The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
HunterVK
Scout

Re: Status Update - 1st March 2018

Post by HunterVK »

1Al wrote:
kevin2106 wrote:
1Al wrote: vanished pansy grizzlies
There is nothing wrong with the grizzly. They are there and are easy to get close to
I dont know what has changed since yesterday, I havent seen any updates for the game, but today all aggressive females in attacking mode, the males instead, still very scared.
only small females R aggressive , males still spook at more than 100m especially big ones.
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

HunterVK wrote:
1Al wrote:
kevin2106 wrote: There is nothing wrong with the grizzly. They are there and are easy to get close to
I dont know what has changed since yesterday, I havent seen any updates for the game, but today all aggressive females in attacking mode, the males instead, still very scared.
only small females R aggressive , males still spook at more than 100m especially big ones.
I agree with this,.. most males flee,... and only most the females attack...
At least that's the way it was working when I was doing the event bear comp last week.
I shot a lot of females in attacking mode, and the males were running away with their stub tail tucked between their legs.
That's why I quit the comp. They should make Grizzlies a lot more sneaky and attack you without no pre-attack stance.
If Grizzlies know you're tracking them a long time they can usually pick up on it and circle behind you, and surprise the heck out of you when they do it.
I don't think the animals are any smarter in the game, IMO EW just tweaked the animals to spook at relatively longer distances.
1Al
Hunter

Post by 1Al »

HunterVK wrote:
1Al wrote: aggressive females in attacking mode, the males instead, still very scared.
Yes, I totally agree. I noticed the same, only small females are aggressive and males spook at 150m. But with these new grizzlies I'm honing a new tactic, to get close even in run mode and in case to be charged. Of course, it donesn't work with all of them and all situations, but works :) even with some scared males.
Last edited by 1Al on March 2nd, 2018, 11:02 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Pittie
Hunter

Post by Pittie »

I think instead of a new lodge it would make more sense to create a feature to place the trophy shots into the picture frames. :?
Regards Pittie
Sorry for my english

gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Pittie wrote:I think instead of a new lodge it would make more sense to create a feature to place the trophy shots into the picture frames. :?
Trophy shots are nice, but I don't think they compare to having an 3d animal model that you can look at.
I think it's nice that lodges can have different interior types,.. and possibly one day have a couple of your best trophy shots pictures framed on the walls in the lodges...... ;)
And the way the Trophy Shots work sometimes they don't even get into the gallery. I had a 235 mule deer and took a trophy shot that didn't take the score info, but I had it taxidermied also and
at least I got that with the score.
Last edited by gas56 on March 2nd, 2018, 1:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cutch
Master Competitor

Post by Cutch »

Welcome, Josh, and again, Another great update.

A woman's mind is cleaner than a man's:
She changes it more often.
Sherab86
Hunter

Post by Sherab86 »

Well, I would be rather happy with a new lodge in "neutral style", with would be much bigger than what we have now, however. :P I was really dissapointed, when I bought my first (and certainly the last) trophy lodge. So few space vs. so many possible trophies. Of course there is no point for EW to do one big lodge, while they can do many small and sell each one for a bunch of money. :P But for me, trophy lodges have become the big "no, no!" for possible future buys. :P
tihocro

Post by tihocro »

Hello!
Thanks for the update but what about giving us the earned scent eliminator first ;) Many players still didn't get it.
whiteonyx2
Tracker

Post by whiteonyx2 »

Pittie wrote:I think instead of a new lodge it would make more sense to create a feature to place the trophy shots into the picture frames. :?
I totaly agree
Hunting is living my profile use to be "whiteonyx"
whiteonyx2
Tracker

Post by whiteonyx2 »

Thanks for the SU, and nice new trophy lodge - still i really like PIittie's suggestion

And welcome to Josh
Hunting is living my profile use to be "whiteonyx"

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”