Game Update - 31st January 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Sherab86
Hunter

Re: Game Update - 31st January 2018

Post by Sherab86 »

1Al wrote:
Sherab86 wrote:There is more then enough of them in the reserve. And it is perfectly doable to hunt them. Sure thing - you can't hunt them the way you've used to. You can't simply run into them to provoke them to charge you. But you can stalk them. With 3d camo dedicated to TGT environment
Excuse me, do you think with 9 grizzly harvested, to know the whole situation?
Nope. I only tell that even being such unexperienced (however I wrote in some other thread what I think about learning curve in this game), and having limited equipment (outback clothes provide only "some" camo), I was able to harvest couple of them. Some of them from quite close distance, even.

1Al wrote:... and I assure you that right now, it is not doable to hunt bears (GB and PB) anymore.
I tought I just showed you it is opposite. :P Ok - I understand, that this is not doable in the way you've used to. I can probably agree with such a statement. But I can't agree it is not doable as such.

1Al wrote:I cannot understand how can anyone enjoy something, which at this moment is clearly broken and doesn't work. The AI ​​of the bears have to be fixed, that's for sure.
And here lays your problem, I think. ;) While I don't share your feelings, I can understand you. But it seems, you can't understand me. :P

I don't know with one group of players is actually bigger. It may happen that you will get what you want finally. Then I'll be dissapointed. ;)

And finally - don't take this in such personal way. ;)

Best wishes, and good virtual hunting! :)
EW_Graham
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by EW_Graham »

1Al wrote:
Sherab86 wrote:There is more then enough of them in the reserve. And it is perfectly doable to hunt them. Sure thing - you can't hunt them the way you've used to. You can't simply run into them to provoke them to charge you. But you can stalk them. With 3d camo dedicated to TGT environment
Excuse me, do you think with 9 grizzly harvested, to know the whole situation? I've got a little more experience than you do with Grizzlies in this game, and I assure you that right now, it is not doable to hunt bears (GB and PB) anymore. I'd rather say it's totally masochistic :mrgreen:
Today for first time for 2 1/2 months I finally got a charging grizzly, after a 40-minute chasing always walking crouch, absolutely boring.

https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/11al/score/589245372

Other grizzlies always fleeing also in walking crouch mode. And then if you're always crouch, how can you see the tracks in the tall grass of TT? :mrgreen: Then they have to also raise these tracks four feet off the floor :mrgreen: Not including the Mission Impossible of Grizzly Bears :mrgreen:
I cannot understand how can anyone enjoy something, which at this moment is clearly broken and doesn't work. The AI ​​of the bears have to be fixed, that's for sure.
Please kindly tone it down a little, everybody is allowed their opinion.
1Al
Hunter

Post by 1Al »

Sherab86 wrote:
1Al wrote:
Sherab86 wrote: I understand, that this is not doable in the way you've used to. I can probably agree with such a statement. But I can't agree it is not doable as such.
I don't think we understand each other at all. Where did I write in the way I used to? :mrgreen: Right now it is no longer doable in any way. It's broken.
kevin2106
Hunter

Post by kevin2106 »

1Al wrote:
Sherab86 wrote:
1Al wrote:
I don't think we understand each other at all. Where did I write in the way I used to? :mrgreen: Right now it is no longer doable in any way. It's broken.
It is very doable... I went out hunting them a bit now to see if you were right, and out of what i've seen you are not.

I can get into 60 meters of them, at that range they seem to decide if they are gonna charge or not. They might flee at that distance, or they might go into a sort of Pre-Charge mode, where they will charge as soon as you get close enough.

Sherab86
Hunter

Post by Sherab86 »

1Al wrote: I don't think we understand each other at all. Where did I write in the way I used to?
Nowhere. I only say that I could agree with you, if this would be stated as such.
1Al wrote::mrgreen: Right now it is no longer doable in any way. It's broken.

Man! If it is not doable at all, how I've managed to kill those 8?!
I!
Such a newbie? Come on? :P

Nevermind. I think you are too angry right now to discuss. And I think I've already said all I wanted in the subject.

Once again,
best wishes, and good hunting!
Schlachtwolf
Hunter

Post by Schlachtwolf »

There once were some old Grizzly Bears
And some of you may say Hoocairs?
As they all ran in fright
With a Hunter in sight
Out of render and trembling in pairs......

EW they did try a fix
By herding the bears with some sticks
But they would not be moved
And without being improved
Refused to be shot by our clicks......

Some players got rather irrated
Annoyed, depressed and deflated
As they pray for a bear
With illegally blond hair
To be harvested without being baited......
My opinion may not be right, but it is the one I like most :D

kevin2106
Hunter

Post by kevin2106 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBeJPz5t75Q

Here's what happens to me.

The first bear was actually in spooked state when i crawled up to it. I spooked it earlier, but kept a visual on her as she was running away. So i crouched up to her, and without her reaction to me at all. I went prone at about 60 and crawled the rest of the distance between us.

The second bear was just randomly there when i fast traveled, but instead of fleeing it charged me... So no, they are NOT impossible to hunt, but i admit the second bear is a bad example to that as i basically spawned inside it's charging range.

Please ignore the amazing shots on the second bear :D :lol:

JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Schlachtwolf wrote:There once were some old Grizzly Bears
With a Hunter in sight

EW they did try a fix

As they pray for a bear
Holy moly, Schlachtwolf, that's not bad! Not bad at all!!! And in a language I assume is not your native tongue, correct? Nicely done, sir, very nicely done! Hats off!!! :)
HawkEye81
Tracker

Post by HawkEye81 »

Getting a charging bear in spawn is not hunting in my opinion, at least not for me, I like bow filed hunting in TGT , tracking-spotting and taking down as many animals i can in one area while I keep moving around, tracking a grizzly will end up like this in 90% of the times !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5rAe-16-uE
Also shooting it down with a rifle just to prove that they can be hunted and spook everything else on that area won't be an option for the majority of the players that like to hunt on TGT, as I said before TGT is one of the best maps for silent hunting because of the big numbers of animals in on specific area, so gunning grizzlies ? No thanks.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

JimboCrow wrote:
Schlachtwolf wrote:There once were some old Grizzly Bears
With a Hunter in sight

EW they did try a fix

As they pray for a bear
Holy moly, Schlachtwolf, that's not bad! Not bad at all!!! And in a language I assume is not your native tongue, correct? Nicely done, sir, very nicely done! Hats off!!! :)
Hats off?? I don't see you or the bird wearing a hat. :lol: :lol: Nice ode Schlachtwolf.

Edit: Never mind...duh. You took them off. ;)

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”