Game Update - 21st March 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Re: Game Update - 21st March 2018

Post by HooCairs »

Pittie wrote:
Ravenousfox wrote:If anyone buys this new rifle can you please see if you can hit the 80m Moose Decoy in the brain at Red Feather Falls as I would like to know. :)
Does the result show brain hit or body hit at the bottom right of the screen? ;)
I tried it and got only body hits from 60 to 80 m. And all bear shots are no vital but only body hits, also from 15 m! :shock:
The problem is the bear, not the weapon. You couldn't get a vital hit even if you had a missile. It has been broken for a long time.

Only one kill with the 7x64 so far. A feral hog from 24m. Would have expected the hog to drop dead. It ran for about 30m first. That's about what the .270s / 6.5x55s do.

I wonder how big of a stag this is, since they did not switch to a new season. One of the most impressive antlers I have seen so far, scored 245.

Last edited by HooCairs on March 22nd, 2018, 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
whiteonyx
Scout

Post by whiteonyx »

Thanks for the update. I'm pretty satisfied with the new 7x64. Until now, i harvest red deer, roe deer, whitetail and mule deer with 100% harvest value - in dinstanses up to 100 m. And it looks exactly like my Sauer 202, in cal. .308 win. ;)
Hunting is living
Levado
Scout

Post by Levado »

whiteonyx wrote:I'm pretty satisfied with the new 7x64.
That's because you only tried to kill stuff at short range and that 100m kill was a roe.

A .308 gets a double lung shot on a moose at 60m on the shooting range, this weapon only a single lung shot. Needless to say that the performance will drop quickly over longer ranges once you try to shoot things like elks and hogs, heck I'm already seeing that right now with a few hogs that I shot at a longer range.
Hunter Score 71k+ ● Playing Since 2009 ● Favorite Species: all deer
whiteonyx
Scout

Post by whiteonyx »

Levado wrote:
whiteonyx wrote:I'm pretty satisfied with the new 7x64.
That's because you only tried to kill stuff at short range and that 100m kill was a roe.

A .308 gets a double lung shot on a moose at 60m on the shooting range, this weapon only a single lung shot. Needless to say that the performance will drop quickly over longer ranges once you try to shoot things like elks and hogs, heck I'm already seeing that right now with a few hogs that I shot at a longer range.
Well, you got a point there. I can only speak of the few times i tried it so far...but after the feedbak from the community, i think they will give a bit more penetration power...but let's see
Hunting is living
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Post by Generalkommendant »

What about the ammo's capacity cost? Why is it 0.65? It's only 10 cartridges like normal and still it weighs more than the .300 ammo (0.6). The 7mm Magnum ammo weighs 0.4. But this 7x64 one is in the same weight category as the .405, 9.3x62 and the 9.3x74R (0.65).
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Post by Generalkommendant »

Levado wrote:Update: I just tested on the shooting range, which confirms my suspicion. Animals nearby give identical results, but on the moose all the way at the end (56 meters) I constantly get a double lung shot with the .308, while the 7x64 gives me a single lung shot. It's disappointing to see how quickly it drops its effectiveness.
HooCairs wrote:Only one kill with the 7x64 so far. A feral hog from 24m. Would have expected the hog to drop dead. It ran for about 30m first. That's about what the .270s / 6.5x55s do.
I wonder how big of a stag this is, since they did not switch to a new season. One of the most impressive antlers I have seen so far, scored 245.
Nice stag Hoo! I wonder as well what it would have scored earlier. It sure looks way bigger than my 306 scoring one.
It looks like the devs are going to make a test for this new rifles penetration considering the new competition today (100% harvets value :D ):

The Antlered Eight - 7x64mm Deer Hunt
The combined score of your highest scoring male Mule Deer, Blacktail Deer, Roe Deer, Red Deer, Rusa Deer, Sambar Deer, Sitka Deer and Whitetail Deer all at 100% Harvest Value using the new 7x64mm Bolt Action Rifle is your competition entry. Highest combined score wins.
muldo
Outfitter

Post by muldo »

Tough competition with the rifle loaded in its present state, I'll hang on for an update on the cartridge. Thanks in advance, I hope.
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

HooCairs wrote:I wonder how big of a stag this is, since they did not switch to a new season. One of the most impressive antlers I have seen so far, scored 245.
Nice buck Hoo!
These are scores before the patch..........which was very discernible.
SCORES
246 XXXXXXX compare now to your 245
308 ... the 246 looks bigger than this one

We'll just have to see what results keep coming up stable now................ :D
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Thanks for the pics Gas. I am also hoping for this to get stable. :)

This was a 330. Clearly a lot smaller antlers than the 245 from yesterday.

My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
MetalMind
Outfitter

Post by MetalMind »

And AGAIN, after this update I have some serious lags on Timbergold... what did you change? Grrrrr... :evil:

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”