Status Update - 1st March 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Re: Status Update - 1st March 2018

Post by stancomputerhunter »

TrueshotM wrote:
stancomputerhunter wrote:
Radamus wrote: That's it! It's the damn spooking! It's horse doo doo - They were already one of the toughest animals in the EHR without that.
I'm with you Len. So frustrating to be crawling toward a nice Billy Goat and all of a sudden the damn birds start flying around. They have no place in the game, IMHO.
To be honest..... One day when I was hunting elk and wolves in a tree stand to the south east of the TgT east starting cabin....Some ptarmies flew around my tree stand and the size compared to the background ones on every map and the flapping noises they make made me feel like I was really in a tree stand. It was a great experience but there's only one spot on the game where you can get that. Besides the ones on TGT you can easily max them out spawn mashing with a .22, even on TgT there's a couple nice spawn mashing places.....after that there's really no fun in hunting them. I like shotgunnin the runners when I spook some I didn't know I was running up on but as far as hunting them, pfft, forget it. I'll max em out and quit killing them. You know the species sucks when they aren't ever gonna release a competition for it :D They are literally smaller than the rodent rats that spawn that you can kill but have no value. Would be nice if they added that flapping sound to each ambient bird noise, really added to the simulator experience sitting in a tree stand with birds doing circles around your stand that you can hear.
I have a TS on HEM that literally has flapping birds that you can hear, flying around it constantly.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

stancomputerhunter wrote:I have a TS on HEM that literally has flapping birds that you can hear, flying around it constantly.
Sounds like a place to try out that 405 when I get it :D Stan, can you record me doing some air shots? I hope it blows feathers off, that would be awesome :D
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

Radamus wrote:
stancomputerhunter wrote:I have a TS on HEM that literally has flapping birds that you can hear, flying around it constantly.
Sounds like a place to try out that 405 when I get it :D Stan, can you record me doing some air shots? I hope it blows feathers off, that would be awesome :D
Here's a new weapon idea for you. It's quiet so you won't scare of other animals, and you'll get plenty of flying feathers :lol:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TDKS_6qWONo

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

InstinctiveArcher wrote:
Radamus wrote:
Here's a new weapon idea for you. It's quiet so you won't scare of other animals, and you'll get plenty of flying feathers :lol:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TDKS_6qWONo
DRT!
Spoiler:
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Oh yeah! The famous Randy Johnson bird strike :lol: This march 24 will be the 17th anniversary- Randy still feels bad about it.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

Radamus wrote:
Oh yeah! The famous Randy Johnson bird strike :lol: This march 24 will be the 17th anniversary- Randy still feels bad about it.
I have a feeling you won't feel quite as bad for the ptarmigan right? :lol:

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”