Status Update - 12th January 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
fantamichele
Outfitter

Re: Status Update - 12th January 2018

Post by fantamichele »

BucksNBuffalo wrote:
fantamichele wrote:Would it be possible to see the sambar spray before a person reaches 1,000 catches ?. It would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Why? If someone gets to 1000 Sambar Deer before the spray is released, then I would assume they probably have no need for it, right? ;) And even so, if your post was supposed to be somewhat humorous/ironic/sarcastic, I’m pretty sure the spray will be out very soon. You know you will not get a time estimate though. ;)
In fact, it was just a way of saying to do it quickly :)
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

fantamichele wrote:
BucksNBuffalo wrote:
fantamichele wrote:Would it be possible to see the sambar spray before a person reaches 1,000 catches ?. It would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Why? If someone gets to 1000 Sambar Deer before the spray is released, then I would assume they probably have no need for it, right? ;) And even so, if your post was supposed to be somewhat humorous/ironic/sarcastic, I’m pretty sure the spray will be out very soon. You know you will not get a time estimate though. ;)
In fact, it was just a way of saying to do it quickly :)
I kinda thought so really lol ;)
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

Alright,

I have some more information for everyone! :)

First off, I would like to address a few the comments about Bethany being less visible than our previous producer Alena. We had a super rare situation with Alena, as she had been a Community Manager before she became Producer. Needless to say, that role comes with unrivaled communication skills and experience – above and beyond what is expected of any producer.

That said, we understand that quick and direct communication has become one of the things that makes this community so special, and we want to make sure to keep it going. To that end, Graham and I will spend more time with you, posting updates, answering questions and taking part in discussions. This frees up Beth’s time for what she does best, which is to produce this amazing game! She will still be checking in, but will let us take the lead here, which we very much look forward to! There has been some lag in communication while we all got settled back in after the holidays, but this won’t be the case going forward :)

Sambar Deer.
Regarding the Sambar Deer, our game designer Patrick is currently tweaking its score value as well as its health values. The health values can be expected to be slightly lower making the animal easier to kill. The score values are a bit more tricky and will need more time before properly nailed on the head.

WRR sound issues.
We are working on a more permanent fix, not just a band aid approach. This is nearly done and is due for testing soon, Sorry for the inconvenience it is creating.

The Bears spooking.
This is actually how they were suppose to be at the start, what was happening was that they were stuck in angry mode, which is why you could get so close to them. There was no 'cautious' mode and they either stood their ground and charged you or ran. But we hear you loud and clear and agree they shouldn't be so spooky, so we are going through each species and tweaking them to make them more true to life.

As for me, I am sorry for creating some drama. I didn't mean to and I have contacted the person affected to make sure I hadn't offended him - I was pleased to hear that I hadn't. Going forward, I will keep my personal opinions mostly out of discussions. I am still very passionate about the game, and always will be. But on reflection I can see how getting too involved can make things messy. Just to be clear: I don't intend to push my own agenda, I don't even have one and everything I do is motivated by what I feel is best for the game as a whole.

Cheers all, and I am excited to ride 2018 with you guys and gals :)

TK
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

As for the 9.3 x 74R rifle, is it possible to see it in the shop quickly?
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

the bears were more fun to hunt when not so scared. so similar to how they were would be great.

as for producer doing community things it isnt their job to do so. so any words from them should be seen as a bonus.thats why we have community managers . which you are doing a great job. everyone gets a little behind with christmas its natural. keep up the good work.
Wrein

Post by Wrein »

TreeKiwi wrote:Alright,

First off, I would like to address a few the comments about Bethany being less visible than our previous producer Alena. We had a super rare situation with Alena, as she had been a Community Manager before she became Producer. Needless to say, that role comes with unrivaled communication skills and experience – above and beyond what is expected of any producer.

That said, we understand that quick and direct communication has become one of the things that makes this community so special, and we want to make sure to keep it going. To that end, Graham and I will spend more time with you, posting updates, answering questions and taking part in discussions. This frees up Beth’s time for what she does best, which is to produce this amazing game! She will still be checking in, but will let us take the lead here, which we very much look forward to! There has been some lag in communication while we all got settled back in after the holidays, but this won’t be the case going forward :)

Sambar Deer.
Regarding the Sambar Deer, our game designer Patrick is currently tweaking its score value as well as its health values. The health values can be expected to be slightly lower making the animal easier to kill. The score values are a bit more tricky and will need more time before properly nailed on the head.

