Status Update - 1st March 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Re: Status Update - 1st March 2018

Post by TheSheWolf »

Oh man, those duck mounts!! Called it :D Remember the "Design your Dream Lodge" competition?!

The lodges look great, I think I'll need to grab one at some point...
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

Thought I ought to try W.R.R. for a Polar bear as well.
I ran all the way.
Shot 4 in 28 min real time. None ran away before I shot them and the last one was threatening a charge.

https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/dant ... statistics
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
1Al
Hunter

Post by 1Al »

J_Birdman wrote:Oh also, before I forget, could you EW please also provide us with some numbers? I'm really curious to know total Grizzly Bear harvests PRE-Piccabeen Release breakage and/or secret bear adjustments vs. total Grizzly Bear harvests POST-Piccabeen release breakage and/or secret bear adjustments(i say "and/or" because it's still confusing and I'm still not sure which came first). That would be sweet!
It's not just about distances and numbers, before Peccabeen and "fixes" bears behaviour was less predictable and more smart, different from case to case and situations. Now it's too easy to get close to small females, which sometimes seem to be blind to the hunter, whereas the males and big ones, are in perennial straight fleeing. I repeat, at present they, grizzly and polar I mean, are simply broken.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

are lodges loading slow for anyone today ? was just in mine putting new animal up and it was taking ages.not sure if serverside issue or bug.
kevin2106
Hunter

Post by kevin2106 »

1Al wrote: before Peccabeen and "fixes" bears behaviour was less predictable and more smart
Are you serious? They never ever fled, they would always charge, even right after you spooked because you fired a gun you could run up to them and get charged. The bears did one thing and that was to charge, how is that unpredictable??

gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

kevin2106 wrote:
1Al wrote: before Peccabeen and "fixes" bears behaviour was less predictable and more smart
Are you serious? They never ever fled, they would always charge, even right after you spooked because you fired a gun you could run up to them and get charged. The bears did one thing and that was to charge, how is that unpredictable??
This is not correct, they would flee sometimes.

But let's go back to bear feeders when they broke,......
EW said they just really fixed them back to the way they were supposed to work.........
Which tee'd off a lot of players.
So is it supposed to take years to get your higher achievements to kill such tremendous changed numbers on such harder hunted animals A.I..
We will never catch up to the top leaders,... at least not with bears,.... I guess everyone will have to become a duck hunter.......Quack!!!
Last edited by gas56 on March 4th, 2018, 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kevin2106
Hunter

Post by kevin2106 »

gas56 wrote:
kevin2106 wrote:
Of the 300 bears i shot before they got broken for the first i really never had one bear flee, unless i fired a gun. Maybe other had them flee once in a while, but i never did.

gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

kevin2106 wrote:
gas56 wrote:
kevin2106 wrote:
Of the 300 bears i shot before they got broken for the first i really never had one bear flee, unless i fired a gun. Maybe other had them flee once in a while, but i never did.
I guess you were playing a different game than I do.............. ;)
kevin2106
Hunter

Post by kevin2106 »

gas56 wrote:
kevin2106 wrote:
gas56 wrote:
probably.

outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Post by outrider »

kevin2106 wrote:
gas56 wrote:
kevin2106 wrote:
probably.
sounds like your playing COTW.....they have some mean a$$ bears, moose and buffalo in that game.... :lol:
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”