Status Update - 12th January 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
User avatar
Wrein
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: November 4th, 2017, 12:24 pm

Re: Status Update - 12th January 2018

Postby Wrein » January 15th, 2018, 6:25 am

Ringalor wrote:
Sherab86 wrote:
stancomputerhunter wrote:Frankly, this is a disappointing update. I hope it's not a portent to the administration of Bethany, whom we have not heard from since the day she took over. Not in sync with how transparent Alena was. There are a few major bugs out there that are affecting game play, most noticeably the sound problem at WRR. Several times we were told this would be addressed in the "first patch" after the holidays. The holidays have been over for almost two weeks, and nothing. Not even a mention of it in today's SU.

Very disappointing.

Edit: just noticed you have clothing and equipment on sale for...drum roll...WRR! Shaking my head. :o



I agree. This strange sound problem on WRR and some other mentioned problems (such as steel plates wearing Sambar - this actualy might be designed feature, but do any player realy accept this as such?) should be of first priority.


I agree...


You haven't made a comment on this matter TK, last I asked you on the last stream you said it'd be fixed by this update and yet it's still not.

I can understand the fact that there are a lot of stuff that needs working in the different reserves but this bug makes anyone who owns a surround headset so all the 5.1 and above headset can't play on WRR.

Sound being very important in the game, I don't see myself playing without it by changing or removing some game files.

Fletchette said in the thread in bug section that :

"If memory serves me, there is also a temporary fix you can do to fix it, but I need to think of what it was. :?

EDIT: OK, a forum search has reminded me of the temp fix. For WEB installs, you need to locate the file "Music_Common.fsb" in the "Program Files (x86)\theHunter\Game\Sounds\Fmod" folder, and rename it. This will eliminate the loading music you hear when loading a reserve, but seems to free up enough memory to prevent the bug from happening. I just tried it, (a flash from the past), at it worked for me."

Therefore you alredy had this bug before at one point so what's making it hard to patch it this time ?

The Sales on the Arctic equipment made me a bit mad knowing that as off the 20 th of december I can't play on WRR but you guys don't communicate on it.

-Wrein
User avatar
Pittie
Scout
Posts: 497
Joined: June 13th, 2011, 7:54 am
Location: Berlin

Re: Status Update - 12th January 2018

Postby Pittie » January 15th, 2018, 7:00 am

Wrein wrote:but you guys don't communicate on it.

-Wrein


And this is the most annoying Point. :( We will miss Alena very much in future.
Regards Pittie
Sorry for my english


Image
User avatar
J_Birdman
Hunter
Posts: 657
Joined: August 21st, 2015, 11:26 am

Re: Status Update - 12th January 2018

Postby J_Birdman » January 15th, 2018, 12:24 pm

TreeKiwi wrote:Hey Gas,
All I can comment on is the Sambar. You mention fun, well most people I talk to love how hard the Sambar are at the moment and it's fun to finally have an animal in the game that is a challenge to hunt. Getting one is the best feeling. We have however many other animals that you can get easy. Why not spice it up a little bit? You say it's not your skills that's in question, so how do you think people are getting them then? They are stupid hard to hunt in real life and the game does a good job to replicate this. I am super taken back by your line of comments actually Gas, I had picked you for a hard working person who doesn't mind a challenge or getting his hands dirty. I am not sure about the steel armor as some people have illuded to, because I don't have an issue dropping them. Only thing I think is very very hard is bow hunting them, but again bows are a little broken in the game because the animals are too easy to lure in. So it's nice to have an animal where shooting them is a better option. In saying that I have shot a few with the bow now, it is possible still.
I will ask the team about the steel armor.