WRR sound issues.
We are working on a more permanent fix, not just a band aid approach. This is nearly done and is due for testing soon, Sorry for the inconvenience it is creating.

The Bears spooking.
This is actually how they were suppose to be at the start, what was happening was that they were stuck in angry mode, which is why you could get so close to them. There was no 'cautious' mode and they either stood their ground and charged you or ran. But we hear you loud and clear and agree they shouldn't be so spooky, so we are going through each species and tweaking them to make them more true to life.

As for me, I am sorry for creating some drama. I didn't mean to and I have contacted the person affected to make sure I hadn't offended him - I was pleased to hear that I hadn't. Going forward, I will keep my personal opinions mostly out of discussions. I am still very passionate about the game, and always will be. But on reflection I can see how getting too involved can make things messy. Just to be clear: I don't intend to push my own agenda, I don't even have one and everything I do is motivated by what I feel is best for the game as a whole.

TK
I like this pre update release note thing.

I like it better when you guys communicate this way. I personnaly only want to know if you're working on this or that or if these or these feature are meant to be and not a bug.
I personnaly don't need a timeline for the bugs and new features bu i like having an idea on what to expect from the net patch/ update.

Sorry if my last post was a bit harsh but I felt like you guys didn't make any comment towards the WRR bug in the forums and therefore users didn't know what to expect about it.

I don't have a comment on the sambar, i like having a deer species that's super elusive and hard to kill here but I might have not hunted them much yet.

For the bears I agree in didn't se any in my last few hunts in TgT so yeah they really changed too much and too fast here.

-Wrein
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

:arrow: TK Thank you for the explanation regarding Bethany, and a heads up on how you and EW_Graham are going to be doing things. It IS appreciated...this communication.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

ronMctube wrote:the bears were more fun to hunt when not so scared. so similar to how they were would be great.
Totally agree with Ron :)

Thanks for these news TK !!!
Gewehrwolf
Tracker

Post by Gewehrwolf »

Hi,
TreeKiwi wrote:Alright,

Sambar Deer.

WRR sound issues.

The Bears spooking.

TK
Awesome statement mate, thank you for that. I kinda like the idea of the producer mostly producing stuff and putting her efforts into that while community managers handle the community. But I also liked the way Alena did things, since this unique communication was part of what I love about this game and what makes it worth the money. But time will tell how this will work out. Until now, I'm positive about that.

I didn't do any Sambar hunting at all so I got no clue about the issues. Got some other species on my agenda first, but I have absolutely no problem with the idea of a super-elusive deer species. I think it's a nice challenge, while some of the other deer are way to easy. But from what I've read, there seems to be a problem not only with its health values, but apperently also with vital organ hitboxes.

I did a permanent fix on the WRR sound replacing my surround headphones with some cheapa$$ speakers from the gas station. I'm glad to hear you are about to fix it.

The bears thing is another question. No offense, but I truly don't believe they were intended this way. Why would they be meant to be more spooky than brown or black bears? That wouldn't make any sense at all. And I've done some hunts on them before, sneaking up to them and getting real close. There was no sign of them beeing 'stuck in angry mode'. But I agree that there wasn't this 'cautious mode' like for example brown bears do after beeing spooked.
Anyway, the behaviour the are showing now seems to be far from 'how they were intended', It seems more that they are for some reason bugged up beyond recognition. It's not only them fleeing for some reason. It's more like them going entirely nuts, running in circles or 'zickzack' like madcows and leaving a truckload of footprints. This wasn't happening before, and isn't happening with other bears.
Just trying to elaborate here that they are far from 'working as intended', that there's a serious issue about them. It's not a big isssue on WRR, since the polar bears are rather rare and often are on the ice shelves, where no othe animal cares about them freaking out. But the grizzly in TGT constantly keep spooking other animals for no reason, what is kind of frustrating and keeps a bunch of people, including myself from hunting there. So I'd highly appreciate if you got this fixed soon.

I've been following this discussion and I couldn't see anything offensive in your post. I agree with some users that people who don't know you and only see a purple post might get the wrong intention. But I also understand that it must be pretty difficult to be a passionate player on the one hand, while also working at EW and beeing forced to a more neutral position. I think you're doing this pretty well and don't see any need to change your attitude.

Just my two cents,
Wehrwolf.
μολών λαβέ
Ringalor
Tracker

Post by Ringalor »

Thank you TreeKiwi...

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”