Game Update - 17th January 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
xOEDragonx

Re: Game Update - 17th January 2018

Post by xOEDragonx »

There is no ptarmigan call in the RFF video. That's a magpie chattering. Willow ptarmigan make a goofy laughing noise of various pitches. That harsh chatter is that of an irritated magpie. I tried to find a magpie video on youtube that reflected the same volume and harshness as the one calling on RFF, as the one in the video Ron posted is quite peaceful in his fussing. Try comparing this one to the magpie at 0:29 in Ron's video (immediately after the single crow caw). That is, unless you're referring to a different call in the video. But I only hear a variety of songbirds, a crow, and an upset magpie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxtORth2BIY
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

ronMctube wrote:only reason i mentioned it as i never heard that bird noise on redfeather before.to me it sounds like the ptarmigan ingame.the video of the real bird is obviously not the same though just used as a refference to show the difference between a magpie and the ptarmigan.that bird noise i have never heard on red feather since it launched.

infact im going to go record the ptarmigans now and compare. :D

also after i keep listening to it in order. there is a song bird then a magpie then the willow ptarmigan noise.
Maybe a songbird ;)

Chia

Wah wit wit wit T t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t

T t t t t t t t t t t t t t
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

xOEDragonx wrote:There is no ptarmigan call in the RFF video. That's a magpie chattering. Willow ptarmigan make a goofy laughing noise of various pitches. That harsh chatter is that of an irritated magpie. I tried to find a magpie video on youtube that reflected the same volume and harshness as the one calling on RFF, as the one in the video Ron posted is quite peaceful in his fussing. Try comparing this one to the magpie at 0:29 in Ron's video (immediately after the single crow caw). That is, unless you're referring to a different call in the video. But I only hear a variety of songbirds, a crow, and an upset magpie.

as i said there is song birds then a magpie then something else which isnt a magpie.i have had pet magpies i know what they sound like :D

listen 26-27 seconds in that is not a magpie. also 31-32 at 36 secs. wu wahh wah wah wah wah its as clear as day.i guess it depends what you listening through as to what you can here. there is a song bird a crow or rook a magpie and the bird im talking about.
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

ronMctube wrote:
xOEDragonx wrote:There is no ptarmigan call in the RFF video. That's a magpie chattering. Willow ptarmigan make a goofy laughing noise of various pitches. That harsh chatter is that of an irritated magpie. I tried to find a magpie video on youtube that reflected the same volume and harshness as the one calling on RFF, as the one in the video Ron posted is quite peaceful in his fussing. Try comparing this one to the magpie at 0:29 in Ron's video (immediately after the single crow caw). That is, unless you're referring to a different call in the video. But I only hear a variety of songbirds, a crow, and an upset magpie.

as i said there is song birds then a magpie then something else which isnt a magpie.i have had pet magpies i know what they sound like :D

listen 26-27 seconds in that is not a magpie.
It is the same songbird then a crow, magpie, then the same songbird again.

Maybe a "kinglet" or something like that.

When Ambient bird sounds are recorded for maps, sometimes they don't use the full calls and use them as cut call fillers to get more variety :D
That's the way I use to do it...... ;)
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

gas56 wrote:
ronMctube wrote:

When Ambient bird sounds are recorded for maps, sometimes they don't use the full calls and use them as cut call fillers to get more variety :D

haha i cant believe you cant hear what im talking about. :D there is a quite ptarmigan like gaggle.in the whitetail part between the birds you are mentioning you can hear it 5 or 6 times.its been mentioned enough so will leave it alone.
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

ronMctube wrote:
gas56 wrote:
ronMctube wrote:

haha i cant believe you cant hear what im talking about. :D there is a quite ptarmigan like gaggle.in the whitetail part between the birds you are mentioning you can hear it 5 or 6 times.its been mentioned enough so will leave it alone.
I do hear it right after the crow & magpie... and it is one songbird. With its high short notes "Ceet Ceet" then sound "wah wit wit wit" then long "Tttttttttttttttttttttttttt" rumble note.
Last edited by gas56 on January 18th, 2018, 1:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
HD_Artworks
Outfitter

Post by HD_Artworks »

ronMctube wrote:well here are two bugs i videod from latest update what i mentioned.(2nd maybe the bird sound added but no notes . )

first one is the feral hog attack has no noise.

2nd one which i have never noticed is there is now a ptarmigan sound on redfeather.listen on the right side of your headphones carefully you will hear the distinctive sound of the ptarmigan giggle they do.
Well, looks loke Ron is right! I listen again and in 31 sec to 37 you can hear a low noise of ptarmigan from my right side of the headphone!
I think they are going to migrate into the EHR! :lol:
Season Stats
Spoiler:
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

yessssss someone has ears !!! :lol:
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

gas56 wrote:
ronMctube wrote:
gas56 wrote:

I do hear it right after the crow & magpie... and it is one songbird. With its high short notes "Ceet Ceet" then sound "wah wit wit wit" then long "Tttttttttttttttttttttttttt" rumble note.
This is no Ptarmigan sound BUG! ............ ;)
Last edited by gas56 on January 18th, 2018, 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

Gotcha, I was referring to the wrong call. I put on the headset and cranked up the volume, and I do hear what you're talking about now. I promise I never thought you were crazy, I just thought we were talking about a different noise XD

That said, I can't confirm it's a ptarmigan. Birds make a lot of of sounds. Could be something else.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”