P.s I like it how you are a straight up guy, who says it how he sees it. I am trying to be the same and I don't mean any offense :) justctrying to talk your language, respect.
You're an EW employee and you're not only shaming but insulting a player. Everyone is welcome to their opinions on gameplay and what-not, even EW staff, but you've taken this to another level and singling this guy out bigtime. There's plenty of other players here in the forums who also share his opinion(s) and have voiced them, are you going to call all of them out and tell them they/their skills and opinions suck too? These things are basically reindeer/elk/fox rolled into one, but without an attractant. This is a game, it isn't real life, and a tH deer species a) without an attractant, b) who roams faster than a player can crouch-walk, c) appears to have zero normal animal AI such as feeding, watering, sleeping, d) has either crazy "armor" or screwed up hitboxes, and e) has the most keen AI of all the deer in the game makes for an unbelievably long and lame game of spooking/wounding/stalk-chasing or an unbelievably long and boring game of waiting in a stand hoping one passes by. You say you are "taken back" by his line of comments? Because you thought he was "hard working person who doesn't mind a challenge or getting his hands dirty"? Really? I think you overstep your bounds, and I am quite "taken back". It's "aback", btw.


TreeKiwi wrote:
gas56 wrote:P.S. and I am not a waterfowl hunter in the game........... :lol:

Lets make all the trophy deer harder! That's what I hear Gas say :P :lol:

Remember Patrick announced they would be bringing scent spray out at some stage for Sambar, so maybe this might help with some of the issues? It would certainly help with the roaming speed.

Again this didn't bother me so much, it was nice to have an animal that gave using a rifle an advantage.

Anyway in short, good conversation. But hold on to your thoughts until the scent spray is released. :)
You're mocking/shaming the same player again.

It seems to me that you really have a vested interest on this subject of Sambar deer, and that you're using your EW power/influence/voice to push your own agenda. I appreciate that you love the way the Sambar currently are in the game and don't want to see them changed, but I think it's irresponsible of you to act in such a way. I'd rather you had just reminded him/us that a scent was coming and left it at that from the start, without the charged personal interjection. I remembered it, I've been patiently awaiting its release, but some players may have not seen it or remembered it.
User avatar
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager
Posts: 1889
Joined: May 17th, 2017, 8:51 pm

Re: Status Update - 12th January 2018

Postby TreeKiwi » January 15th, 2018, 12:28 pm

J_Birdman wrote:
TreeKiwi wrote:Hey Gas,
All I can comment on is the Sambar. You mention fun, well most people I talk to love how hard the Sambar are at the moment and it's fun to finally have an animal in the game that is a challenge to hunt. Getting one is the best feeling. We have however many other animals that you can get easy. Why not spice it up a little bit? You say it's not your skills that's in question, so how do you think people are getting them then? They are stupid hard to hunt in real life and the game does a good job to replicate this. I am super taken back by your line of comments actually Gas, I had picked you for a hard working person who doesn't mind a challenge or getting his hands dirty. I am not sure about the steel armor as some people have illuded to, because I don't have an issue dropping them. Only thing I think is very very hard is bow hunting them, but again bows are a little broken in the game because the animals are too easy to lure in. So it's nice to have an animal where shooting them is a better option. In saying that I have shot a few with the bow now, it is possible still.
I will ask the team about the steel armor.

P.s I like it how you are a straight up guy, who says it how he sees it. I am trying to be the same and I don't mean any offense :) justctrying to talk your language, respect.
You're an EW employee and you're not only shaming but insulting a player. Everyone is welcome to their opinions on gameplay and what-not, even EW staff, but you've taken this to another level and singling this guy out bigtime. There's plenty of other players here in the forums who also share his opinion(s) and have voiced them, are you going to call all of them out and tell them they/their skills and opinions suck too? These things are basically reindeer/elk/fox rolled into one, but without an attractant. This is a game, it isn't real life, and a tH deer species a) without an attractant, b) who roams faster than a player can crouch-walk, c) appears to have zero normal animal AI such as feeding, watering, sleeping, d) has either crazy "armor" or screwed up hitboxes, and e) has the most keen AI of all the deer in the game makes for an unbelievably long and lame game of spooking/wounding/stalk-chasing or an unbelievably long and boring game of waiting in a stand hoping one passes by. You say you are "taken back" by his line of comments? Because you thought he was "hard working person who doesn't mind a challenge or getting his hands dirty"? Really? I think you overstep your bounds, and I am quite "taken back". It's "aback", btw.


