Status Update - 28th March 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
User avatar
Violator31
Outfitter
Posts: 1995
Joined: July 25th, 2009, 11:59 am
Location: The Grassy Knoll

Re: Status Update - 28th March 2018

Postby Violator31 » March 28th, 2018, 3:15 pm

Thank you for the update.
I know this has been discussed MANY times before,.... is there any reason that we cannot get a heads up about when a new season starts? I'd like to check my overall stats at the end of the season. I don't need to do this, it's just interesting to see what I have done in that season. OR, as many have suggested in the past, a set date, like in real life, when a new season will begin.
User avatar
Bullet1956
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: January 17th, 2015, 12:24 pm
Location: NC, USA

Re: Status Update - 28th March 2018

Postby Bullet1956 » March 28th, 2018, 9:10 pm

Happy Easter to all
User avatar
VonStratos
Outfitter
Posts: 1405
Joined: February 7th, 2013, 6:32 pm

Re: Status Update - 28th March 2018

Postby VonStratos » March 28th, 2018, 9:19 pm

Violator31 wrote:Thank you for the update.
I know this has been discussed MANY times before,.... is there any reason that we cannot get a heads up about when a new season starts? I'd like to check my overall stats at the end of the season. I don't need to do this, it's just interesting to see what I have done in that season. OR, as many have suggested in the past, a set date, like in real life, when a new season will begin.


You can review in the UHC site, you must register but is easy and fast, but i agree, it was kind of shocking wake up and see my signature empty. It was said that we were getting the new season when the problem with the Pica bay were solved, but i didn't think was the day right after the patch.

Image
Signature Stats

"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
User avatar
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter
Posts: 5349
Joined: December 25th, 2013, 11:07 am
Location: 1 mile South of the Cheddar Curtain

Re: Status Update - 28th March 2018

Postby stancomputerhunter » March 28th, 2018, 9:20 pm

Violator31 wrote:Thank you for the update.
I know this has been discussed MANY times before,.... is there any reason that we cannot get a heads up about when a new season starts? I'd like to check my overall stats at the end of the season. I don't need to do this, it's just interesting to see what I have done in that season. OR, as many have suggested in the past, a set date, like in real life, when a new season will begin.


I agree, Paul. UHC has season bests for every season (and I keep my own), and current season stats, but nothing on previous season's overall stats. This administration just isn't as transparent as the last one.


Image Rares: 82 NTs: 29
User avatar
Violator31
Outfitter
Posts: 1995
Joined: July 25th, 2009, 11:59 am
Location: The Grassy Knoll

Re: Status Update - 28th March 2018

Postby Violator31 » March 29th, 2018, 1:40 am

VonStratos wrote: You can review in the UHC site,

I am registered there, have been for quite some time. They've done some great work there.
But that's only for the current season, right? I know we can go back & see personal bests for the seasons, but how many Moose did I kill last season (etc)?
I like to check those things out from time to time. A couple of times, I have tried to anticipate a new season (when they hint that there is some big announcement coming up) & I record the info. Then, come to find out, no new season. It would just be nice to have a regular schedule. Before the last reserve was released & we were given hints it was about ready, I recorded all the info. Now, that was how long ago & here is the new season. That solidifies my point - we don't need a brand new season to introduce new animals or reserves, so why can't there be a set date? This question has been repeated over & over for years.

stancomputerhunter wrote:I agree, Paul. UHC has season bests for every season (and I keep my own), and current season stats, but nothing on previous season's overall stats. This administration just isn't as transparent as the last one.

I try to keep my own too, I do keep close track of the personal bests. The UHC site is a GREAT tool for that, and the link to the scoresheet is one of the things I would like to be able to reference at the end of a season. I guess, all of these "wants" aren't "needs" but it seems like an easy fix.
User avatar
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager
Posts: 2463
Joined: May 17th, 2017, 8:51 pm

Re: Status Update - 28th March 2018

Postby TreeKiwi » March 29th, 2018, 1:59 am

As far as I can tell EW has never said when there is going to be a change of season. I will ask around and see if we can change this, because I can understand your point. I can't even see what mine were :lol: I know I had some top 10 finishes. Even if it was like two days warning, I am sure that would be helpful.

Cheers,

TK
User avatar
Violator31
Outfitter
Posts: 1995
Joined: July 25th, 2009, 11:59 am
Location: The Grassy Knoll

Re: Status Update - 28th March 2018

Postby Violator31 » March 29th, 2018, 2:15 am

TreeKiwi wrote:As far as I can tell EW has never said when there is going to be a change of season. I will ask around and see if we can change this, because I can understand your point. I can't even see what mine were :lol: I know I had some top 10 finishes. Even if it was like two days warning, I am sure that would be helpful.

Cheers,

TK

Thank you.
And as far as I can remember, it has never been announced until after the fact.
User avatar
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter
Posts: 8523
Joined: December 3rd, 2008, 3:48 am
Location: Buffalo, NY

Re: Status Update - 28th March 2018

Postby BucksNBuffalo » March 29th, 2018, 8:08 am

TreeKiwi wrote:
whiteonyx wrote:Thanks for the SU TK. Great looking eastern event, and great looking trophies/prizes :)

When can we expect to see the winners of the Tropical Podge comp ? You wrote in the thread "stay tuned for the winners"!

Good eastern to all EW staff, and all fellow hunters. And good luck to everyone participating in eastern comp/missions :)


I would say mid next week we should have some winners selected for that :)

BucksNBuffalo wrote:Thanks for the SU, TK. The new season starting will be good, but can we please get some kind of info on exactly what was changed with the Sambar and Rusa Deer? Noticing a few things here and there as I hunt them, but it still doesn’t seem like scores line up and if they really do, what is decent now? And did the antlers change any? Any info would be greatly appreciated


As per any species, we do not give out min and max scores, you guys will have to find out. I will ask the Devs and see what information I can dig up for you regarding the changes.

Yes, not asking for min/max scores. Just a little info on what exactly changed would be nice. Did they change the antlers? Did they lower the scoring, etc
User avatar
gas56
Outfitter
Posts: 4329
Joined: April 4th, 2014, 12:51 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Status Update - 28th March 2018

Postby gas56 » March 29th, 2018, 12:47 pm

Happy Easter Everyone............ :D
Image
User avatar
FR_Bugs
Outfitter
Posts: 2817
Joined: October 27th, 2014, 3:46 pm
Location: Paris

Re: Status Update - 28th March 2018

Postby FR_Bugs » March 29th, 2018, 12:49 pm

Nice pic gas56 ;)
Happy Easter to all

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest