Status Update - 1st March 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Status Update - 1st March 2018

Post by TreeKiwi »

1Al wrote:
TreeKiwi wrote:I did not say anything about polar bears, it was in reference to Grizzly bears. People starting to talk about behaviors that are not a common trait for them. I went live and shot two on Thursday with bows, I really do not see the problem with them.
Surely for grizzly males to have a radar, is not a common trait of bears :mrgreen:
You can watch the last live EW stream if you like, I shot two with a bow and they had no idea I was there. I am not sure how you are hunting, but you might want to think about trying to be more sneaky, so you can get closer to them. Grizzly Bears are actually very alert and will try and avoid humans.
Here is a LINK with a little information about them, the part you might like to read is the 'Interactions with humans'. It states there "Mothers defending cubs are the most prone to attacking, and are responsible for 70% of humans killed by grizzlies." also it states "Grizzly bears normally avoid contact with people. In spite of their obvious physical advantage they rarely actively hunt humans".

How the Grizzlies are now are true to life and are functioning properly. As you saw in Ron's video the other night, they will still attack you if they are startled.

I hope this clears up your thoughts around Grizzly Bears.

TK
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

I shot 2 grizz last night, both at less then 25m. Like TK says, you just gotta be sneaky.

Seifer
Hunter

Post by Seifer »

Granted this is a small female, I followed her around for half an hour. She never detected me.

Spoiler:

Don't mind me, I'm just thinking out loud ;) Mike (Seifer210) ♉
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

TreeKiwi wrote:I did not say anything about polar bears, it was in reference to Grizzly bears. People starting to talk about behaviors that are not a common trait for them. I went live and shot two on Thursday with bows, I really do not see the problem with them.
I know this, my brother. I brought up the Polar Bears because I have no real problems with the Grizzlies. My only thing about the Grizzlies is that it’s only the small females that attack, and the males all run like hell which certainly isn’t right but it’s nowhere near as wrong as the Polar Bear is. The Polar Bear in game is the exact opposite of what it should be, when it should be the most dangerous animal in the game. And it makes it virtually worthless to hunt because they do not spawn in great numbers as it is. Aggressive Polar Bears, as they should be, would really justify the low numbers.
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

BucksNBuffalo wrote:
I know this, my brother. I brought up the Polar Bears because I have no real problems with the Grizzlies. My only thing about the Grizzlies is that it’s only the small females that attack, and the males all run like hell which certainly isn’t right but it’s nowhere near as wrong as the Polar Bear is. The Polar Bear in game is the exact opposite of what it should be, when it should be the most dangerous animal in the game. And it makes it virtually worthless to hunt because they do not spawn in great numbers as it is. Aggressive Polar Bears, as they should be, would really justify the low numbers.
Well if you read the link. It says that IF they do attack, it is mostly (70% of all attacks) always females who are defending their cubs, so if it is a higher percentage of females attacking, considering we do not even have cubs in the game. I would say that is pretty accurate.

I have actually just spent the last hour reading about Polar Bears as well, here are some quotes straight from the Wiki article.
"Unlike brown bears, polar bears are not territorial. Although stereotyped as being voraciously aggressive, they are normally cautious in confrontations, and often choose to escape rather than fight.[73] Satiated polar bears rarely attack humans unless severely provoked." and then "However, due to their lack of prior human interaction, hungry polar bears are extremely unpredictable, fearless towards people and are known to kill and sometimes eat humans"

So the second highlighted quote arguably helps you more than me, accept that it states that HUNGRY polar bears are extremely unpredictable. I do not imagine there is a food shortage in the EHR, Doc would not allow that ;) . So after reading more about both Grizzlies and Polar bear it has re confirmed that their behaviour now is actually pretty spot on!

Good debate non the less.
FatMountainbear
Hunter

Post by FatMountainbear »

Thx for the Up-to-date, ;) !

Very informative as usuall, thx ;)

Very happy to c new trophy lodges arriving, Tropical one - awesome, thx! ;)

Excited what´s on the lathe the next 2 weeks ;)

Cya ;)
HunterVK
Scout

Post by HunterVK »

TreeKiwi wrote:
1Al wrote:
Surely for grizzly males to have a radar, is not a common trait of bears :mrgreen:
You can watch the last live EW stream if you like, I shot two with a bow and they had no idea I was there. I am not sure how you are hunting, but you might want to think about trying to be more sneaky, so you can get closer to them. Grizzly Bears are actually very alert and will try and avoid humans.
Here is a LINK with a little information about them, the part you might like to read is the 'Interactions with humans'. It states there "Mothers defending cubs are the most prone to attacking, and are responsible for 70% of humans killed by grizzlies." also it states "Grizzly bears normally avoid contact with people. In spite of their obvious physical advantage they rarely actively hunt humans".

How the Grizzlies are now are true to life and are functioning properly. As you saw in Ron's video the other night, they will still attack you if they are startled.

TK
TK, u killed 2 small bears , that's point. Only small bears attacking and not spook easy. But big ones is almost impossible to hunt in woods.. U cann hope only that he will run on open so u cann shoot at him from more than 150m.
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

HunterVK wrote:
TreeKiwi wrote:
1Al wrote: Surely for grizzly males to have a radar, is not a common trait of bears :mrgreen:

TK
TK, u killed 2 small bears , that's point. Only small bears attacking and not spook easy. But big ones is almost impossible to hunt in woods.. U cann hope only that he will run on open so u cann shoot at him from more than 150m.
I am happy to go and have a look for some big ones :) I have never shot a trophy one yet. These were ones I came across, I was not actively hunting them. All big animals in the game are more spooky as well, just worth mentioning.
kevin2106
Hunter

Post by kevin2106 »

The females are for sure a bit more agressive. But the males are far from impossbile to approach. Yes they sometimes run, but they don't always. Today i was just randomly running through TGT's woods, and had a 24.4 male Bear attack me, then i got got knocked over by another one male, as i came so close i couldn't even get the gun out before it ran me down.

HunterVK
Scout

Post by HunterVK »

TreeKiwi wrote:
HunterVK wrote:
TreeKiwi wrote:

TK
I am happy to go and have a look for some big ones :) I have never shot a trophy one yet. These were ones I came across, I was not actively hunting them. All big animals in the game are more spooky as well, just worth mentioning.
yes they R spooky but is bored an no fun trackin 1h RT big bear and than give up because he never stop even if u all time crouching with scent eliminator.. On other side u cann easily kill unrealistic number of small bears . Here's example https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/hunt ... n/79959978

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”