TreeKiwi wrote:
gas56 wrote:P.S. and I am not a waterfowl hunter in the game........... :lol:

Lets make all the trophy deer harder! That's what I hear Gas say :P :lol:

Remember Patrick announced they would be bringing scent spray out at some stage for Sambar, so maybe this might help with some of the issues? It would certainly help with the roaming speed.

Again this didn't bother me so much, it was nice to have an animal that gave using a rifle an advantage.

Anyway in short, good conversation. But hold on to your thoughts until the scent spray is released. :)
You're mocking/shaming the same player again.

It seems to me that you really have a vested interest on this subject of Sambar deer, and that you're using your EW power/influence/voice to push your own agenda. I appreciate that you love the way the Sambar currently are in the game and don't want to see them changed, but I think it's irresponsible of you to act in such a way. I'd rather you had just reminded him/us that a scent was coming and left it at that from the start, without the charged personal interjection. I remembered it, I've been patiently awaiting its release, but some players may have not seen it or remembered it.


J_birdman. I don't mean any offense at all to anyone. Gas didn't take any offense? and if you did Gas I am very sorry. I was trying to relate to Gas as I tried to explain. He is a very straight up person and I thought he would appreciate it back.

I will PM him. There are different ways to deal with different people, if I have miss read Gas I thought he would have told me.
User avatar
Sherab86
Hunter
Posts: 543
Joined: September 27th, 2017, 2:41 am
Location: Poland

Re: Status Update - 12th January 2018

Postby Sherab86 » January 15th, 2018, 12:43 pm

Well, I don't know how Gas, but at least I didn't take TreeKiwi as being offensive. But I do feel, TreeKiwi, that you somewhat neglect complains of many (most?) players about Sambar, and this I don't understand, to be honest. There would be more sense in a statement, in the name of EW, as such: "We designed Sambar this way intentionaly, and we won't change it", than in try to convince us, that there is no problem at all. :/
User avatar
Tanngnjostr
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8111
Joined: July 14th, 2015, 12:41 pm
Location: Moguntia

Re: Status Update - 12th January 2018

Postby Tanngnjostr » January 15th, 2018, 12:55 pm

Doesn't "We designed them this way intentionally" imply that there's no problem?

Anyway, while I have limited experience with Sambar deer, until now I also like them the way they are. I don't really want a caller - their little brothers have one, that should be enough.
Regarding roaming speed: yes, they could be a little slower, but you can stalk them if you're cautious. It's definitely easier than stalking bears... :P
And I really don't get that "steel plate" thing. A well aimed broadside shoot usually results in a lung hit - even if it's single lung, the deer will drop within 100 meters.

If people want Sambar with a caller and less tank-y, why don't they hunt rusa? :?
Image
User avatar
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter
Posts: 8484
Joined: December 3rd, 2008, 3:48 am
Location: Buffalo, NY

Re: Status Update - 12th January 2018

Postby BucksNBuffalo » January 15th, 2018, 12:55 pm

I don’t think TK neglects the complaints, because they have been noted of course. There is a scent attractant coming out for Sambar as was stated even back in the Beta. Do I also think at the moment the Sambar are a bit on the overly tough side? Of course. As are the ever-roaming Banteng who rarely stop for anything. Unless you have hours to kill, forget about stalking Sambar or Banteng unless you get really lucky. That kinda kills it for me because I enjoy bowhunting in the game. So yes, I do agree wholeheartedly that changes do need made. However, I also understand that this has been communicated to EW already, and not taking anything away from him but TK has done his part as the CM. He is not a programmer, producer, etc. He cannot control what his bosses say or do not say. So to put it on TK that it is he who neglects complaints is not exactly fair. Keep in mind, TK was a player and fan just like any of us before he got his break as CM. If anything, and as an original member of this game and forum, I am GLAD that one of us, one of the “boys”, got a position with the company because it’s someone that knows the game from our level, not just the programming aspect.
User avatar
walt133
Hunter
Posts: 947
Joined: November 30th, 2016, 5:05 pm

Re: Status Update - 12th January 2018

Postby walt133 » January 15th, 2018, 1:15 pm

BucksNBuffalo wrote:However, I also understand that this has been communicated to EW already, and not taking anything away from him but TK has done his part as the CM. He is not a programmer, producer, etc. He cannot control what his bosses say or do not say. So to put it on TK that it is he who neglects complaints is not exactly fair. Keep in mind, TK was a player and fan just like any of us before he got his break as CM. If anything, and as an original member of this game and forum, I am GLAD that one of us, one of the “boys”, got a position with the company because it’s someone that knows the game from our level, not just the programming aspect.
VERY good points B&B. I can also see it from the other side of the coin though. Doesn't he work alongside of programmer's producer's etc.? So technically he could probably help get some of this changed right? I don't mean this as any disrespect to TK at all and I am glad he is with EW. Just trying to understand everything from everyone's point of view. ;)
User avatar
J_Birdman
Hunter
Posts: 657
Joined: August 21st, 2015, 11:26 am

Re: Status Update - 12th January 2018

Postby J_Birdman » January 15th, 2018, 1:23 pm

TreeKiwi wrote:J_birdman. I don't mean any offense at all to anyone. Gas didn't take any offense? and if you did Gas I am very sorry. I was trying to relate to Gas as I tried to explain. He is a very straight up person and I thought he would appreciate it back.

I will PM him. There are different ways to deal with different people, if I have miss read Gas I thought he would have told me.
This isn't about him, it's about you, and all of us. I know you're a player turned staffer, but a staffer you are. Not everyone who comes in here knows this. All they see is that you are EW, and by default this means your voice is louder and means more than others, ie-what you say holds more weight because you are EW/in-the-know. I've never before seen an EW staffer speak to a player like you have, and I personally don't like seeing those kinds of words coming from EW staff. I simply don't believe a staffer should use his or her power to bully the playerbase, and especially when it's obvious that you have a vested interest in this subject.

TreeKiwi wrote:No please.. I personally hope they don't make them easier to hunt. I am loving the Sambar. If the big ones see you first they are gone! Even over 100m I have seen them spot me and then they are gone, LOVE IT!! Need to make more animals hard in this game :D

TreeKiwi wrote:
Prinz1989 wrote:A caller for Sambar Deer and bait for Banteng are neccessities.
It's not about challenge. Coyotes are a challange: Difficult for newbies but fairly easy for experienced players.
These new animals are just annoying track-spook-track-spook-track-spook, it's pure luck!

I just had another hunt were i shot 3 Bantengs and all of them survived. Well if I have half a second to make the shot bad shot placement is going to happen.
Even from a buisness point of view this doesn't make any sense. I have the most equipment on WHI, because all animals there can be lured in. They could sell callers and bait stations and stands and bows and camping supplies and tents...
Now no equipment matters the best option to hunt is to walk down the river shoot everything you see, quit and repeat.


I am trying to work out how to word this without meaning any offense... because I honestly don't :)

But one of the species you are talking about being spooky is massive... How you are having trouble stalking the Banteng I am not sure? I have been bow hunting them this afternoon and not had a problem at all. If they see you they will run, for sure... but so should every animal.

Sambar are my favorite to hunt at the moment. There is nothing but straight skill to hunting them and I am loving that. No sprays or calls, just pure skill. The calls and sprays make animals a little too easy and very predictable. So it is so nice to have a change in animals and a few that are really putting the community to the test. If I had my way I would be making lots of animals harder to hunt, especially the big trophy ones. Only thing I would agree with the Sambar is I think that they need to slow down a touch, its very hard to bow hunt them because of this. But speaking of which... bows have a huge advantage in the game and its nice to now have an animal that guns have an advantage over, so maybe just leave them :p

If you would like to come out one time with me mate I can show you how to hunt them if you like? Its the same with Dall sheep and BH. Once you work them out they are pretty easy!

