidance as to what scoring many would consider to be in the 'Trophy range' :)
nachthexe
Hunter

Post by nachthexe »

Patrick Enz wrote:Hello everyone, regarding the .45 Copper Bullet not being ethical for Coyote, it was indeed a mistake and was somehow missed due to how our servers work. You can expect to use the .45 Copper Bullet on coyote in a moments notice.
Thanks, but please check next time one more time and spare yourself and us the "Left hand does not know what the right does" experience.
Code: Select all
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Post by Generalkommendant »

Awh man! I was just about to post my 50 pages essay complaining about it in the forum. I've made popcorn, put on my best bathrobe (the silky one) and my bunny slippers and I've made me some tea for the occasion. You robbed me of my moment! :lol:

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”