Cheers

TK

TreeKiwi wrote:Na Knuts correct. If everyone else can get something easier, there is not the same feeling of accomplishment. If you are all on the same page and you all know how hard it is. It's much more satisfying to bag one. If everyone is bagging them because they are now easy. It doesn't really matter how you did it. Nobody is going to care if you tricked it into drinking some poisonous tea. So then you go ah well... everyone else is doing it the easy way and the results the same. Adapt and don't see the Sambar as hard. They really aren't.

And then of course today's post which this is all about.

Again, to be clear, I appreciate your love of the current Sambar, and of course believe everyone's opinions matter, staffers and all. What I don't appreciate is the way in which you have executed yours because I believe it was done unfairly and unjustly, which is an affront to the community as a whole. And to be more clear, I am not pushing my own agenda here, this isn't about my own opinion on the Sambar and what I would or would not like to see done to them. I'm fine with whatever happens, even if they don't release a single attractant for them. They'd just be another animal in the EHR I won't enjoy hunting as much as others, which there are plenty of.
User avatar
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter
Posts: 8484
Joined: December 3rd, 2008, 3:48 am
Location: Buffalo, NY

Re: Status Update - 12th January 2018

Postby BucksNBuffalo » January 15th, 2018, 1:34 pm

walt133 wrote:
BucksNBuffalo wrote:However, I also understand that this has been communicated to EW already, and not taking anything away from him but TK has done his part as the CM. He is not a programmer, producer, etc. He cannot control what his bosses say or do not say. So to put it on TK that it is he who neglects complaints is not exactly fair. Keep in mind, TK was a player and fan just like any of us before he got his break as CM. If anything, and as an original member of this game and forum, I am GLAD that one of us, one of the “boys”, got a position with the company because it’s someone that knows the game from our level, not just the programming aspect.
VERY good points B&B. I can also see it from the other side of the coin though. Doesn't he work alongside of programmer's producer's etc.? So technically he could probably help get some of this changed right? I don't mean this as any disrespect to TK at all and I am glad he is with EW. Just trying to understand everything from everyone's point of view. ;)

And just exactly what would TK be able to say or do that has not already been said? Is he gonna give his co-workers a daily reminder, keep poking them with sticks, talk about work over lunch, etc? None of us are in the office with them so we do not know how things are done. I am sure that like any company, there is a whiteboard (so to speak) that has priorities and other things on it that need taken care of. The one thing I am positive of tho, is that TK HAS brought up issues that are reported here to the people that he has to, as he has even said in various threads the same thing. The bottom line really is, and truthfully, is that people want things and they want them NOW. Well, it don’t work like that. The issues have to be replicated in order to be fixed. In regards to the Sambar and Banteng, the feedback is there, and they just gotta find the balance to tweak them. How do we, as regular players of the game, even know that these fixes aren’t currently in Beta testing being tweaked as we speak? We don’t. And that’s how it should be. We pay to play the game, not help develop it. And of course the other thing is sometimes people just plain out don’t read nor comprehend. Take the Grizzly/Polar Bear issue. Alena stated that there was nothing changed intentionally about the bears and they are looking into it, yet beyond that statement you see replies such as “Why did they change it?” “It was stupid for them to change it” and then of course the poll comes up “Do you think EW should change the bears back to wha they were?”. All of this because people cannot comprehend. Get my point? We just need to have patience. There is a lot of weird bugs goin on at one time right now, most resulting from the Piccabeen release. I actually just found that I also have the sound issue on WRR, making the map unplayable for me at this time. Ok, there are other maps, other species, so whatever. Do I have a personal time limit? Of course I do. But it is probably much more realistic than what others have. Bottom line, have patience, and don’t put it all on TK as he has done his part and continues to do so.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DeerHooman, SoftShoe and 1 guest